Author Topic: Gotta keep it going "06"  (Read 48880 times)

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: Gotta keep it going "06"
« Reply #30 on: Apr 26, 2006, 06:25 AM »
Just replying so that some one replies to this thread every day!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #31 on: Apr 26, 2006, 07:53 AM »
Pace yourself Mainedog, we always need something to rush us around in december :D
        Jim

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Apr 26, 2006, 11:26 AM »
 :'( :'(Had 2-3 inches of snow here day before yesterday. Made me think of hard water and iceshanty.  WIll be quite a while till ice on. Had to hit the soft water last week caught some really nice walleyes in the 19 -22" range made me kinda happy, still would rather have my water hard ;)

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline windmill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Apr 26, 2006, 01:11 PM »
  Hi folks, I got an idea late into the ice fishing season. I want to build my own light weight, portable, easy to pull, fully enclosed, floating ice sled. Reading a lot of posts on this site, there seems to be good number of members that are looking for ways to make their sleds easier to pull when there is snow on the ice. My idea is to have 2 pontoon like devices, perhaps made with formed R-board, and encased in fiberglass, just one idea, with aluminum tubing joining the 2 structures, with a collapsible chair. I also feel, once the prototype is built, I'm also thinking it could be used for flotation. Would a rope ladder work ? just in case the unforseen happens. Any ways, if I inspired anyone else, great. I really think there is room for improvement, and safety. Thats my project before next ice.

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Apr 26, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Sounds like that should keep you busy for a while ;D ;D, take some pics in the building process.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline Chucker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice - It's not just for drinking!
« Reply #35 on: Apr 26, 2006, 04:04 PM »
Frost this morning!
I'm a-going to stay where ya sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk who invented work
In the big rock candy mountains.

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Apr 26, 2006, 04:57 PM »
will be 30 at night here for a week  wont be long  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #37 on: Apr 27, 2006, 06:02 AM »
It for some reason just seems right to post on here. can't really explain it. It just seems right. Happy summer everyone.

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #38 on: Apr 27, 2006, 09:35 AM »
had a heavy frost yesterday.  dreamin' of ice... ;D

Offline Swede

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Apr 27, 2006, 12:20 PM »
You guys will just have to put up with me... this is the only forum that I ever found that I really liked. Great advice, active and great moderators to keep things on the level, Everyone really adds something positve all the time. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping me have a great first year on the ice. Learned a lot and will be thinking of the ice all summer. And stopping in here to see whats going on...  :tipup:

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Apr 27, 2006, 12:50 PM »
It's good to have you on board, Swede. I like to hear what other fish are caught under the ice in different countries. I would like to be able to get some of the jigs they use over in Sweden. The only ones we can get here are the fiskas.
Ken                                          

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Apr 27, 2006, 07:32 PM »
Yes Swede,

I have to agree with what Bean said.........., can you post some pics of the jigs you guys use?
I've been lucky enough to have fished in Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Germany and France...........but never through the ice. Maybe someday ;D ;D
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #42 on: Apr 28, 2006, 07:07 AM »
Slipbob, if your gonna talk like that go back over to MFF where you belong. :-*
          Jim

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #43 on: Apr 28, 2006, 08:52 AM »
Stop it now oc, the best time of year is coming next Saturday.  ;)   I love the ice and all but it just doesn't hold a candle to "open water walleye" fishing.  :D 
Hopefully, this will be in my dreams on Sat night as I look forward to the first eye fry of the year:

fish n' chips!

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #44 on: Apr 28, 2006, 12:45 PM »
That fish fry looks awesome oc. Soon, very soon the sweet taste of super fresh "sushi-grade" walleye will cross my lips.  ;D 

Deepfried walleye is always great, but there is something special about cooking in cast iron over an open flame... ;D

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #45 on: Apr 28, 2006, 05:22 PM »
My two little boys and myself have one of the portables set up in the basement. They sit in there and pretend to fish. My older son James (4 years old) doesn't like to fish in the boat, he says there is no room to play. I have taken them out in the boat twice this year and all James still talks about is the hardwater. Brent will be two years old before next season, thats plenty old to get him started on the ice. You gotta get them boys away from Mom, and teach them man stuff!

camo_fish

« Reply #46 on: Apr 29, 2006, 02:27 AM »
My two little boys and myself have one of the portables set up in the basement. They sit in there and pretend to fish. My older son James (4 years old) doesn't like to fish in the boat, he says there is no room to play. I have taken them out in the boat twice this year and all James still talks about is the hardwater. Brent will be two years old before next season, thats plenty old to get him started on the ice. You gotta get them boys away from Mom, and teach them man stuff!
For sure, I've had my son on the ice at 3 months old.  ;D But, was actively fishing on the ice at 3 years old.  :thumbsup: He loved going out on the ice with me this past year at 5 years old, he was my lucky charm.  ;D Can't wait for next ice season, but for now we have a great open water season ahead of us.  :clap:

