Author Topic: Lets get the machines ready!!  (Read 3109 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Lets get the machines ready!!
« on: Sep 11, 2017, 08:52 AM »
Just thought i would start a thread for things you have on your machines. Either to be prepared  for issues or just set up nice when out on the ice. A few additions I have made for this upcoming season besides my back rack is a tow strap/tool kit. Picked it up from amazon for a decent price and added some tools/zip ties/carabiners/hitch pins Ect.... to the kit (didnt come with them, just the bag & tow strap)

And some scratchers purchased off of KSL. Will be nice to keep things cool when there is not enough snow or its just packed down very hard from the warm days followed be a very cold night

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Re: Lets get the machines ready!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2017, 10:44 AM »
I have a lap top bag I have been using, it fits perfectly in a recess in my shelter rack. It has tow straps and a extra length of tow strap, carabiners, spare belt,, wire, TP, Duct Tape, little ziploc bag with extra nuts, bolts, washers, and misc. stuff, tool bag with extra plugs for the sled and auger and a few additional tools. I also have the tool bag that came with the sled.

Forgot, also a Gerber Multi-tool
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2017, 11:23 AM »
Very nice kit bart. Using the laptop bag is a great idea. I have a few of those laying around and didnt even think of the use of them for this purpose. I like the extra hardware also. I'm going to bag some up and add them to mine. Nothing wrong with a couple extra nuts and bolts for sure
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2017, 12:21 PM »
Great thread! Keep the ideas coming, I am taking notes.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2017, 12:51 PM »
Decided to check in today and see what's hapnin.  Some activity already and it ain't even October yet.   ;D

Pulled the starter rope one time on my sled a couple weeks ago for the first time since March.  Started on that pull and purred like a kitten.   ;D  Life is good.

Rearranged some gear in the shed and checked all my ice gear as I did so.  Everything is good to go.  It's going to be a GREAT year.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2017, 01:47 PM »
How did the new boat turn out this year?  Seems like you disappeared when you got that thing... Been living in it all summer?  Hope the ice is good this year, will be fun to join up on a trip or two... Hopefully with less damage to equipment than last years trip to Whitney... Later J

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2017, 08:44 AM »
Seems like you disappeared when you got that thing... Been living in it all summer?

X2 Bob has been pretty quiet on the forums this summer  ;D But in his defense if I was retired and had that boat I would definately be living in it, no internet or phone service required  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2017, 09:11 AM »
For those of you that haven't seen my new toy, this is what it looks like.   ;D ;D ;D 

If you click on either image, it will open a larger version so you can see more detail.

What's not to like with all this room?   :thumbsup:

Now it's almost time to start chasing quackers to kill time until the deck is hard.  Life is good!
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2017, 11:30 AM »
Man I hate these filters at work, I had to get on my phone to drool over that sweet ride. What I dont get is the IMGUR pics show up fine but the postimage pics will not  ??? ??? ???
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.