Author Topic: What does your name mean?  (Read 61675 times)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: What does your name mean?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 04, 2005, 05:28 AM »
great story wojo so glad to hear you are doing so well and for the record i am (or will be) an organ donor should i have anything left thats any good!! with a little luck ill go while icefishing and will be frozen stiff before they find me!! :D

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Nov 04, 2005, 02:15 PM »
This is sorta hard to explain............... .................. ;D ;D ;D ;D

But bassically it means that my name is Byron, and I'm from PA. If you puzzled over this, please contact me.................... .I have something you really need to buy.

Got smilies, thanks to Bean and Admin.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #32 on: Nov 04, 2005, 04:31 PM »
Self explanitory , every spring i go turkey hunting with my trusty 10 guage.

Offline jigmasterjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 04, 2005, 04:39 PM »
my name comes from the my fathers nickname for years deepsea fishing jigmaster and since im actually jr he started calling me jigmaster jr when he taught me how to jig and i got good at it

Offline Borion2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Nov 04, 2005, 06:22 PM »
Well my name comes from three sources.  First, I have a buddy that calls me B, the first letter of my first name ,Brian. ;D  The second comes from the constellation Orion, the hunter. :D  The 2 is because I forgot the password for my first email account and setup a second account. :P   I decided I liked the 2.  ;) If you really want to look at the name it could mean "Be the Hunter, too!!"  8) Good luck whether hunting on land, water, or ice!!!! :tipup: :tipup:

Brian ;D

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Nov 04, 2005, 06:56 PM »
SALMO TRUTTA.The scientific name for brown trout(salmon trout)Best gamefish swimming under the ice.Or on top of the ice after i bring it thru the hole.

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #36 on: Nov 04, 2005, 10:26 PM »
Mine means I have an apparent lack of creativity :-[

Trevor

Offline frostyicecold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Nov 05, 2005, 09:01 AM »
Last names Frost. So people call me Frosty and I came up with "icecold" to go with it. Works well for this site. ;D

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Nov 05, 2005, 01:19 PM »
I use two screen names on  various sites. The one that means the most is Hearttxp. Reason being I had a heart transplant in 1998. I was 43 years old at that time. I am doing very well. I enjoy life to the fullest every day. There isn't anything that I can not do. I returned to work full time 6 months after my Txp. I fish all year long on Lake  Erie. I travel to the Florida Keys every winter for a couple of weeks with the wife. But most of all I love to ice fish every chance I get. So Please sign up to be a Organ Donor. It doesn't cost anything and who knows if something bad was to happen to you, you could save someones life, like someone did for me. Please Think about it ?

I've been an organ donor since I was old enough to have a license and I think it's something everyone should do!  A tragic event for one person's life can mean anothers could be that much better!  Why waste something that's so precious?  I also had a friend that died at a very young age and because of her someone else is able to have vision to this day!  Very touching story Wojo!!!

-WF.

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #39 on: Nov 06, 2005, 07:19 PM »
I've had all the typical bear analogies used to describe me at one point in time or another.  My wife says I sleep like a bear, snore like a bear and I'm a bear in the morning but most of all she says I'm just a big teddy bear, my wrestling coach once told me I wrestle like a bear, I protect my cubs with the ferocity of a bear and I've been told I'm hairy as a bear.  The Kodiak is my favorite bear soooo.......
I also have had most of the bear analogies thrown my way.
The name also comes from how I fish, I will go wading neck deep in water in search for trout. I look kinda like a bear doing that I'm told.
I also love to eat fish, like a bear. I've also eaten fish raw before, like a bear does.
good name kodiak good to see there is another bear on here!
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #40 on: Nov 06, 2005, 07:39 PM »
Icy Mike... 'nuf said!  OK, let's fish!

Offline Trout Sen-Sei

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout fanatic
« Reply #41 on: Nov 06, 2005, 07:57 PM »
Mine comes from my passion of trout fishing and the old wise man [rat] on the Teenage mutant ninja turtles that used to be popular when my kids were young. He was the sen-sei on that show and my kids called me that for my know-how and success with the trout.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #42 on: Nov 06, 2005, 11:55 PM »
Great guys, keep them comming. N
Neat names everyone, and reasons for picking them. :)

WW

Offline AD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice addict
« Reply #43 on: Nov 07, 2005, 12:19 AM »
Worked in Alaska for two summers, and that is pretty much where I would like to end up one day (just hoping to see a good job open up that isnt a fly in and is on the road system)    The people up there tend to be great people all around.     Plus the fishing is the best I have ever seen and the hunting in spots is about the same.      Plus there are a lot of places for me to work up there with the little education and experience that I have in my work field.   
It doesn't matter if you didn't catch anything as long as you had fun.

