Author Topic: Echo Lake  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Smellsliketuna

• IceShanty Rookie
Echo Lake
« on: Dec 10, 2006, 05:46 PM »
I went up to Echo yesterday afternoon, 10,600ft for some snow shoeing, and scouting, while I was there thought I would drill some holes in the ice to see if I could catch anything, the ice a good 12 inches, but everywhere I went on that some lake nothing but seaweed 6 ft. down, I tried everything in my arsenal lure box but to no avail. I heard it's good fishing during the summer so I dont see why not during the summer. Anyone else ice fish this lake before, are there any deeper spots??? I guess I'm going to Dillon next weekend!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Echo Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2006, 09:26 AM »
I've tried that place twice and its a lost cause!  No reason to ever go back there!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Smellsliketuna

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Thanks alot Slayerfish, I know now not to go back up there, the only reason why I tried is because you had some success up at St. Mary's a while back which is also a high altitude lake!!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2006, 08:31 AM »
The big diff is that St. Mary's is about 20 ft deep and Echo is 6 ft deep.  6ft = oxygen deprivation and winter kill.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline yeager

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2006, 05:41 PM »
I iced st. marys shortly after your post Slayer, and I caught some of the wierdest looking brooks out of there with big heads and eyes and little bodies my biggest was probly 8 inches  :D . They were a good start for the season though and the hike was a nice work out!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.