Author Topic: In-sled 36" Tip-up storage?  (Read 1484 times)

Offline BFFlynn51

• IceShanty Rookie
In-sled 36" Tip-up storage?
« on: Dec 22, 2018, 01:28 PM »
What is everyone doing to lug around their 36" Jack Traps/Heritage Lakers/HT Mammoth Pro's?  I've got a smaller wooden box in my Jet sled that I keep my 24" traps in, but I'm slowly upgrading the fleet to larger/newer traps and having trouble finding a good way to keep them stored/secure in my JetSled. Looking to see what people have come up with.

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: In-sled 36" Tip-up storage?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2018, 08:01 PM »
I got the loring hardwater packbasket a few years ago. I like it. Fits 5 Lakers easily, when my son comes I can squeeze in 10 with spoon and a lunch. The 28" use to be called the hardwater but they seem to have dropped that name. The liner keeps traps separated.
https://loringoutdoors.com/
It must be something in the water.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Re: In-sled 36" Tip-up storage?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2018, 06:29 AM »
Had a pack basket for many years, then I used one of my kids old backpacks, now use a cabelas 36 inch rod holder bag.

It hold 3 laker rods and 3 big tip ups. My buddy has 2, one for his traps and one for his rods and he uses big heritage laker traps too.

Not sure if this are the 36 inch heritage, I know his rod bag is sized for 36 inches.

Traps are much more robust to stand the abuse of ice fishing more so than rods. I break at least 2 rods a season by me being an idiot and lazy. My traps I can just throw in my sled and deal with them at home.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.