The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Joe Holland  (Read 8236 times)

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Joe Holland
« on: Feb 24, 2022, 08:38 AM »
Thanks  Joe   for all your u tube videos they are very good its a nice way to help a lot of People ,This winter you are letting me go fishing with out wasting my time in slush or glare ice and saving me gas money.

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Joe Holland
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2022, 09:01 AM »
I've been enjoying those videos too.
Gives me a good chance to see places I'll never see since I'll never own a snowmobile needed to get there.
I'll never fish in below zero temps either. That guy is ridiculously cold tolerant.
Despite the cold and long snowmobile rides, camping alone way out there on the ice seems so cool and attractive. I would really love to be able to do that.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2022, 09:09 AM »
Yes Mike  I use  to do what joe is doing, But as i got older i Bought property on the  Golden rd so we can enjoy all he does from a warm Camp and watch Mt. Kartardin  in the east.  ( Verrillville)

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2022, 09:50 AM »
Thanks  Joe   for all your u tube videos they are very good its a nice way to help a lot of People ,This winter you are letting me go fishing with out wasting my time in slush or glare ice and saving me gas money.
Did u get joes autograph at the meet n greet couple weeks back?

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2022, 12:03 PM »
Ive never met him , all my friends and family have met and fished along side him, but not me yet,  I owe him hes saved me a lot of gas money.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2022, 04:44 PM »
I'm absolutely blown that people actually caught fish before the internet.   It's a sad world in which we live that people cannot figure anything on their own

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2022, 07:02 PM »
I just fish good weather days or looking out camp windows.

Offline SilverSides

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing is better than any day at work!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2022, 07:20 PM »
I like his videos for the most part, but was not too impressed on the latest Sebago video where his sidekick was squeezing the guts out of the fish, then throwing them back. I'm really not sure why he wanted all those alewives?   ???

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2022, 08:12 PM »
I'm absolutely blown that people actually caught fish before the internet.   It's a sad world in which we live that people cannot figure anything on their own

?????
Did you mean to post this in a different thread?
What does any of that have to do with a couple of guys saying they enjoy watching the guy's videos?

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2022, 09:02 PM »
They squeeze the togue to get air bubble out so they can swim back down in that 100+ depth those bait squeezed out will feed a few Eagles

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #10 on: Feb 25, 2022, 05:29 AM »
Everyone wants to be a YouTube star! 😁

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 25, 2022, 09:56 AM »

I'm thinking it's time for Joe to do an episode with Larry the Enticer guy and JUST SEND IT!!!! ;D  Maybe another cameo with bee might be in order ???  For the record, I'm sure Mr. Holland is a very nice guy. :tipup:

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #12 on: Feb 25, 2022, 10:30 AM »
I'm thinking it's time for Joe to do an episode with Larry the Enticer guy and JUST SEND IT!!!! ;D  Maybe another cameo with bee might be in order ???  For the record, I'm sure Mr. Holland is a very nice guy. :tipup:
It’s all in good fun. I don’t know Joe personally but he seems like a genuinely nice guy. Him and bee should send it in another vid!!

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 25, 2022, 11:38 AM »

That's the world we live in today.
I fought it for awhile, until I got a smart TV. Now my 15 year old watches YouTube on the big screen every night when he's here. I got sucked in.
Considering how much crap there is on there and how annoying some of those y-tubers can be, Joe's videos are entertaining and easy to watch, if maybe too long. I don't need a 50 minute video, especially if 10 of those minutes are filmed from the seat of a snowmobile droning on.
At least he's easy going, easy to listen to, doesn't hoot and holler and screech over every fish he catches and presents content that not a lot of other guys are doing.
And for the record, he mostly fishes places that are out of my reach, using techniques I mostly don't use. I don't watch his stuff to steal secret spots or learn things I couldn't do on my own. I just watch it because it's fun and entertaining and holds my interest.

