Author Topic: KastKing Spinning reels  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
KastKing Spinning reels
« on: Aug 17, 2017, 08:40 AM »
I've been looking at upgrading to a TUCR precision noodle to pair my inline reel with and want to set up my ticklestick with a spinning reel. Been doing some research and came across some reels from KastKing. Looks like it is a relatively new company and wondering if anyone has any experience using them ice fishing? They have some good reviews on Amazon but they are all about open water fishing. They have a nice price point if they can hold up in the cold.
Da Pack!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: KastKing Spinning reels
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2017, 10:36 AM »
to new for me too.
here's the one for ice. 10 + plus 1 bearings sounds good at 30$ and free spare spool. the 1000 size.

https://www.amazon.com/KastKing-Mela-II-Spinning-Reel/dp/B01N33DK99/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1502983574&sr=8-3&keywords=kastking%2Bspinning%2Breels&th=1&psc=1

That's the one I was looking at, I didn't see anything about ice in the description or in any questions/reviews though...
Da Pack!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2017, 12:00 PM »
the cold shouldn't bother it any. if they used a cheap lube , the lube may need to be replaced is all. many of us use hot sauce for cold weather lube. i've owned ice reels that used what acted like and looked like petroleum jelly and was way too stiff for cold weather fishing. eagle claw inline is one of those reels. and the red aluminum version of the same reel.

more talk about lubes here
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=211935.0

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2017, 10:02 PM »
for sure relube it with any good synthetic oil/grease. Polish those stainless drag washers to a mirror shine and apply oil to the both the washers and graphite frictions.

Catchin' Fish

Offline midwest_rodworks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2017, 10:39 PM »
Used the Mela 1000 size last year zero issues that was with factory lube.  Also use it for open water on ultralight for crappies. Bought the 2000 size for my son's rod works smooth as the other.  For the price you will get a nice mid range quality reel, don't expect it to act like a pflueger though.
"Balance in all things"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.