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #47 on: Apr 29, 2006, 06:48 AM »
Two season's ago I took both my kid's on their first trip icefishing and was looking forward to taking them some last season. With the horrible ice conditions that we had here all winter I just didn't feel safe taking them along with me. I sure hope this upcoming season has some better ice so they can go along.
         Jim

Offline Chucker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice - It's not just for drinking!
« Reply #48 on: Apr 29, 2006, 08:02 AM »
Deepfried walleye is always great, but there is something special about cooking in cast iron over an open flame... ;D

It doesn't matter what you're cooking, either.  My buddy and I went up to his place in Ontario at the end of last October to get some late season fishing in.  Saturday night, we made a small bonfire outside, started a smaller cooking fire, and brought out the XM satellite radio.  We put a package of sauerkraut in a cast iron pan, buried eight Johnsonville beer brats in it, and dumped an Ithaca Pale Ale over the top.  The brats cooked for evenly-matched two periods, until the Sabres had a come from behind 6-4 victory in the third.  We jumped and yelled around the fire while munching down the brats and more Ithacas, and listened to ourselves echoing across the lake.  The Isles announcer calls a great game, btw.
I'm a-going to stay where ya sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk who invented work
In the big rock candy mountains.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Apr 29, 2006, 04:30 PM »
thats one beautiful sunset :thumbsup:

Offline The Darkness

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Apr 30, 2006, 11:10 AM »
Nice description Chucker....

I often sit on my storage shed steps, listening to the Red Sox on the radio, while sipping a cold brew.
Below is a picture of my view.  I am usually wondering about how many more days until I can get the ice shack out of storage about this time of year.
Beautiful!
I'm jealous as all heck!

WORK is that annoying time between FISHING TRIPS

camo_fish

« Reply #51 on: Apr 30, 2006, 10:56 PM »
I'm off to the trout stream in the morning after I put my son on the bus and dragging along a new member "jflood" and going to share some knowledge and show'm the ropes.  ;D
And then on Tuesday night, got plans to hit the river bank for some kitty action with good 'ol pal "Deposit". Hope that it clouds up and rains a little bit to intensify the bite.  ;)  :D

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2006, 06:35 AM »
Mainedog, that is almost a picture perfect sunset. I must say though it would look better if that was an ice hut on the lake instead of a boat :'(
        Jim

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2006, 10:37 AM »
nice sunset 'dog...

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2006, 03:59 PM »
now thats better!! every lake looks better FROZEN!! even though that is a beatiful sunset! UPS guy showed up today and brought me a new LX-5!! i cant wait for first ice!!!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2006, 05:45 PM »
How did you know it was sunset and not sunrise, Skipper?
It was sunset.  Parts of Maine remind me of Minnesota.
We just don't have Walleyes; some pike, but those are
illegal introductions.....

Just guessed, sure looked like a thousand sunsets Ive seen here in Minnesota. I appreciate such things, and make time to not miss them. A guy only gets to see the sun rise and set so many times in his life.

icefishnfool

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2006, 09:21 PM »
WELL .....IT FINALLY GOT HERE ........My Vexilar FL-20/AV..........it is the flasher with the aqua vu feature ......has a split screen , flasher on right and Aqua-vu on  the left .......COMES WITH AN BUILT IN POWER AUGER ALSO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;Dwell ,,,,,,maybe soon

trapperdirk

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2006, 06:33 AM »
Well I finally took the power auger out of the truck yesterday even though our ice has been gone for close to two weeks on the lakes that hold it last in my area and coming home from work this a.m. I saw some guy waterskiing . :'( Oh I be so,so sad but the countdown is on till all is well in the world again . ;D

TD

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2006, 06:34 AM »
Polar Bear, I looked at one of those the other day and was gonna get one except I didn't think that I could deal with the flasher on the right. I think I will contact vex and special order one with the flasher on the left :roflmao: and if that doesn't work then I'll just have to flip it up side down and use it that way.
       Jim

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2006, 11:10 AM »
Polar Bear....

Were you being serious about the Vex20 AV?? I mounted my marcum below the AV scout last year, all in one unit and it makes hole hoping much easier, will dig up a pic. I heard rumors that Marcum was working on a combo unit. Sure would be nice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.