Offline Bourbon and Bass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 25, 2022, 12:19 PM »
That's the world we live in today.
I fought it for awhile, until I got a smart TV. Now my 15 year old watches YouTube on the big screen every night when he's here. I got sucked in.
Considering how much crap there is on there and how annoying some of those y-tubers can be, Joe's videos are entertaining and easy to watch, if maybe too long. I don't need a 50 minute video, especially if 10 of those minutes are filmed from the seat of a snowmobile droning on.
At least he's easy going, easy to listen to, doesn't hoot and holler and screech over every fish he catches and presents content that not a lot of other guys are doing.
And for the record, he mostly fishes places that are out of my reach, using techniques I mostly don't use. I don't watch his stuff to steal secret spots or learn things I couldn't do on my own. I just watch it because it's fun and entertaining and holds my interest.
I've never watched Joe's videos, but I can appreciate a fishing video that is well produced and/or is instructional in a way that I might not have thought about angling. Like Extreme Philly Fishing, I have no desire to microfish, but Leo's sense of humor, genuine excitement for catching fish that most of us wouldn't even think about, and the straight up deluge of Ichthyology and methodology keeps me entertained and enthralled. TacticalBassin as well. Some of their tips and tricks aren't fully applicable to some of our more specialized fisheries, but the excitement they have for passing on knowledge and the wholesome positivity their videos exude is a welcome respite. I know they specifically get blowback for giving up secrets that tourney anglers and pros have kept tight, but I can imagine the same things were said when Roland Martin put out 101 Bass Catching Secrets. The Group (of) Scrubs (you know the ones, they put out terrible products made by CatchCo that are in green and black packaging, and are always screaming and acting like frat boys that just buttchugged their 10th white claw on spring break) and that kind of fishing youtuber can pound sand (although one of them has a home here in Maine, and I'll watch those episodes out of a masochistic urge to see what dumb, illegal, or completely wrong thing he says or does - like stocking his pond, with an unimpeded outflow, with bass he caught in Pushaw, or saying a water is a native trout one that was on the stocking report the week before.)

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 25, 2022, 12:29 PM »
No love for Outdoors with Aaron ???

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #16 on: Feb 25, 2022, 12:46 PM »
No love for Outdoors with Aaron ???
Lmao nope. Sorry man

Offline SilverSides

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing is better than any day at work!
« Reply #17 on: Feb 25, 2022, 12:53 PM »
Lmao nope. Sorry man
I'll second that.....PAINFUL!

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2022, 01:31 PM »
Lmao nope. Sorry man
I'll second that.....PAINFUL!

How the heck I'm I supposed to get my viewership up with attitudes like that! ::)

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #19 on: Feb 25, 2022, 02:17 PM »
How the heck I'm I supposed to get my viewership up with attitudes like that! ::)
Most ppl should not be making videos and putting em on YouTube

Offline Bourbon and Bass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 25, 2022, 02:24 PM »
Most ppl should not be making videos and putting em on YouTube
Bold new frontier: Fishing videos on OnlyFans? "I just caught this trout and we're gonna do a catch and cook, but first I'm gonna crank it for you all."

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #21 on: Feb 25, 2022, 02:53 PM »
Bold new frontier: Fishing videos on OnlyFans? "I just caught this trout and we're gonna do a catch and cook, but first I'm gonna crank it for you all."
Lmao try it out.

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 25, 2022, 03:23 PM »
[quote author=Bourbon and  that kind of fishing youtuber can pound sand (although one of them has a home here in Maine, and I'll watch those episodes out of a masochistic urge to see what dumb, illegal, or completely wrong thing he says or does - like stocking his pond, with an unimpeded outflow, with bass he caught in Pushaw, or saying a water is a native trout one that was on the stocking report the week before.)
[/quote]

Yup. I know just who you're talking about. The same one who completely blew up the canal a few years ago.
Him and his cohorts are the reason I got my kid wireless ear buds to watch the TV with. Them and damn dude perfect. The noise they make drives me up the wall.

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 25, 2022, 03:39 PM »
Joe is great but I'm a fan of Josh too (Precision Angling).  Super knowledgeable, down to earth and says he doesn't take sponsorship money.

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #24 on: Feb 25, 2022, 03:50 PM »
Joe is great but I'm a fan of Josh too (Precision Angling).  Super knowledgeable, down to earth and says he doesn't take sponsorship money.

Josh is good too. Informative and to the point.

Offline tipman14

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Feb 25, 2022, 03:51 PM »
I enjoy watching Joe’s videos better then any political b.s that’s on every station on TV. I don’t know him personally but he definitely seems like a genuine person something this entire world needs more of. I must admit I’m a little jealous  I know he owns  his own business and allows him to fish in the winter as much as he does I own my own business as well but not fortunate enough to have that amount of time. Lol I have never made videos and put on YouTube but from what I hear there is a lot of work put into it to make them worth watching. So good for him it’s pretty simple if you don’t like them then don’t watch them. It’s a very simple concept.  ???
I’m here for the cusk !!!!

Offline tipman14

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 25, 2022, 03:53 PM »

I definitely like joshes videos especially for product reviews.
I’m here for the cusk !!!!

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 25, 2022, 04:17 PM »
Kudos to mr Holland for using his developing platform to recently call out the State's complete mismanagement and botching of sebago,  I did not expect that as someone who generally stays pretty non political

Offline shoeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 25, 2022, 04:35 PM »
Kudos to mr Holland for using his developing platform to recently call out the State's complete mismanagement and botching of sebago,  I did not expect that as someone who generally stays pretty non political
I also was pleasantly surprised by Joe’s calling them out! Kudo’s to Joe!👍

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #29 on: Feb 25, 2022, 04:52 PM »
Yeah I liked him a lot more after watching the beginning of his newest vid this morning. Good job Joe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.