The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Woodruff reservoir  (Read 2751 times)

Offline brownb56

• Team IceShanty Regular
Woodruff reservoir
« on: Dec 01, 2018, 06:23 PM »
Was wondering if anyone had information on woodruff reservoir north of Evanston? Wondering what access to the lake is like and possibly ice conditions. Didn't see it in the list of lakes.
Teach a man to fish and he will have food for life, teach a woman to fish and he will be happy for life.

Offline lippy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Woodruff reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2018, 04:50 PM »
you might try the Utah page.

Offline Bryce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2018, 05:07 PM »
Are you asking about Woodruff reservoir in Utah or Woodruff Narrows in Wyoming?  Woodruff in Utah has about 10 miles of dirt road into it that can get real ugly to drive in the snow.  I haven't been to the Narrows in Wyoming but I seem to remember someone saying it is paved and  maintained year round.

Offline shotgun jones

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:07 AM »
woodruff narrows capped haven't been out yet road is clear to the gravel pit area
excuse me while i whip this out..

Offline brownb56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2018, 02:39 AM »
Yea woodruff narrows north of Evanston in Wyoming. Was curious what the access is like. See there is alot of private property around it.
Teach a man to fish and he will have food for life, teach a woman to fish and he will be happy for life.

Offline kaydo59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2018, 12:06 PM »
I checked it out this weekend not worth your time. Caught a sucker was about it. The access is ok snow is about 8-9"  I've was about 5'" seen a few others out asked one group they didnt catch much either.  Maybe 2 rainbows.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Hey kaydo59 just had a couple questions if you dont mind. Was there 8-9in of snow on the 5in of ice? or just 8-9in of snow on the shore and clear ice? What depth did you fish in?

Thanks
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline kaydo59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2018, 12:26 PM »
8" of snow on shore and about 2" of snow on the lake and I moved a few times depths was from 15-20' not much for marks coming through either.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Thanks, did the ice seem pretty consistant in the holes you drilled? I'm looking to run around there on my machine and cover some ground in the near future. Its just about in my comfort zone as long as the ice is consistant
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline kaydo59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2018, 12:33 PM »
No it looked like some open water by the dam and some ice had snow and other parts didn't. I would wait before going out on a 4 wheeler.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2018, 12:51 PM »
sounds good thanks again
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline brownb56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2018, 09:02 PM »
I checked it out this weekend not worth your time. Caught a sucker was about it. The access is ok snow is about 8-9"  I've was about 5'" seen a few others out asked one group they didnt catch much either.  Maybe 2 rainbows.

Dang was hoping to find a perch or two.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline brownb56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2018, 04:54 PM »
Thought about requesting it to be added. But really know nothing about it and never been there. Maybe someone with more information could fill in the blanks and request it?

Offline wybighorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 28, 2018, 09:22 PM »
Fished it yesterday. First time I’ve fished the Narrows in 20+ years. Lots of people there. Pretty much everyone was parked at the gravel pit and fished from there. Fished 25 fow, lots of small perch. Ice was around 8”. We didn’t move much. Set up the tent, turned on the heater, and enjoyed some beverages. It was fun to switch it up from trout.
"Take a kid fishing!"

Offline brownb56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 29, 2018, 12:45 PM »
Fished it yesterday. First time I’ve fished the Narrows in 20+ years. Lots of people there. Pretty much everyone was parked at the gravel pit and fished from there. Fished 25 fow, lots of small perch. Ice was around 8”. We didn’t move much. Set up the tent, turned on the heater, and enjoyed some beverages. It was fun to switch it up from trout.

Was hoping to take my daughter Monday if weather cooperates. Never been, is this where the gravel pit is?

Offline Lets fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 29, 2018, 06:53 PM »
perch? Do they have any size thought years ago i heard about northerns also intersting except for sewage ponds there.  ??? What other fish?

Offline wybighorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 31, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Was hoping to take my daughter Monday if weather cooperates. Never been, is this where the gravel pit is?

Yeah, I can’t totally tell from your map on my phone, but that looks about right.
"Take a kid fishing!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.