The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Sumthin to do While You Wait for Ice  (Read 11238 times)

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Sumthin to do While You Wait for Ice
« Reply #150 on: Mar 13, 2023, 07:17 AM »
Gotcha I can understand that principle. They make tools to find it and I always try to assume it matters too. I just found it ironic that some well known folks didn’t subscribe. I have so far resisted the fly fishing addiction as I have too much stuff already lol. I certainly appreciate the simplicity and art of it though. Hope you folks have a trip. Sounds like you will!
Definitely matter some rods have 2-3 spines go with the most present one should pop into “place” faster with more spring to it usually carbon fiber blanks vary more then glass graphite or composite think of it as a human bending over we only bend one way heavier bottom fishing rods are built spiral wrapped these days to prevent that reel from wanting to spin back on you when building a casting or conventional rod the guides are on top of the spine and the rod naturally wants to spin back to spine like a spinning rod where the guides run the spine this is just as carp mentioned above

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
Re: Sumthin to do While You Wait for Ice
« Reply #151 on: Nov 03, 2023, 08:34 PM »
An ice fishing forum hijacked by fly fishermen.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.