Offline jabers69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #44 on: Nov 07, 2005, 10:27 AM »
My initial are jab and i was born in 69 so i got jabers69
 ;D
hook and cook

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #45 on: Nov 07, 2005, 02:04 PM »
I collect animal skulls when I find them,have 14 skull tattoos and my name is Gary...=...Skulldugary

I collect skulls also. My 2 favorites are a 10 point mule deer skull that was given to me and a 6-point whitetail skull I found in the Adirondacks.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline jigerjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #46 on: Nov 07, 2005, 06:30 PM »
  My name Jim and all I do is fish with jig's winter and sommer
Always keep your line wet!

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Nov 07, 2005, 08:00 PM »
Last name is Schenkey(a good Irish name ???) and I have been accused many a time of over indulging in the Whiskey(liqour pig :o), hence the name Pigshanks :o :o :o :o :o

Offline TeamIceBucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Nov 07, 2005, 08:22 PM »
I just started hardwater fishing last season with my friends here in Wyoming.  Don't see a lot of shanties around these parts, my group just uses buckets.  We hand drill a lot of holes and if they aren't good, we move our buckets to other spots till we start bringing in the perch and trout (and the occasional grayling).  I just got a new padded seat for my 6 gallon insulated bucket (gotta keep a lot of cold ones in it to keep the wind from blowing it away) and team ice bucket is ready for the deep freeze!!! ;D

Offline Duckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Nov 08, 2005, 08:41 AM »
well...I guess my first love is duck hunting...and I thought duckslayer sounded kinda like dragonslayer...makes me sound like I'm getting medievil on them!!!  ;D
God, it's good to be in the frozen tundra!

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Nov 08, 2005, 04:58 PM »
I would like to say that my nickname was derived because I like to cut long narrow channels in the ice and walk real fast along it while dragging a rapala  :o. But that would not be feasible now would it? Not to mention it would be backbreaking  ;). Actually my nickname comes from the fact that I am short and stocky and very much at home on the ice. My friends started calling me the Ice Troll because they say I look like one when I am all bundled up and walking around on the ice. I would like to think it is a term of endearment ;D.
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Offline P.I.K.E.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 37 inch pike
« Reply #51 on: Nov 10, 2005, 12:54 AM »
P.I.K.E.

As you can see it's an acronym.

Pursue
Initiate
Kill
Extract

I came up with my name from a first person shooter (pc game) I used to play many moons ago called Rainbow 6. R6 is a counter terrorist squad. Kills terrorists and rescues hostages. Lot's of fun and I thought the name was kind of clever. I've stuck with it since.
Just waiting for the hardwater.

Offline Scott Wright

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine member since 2003
« Reply #52 on: Nov 10, 2005, 05:44 AM »
I'm stupid... :-\

When I registered and it asked me for my onscreen name... I typed in my name... ::)
Scott Wright

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #53 on: Nov 10, 2005, 07:10 AM »
Mine was easy also, some people around here know me as the guy with the little brown dog that is always on the ice.  So, that's what I picked for my name here.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline Niner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Nov 10, 2005, 11:03 AM »
I played baseball through college and wore number 9.

Guys you to say "hey niner!" or here in maine it's more like "hey nine-ah"

dwayne

« Reply #55 on: Nov 10, 2005, 11:08 AM »
I'm stupid... :-\

When I registered and it asked me for my onscreen name... I typed in my name... ::)

Does that make only half stupid since I only gave my first name    :o

Offline tarbot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Nov 10, 2005, 02:36 PM »
Let's just say if I heard my mother yelling this it means I was in BIG trouble!!!!! :o

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Nov 10, 2005, 05:26 PM »
"My name is August West...and I love my Pearly Baker best.....more than my wine. More than my maker....Though he's no friend of mine."
It's a character in a Grateful Dead song. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline Slop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Nov 10, 2005, 06:12 PM »
Slop is the stuff that the better half serves up at supper time..ouch!  ;D ;D

The name comes from many memorable fish caught when fishing the Slop in the summer months. It also makes things easier when visiting different forums and people  know who they're talking to. Just stuck with me i guess.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Nov 10, 2005, 07:08 PM »
Slop is the stuff that the better half serves up at supper time..ouch!  ;D ;D

lol, better hope she doesnt read this or the slop will be served cold :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.