Author Topic: new bait idea  (Read 2146 times)

Offline spearinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never trust a man who doesnt drink
new bait idea
« on: Mar 27, 2013, 08:06 PM »
i was thinking about trying small pieces of chicken skins?  anybody heard of this?  an older gentlemen told me about it and thinking of giving it a try.  but, how would i preserve them?  this year, when the bite was tough, i took my spike and squeezed all the guts out and stretched it out so it was long and flimzy  and it looked just like a small piece of chicken skin. by doing this i got more and bigger fish.  i was trying all the plastic baits had with no results.  what do you guys think?

Offline Webby

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: new bait idea
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2013, 07:20 PM »
I'd say, give it a try. My bet is that it will work.
"The best two times to go fishing is when it's raining and when it's not raining!"

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: new bait idea
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2013, 07:58 PM »
This has been mentioned on here before.  Never tried it myself, nor do I remember what the results were from those who did try it..  But Sure cant hurt to try it.   
Thinking it would be easier to partially freeze the skin before trying to cut it into thin strips.  You could also add food coloring and add your favorite scents if you wanted a variety to try out.
As for perserving them you could try freezing them til you are on the ice, Or possibly salting them would keep them for awhile. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.