Author Topic: Frabill Ice Suit on the way!  (Read 416 times)

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
Frabill Ice Suit on the way!
« on: Mar 02, 2011, 04:46 AM »
I've went through and read all the back posts on Frabill's Ice suit and have just placed my order from Amazon.  I was going to go with Glen's Outdoors one of the Shanty's sponsors but they didn't have any size large in stock.  Got it for $123 off, no sales tax and free shipping.  A great deal!  After reading all of the pros and cons of the Strikemaster, Clam, Vexilar and Artic Armor suits I opted for the Frabill.  I currently own a camo IDI Artic Armor suit for the last three years and have just not been happy with it.  Don't get me wrong, the flotation aspect of the suit is great but I just can't get past the perspiration build up in the suit,  the cold spots and the way every little piece of snow and ice sticks to the camo material.  I'm gonna put the Frabill through its paces with the best fishing still to come and see if I like it as much as all of the other guys have said in there previous posts.  I'll keep you guys posted after all is said and done.  Might very well be selling a used IDI suit and purchasing an inflatable life vest.  Only time will tell.  Fin

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Frabill Ice Suit on the way!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:27 AM »
I hate to say it, but I agree with you on the lack of ventilation with the IDI suits.  I love everything else about them.  If you can stop the sweat on the way in, setting up and movin' around, you're ok.  Even my Ice Armor caused some condensation build up...that was the first time I've experienced condensation build up.  The life jacket idea is a very good idea and allows you other options as far as dress goes.  I will keep that in mind and look forward to your updates on the Frabill.  Good luck, I hope you're happy with your purchase :)   
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Frabill Ice Suit on the way!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2011, 10:16 AM »
Very interesting about the arctic armor.  I've been looking for a suit for my fiance' and had pretty much swallowed hard and accepted the fact that big bucks were coming for the armor.  But, this seems like an alternative.  I'll be very interested to hear  your updates.  Hope it works for you.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.