New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sodus Bay BS Thread  (Read 47632 times)

Offline walter_rev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Sodus Bay BS Thread
« Reply #240 on: Feb 20, 2020, 08:34 AM »
How much snow did the bay get last night and this morning.I'm too old for that drag if they got a lot of snow.    Thanks

FrankM

« Reply #241 on: Feb 20, 2020, 08:45 AM »
Is it permissible to park and access the ice from Dockers Seafood & Grille?  We used to do it years ago and if I remember correctly they have a pretty big parking lot.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #242 on: Feb 20, 2020, 09:03 AM »
Is it permissible to park and access the ice from Dockers Seafood & Grille?  We used to do it years ago and if I remember correctly they have a pretty big parking lot.

No sure if your allowed to park and access ice down there or not. I have never known anyone to park and access
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #243 on: Feb 20, 2020, 11:12 AM »

No sure if your allowed to park and access ice down there or not. I have never known anyone to park and access

It has changed ownership a few years back. My family knows the new owner and we have reached out asking for personal permission.

We have not received a response yet.

On another note, had anyone crossed the pressure crack on the south end near great grassy point lately?
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

FrankM

« Reply #244 on: Feb 20, 2020, 11:17 AM »
Thanks for the info. I remember the place had a different name and was closed during the winter so it was no problem parking there. The new place is open during the winter so I was wondering about the parking situation. I'll have to access from somewhere else.

Offline Zern

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #245 on: Feb 20, 2020, 02:50 PM »
Sodus had alot of snow this morning. I was there at 6:30 and they where just beginning to plow and it was still coming down. I didn't fish. I would say they got 8+inches of lake effect. i am sure it setted some by now.
"Not One Step Back!"- General Leopold
May Your Blades Never Dull!

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #246 on: Feb 20, 2020, 04:24 PM »
Sodus had alot of snow this morning. I was there at 6:30 and they where just beginning to plow and it was still coming down. I didn't fish. I would say they got 8+inches of lake effect. i am sure it setted some by now.

Weird I only.got like 3 inches in Williamson
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #247 on: Feb 20, 2020, 05:48 PM »
badbrat your fishin with us sat

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #248 on: Feb 20, 2020, 05:54 PM »
badbrat your fishin with us sat

YA OLD FART where we fishing saturday I'm suppose to fish sodus tournament

Offline Zcasey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #249 on: Feb 21, 2020, 05:03 AM »
Getting out to sodus for first time tomorrow. Any access spot reccomendations?

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #250 on: Feb 21, 2020, 05:30 AM »
Getting out to sodus for first time tomorrow. Any access spot reccomendations?
Yea here’s the recommendation don’t go tomorrow unless your partaking in the local 86 derby. Parking will be horrible and travel is very sketchy for long distances on the bay this year
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #251 on: Feb 21, 2020, 07:39 AM »
Try parking along Shaker Creek Road (known as 3rd Creek access spot). It will be busy so go real early or mid day and spots may open up. Stay on the paths that have been traveled by others. Get to 20 to 25 feet of water and start searching for fish. Wear "ice picks" and bring a spud bar to check the ice as you go.

Offline snow snake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #252 on: Feb 22, 2020, 01:07 PM »
I fished at bay bridge south end
nice day out sunny 7-12
4 nice 10 in perch  two huge,  large mouth app 4lbs one 20 in long
fun on jig rod
no pike on tip ups
snowsnake

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #253 on: Feb 22, 2020, 08:03 PM »
Fished 2day with my buddy old pail john we did well ended up with 31 between the 2 of us. 14 fow 3rd creek no a single sole near us

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #254 on: Feb 22, 2020, 08:41 PM »
badbrat nice  :thumbsup: i pounded bluegills

Offline snow snake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #255 on: Feb 24, 2020, 04:01 PM »
well i ate a few my catch today , perch
i even did 4 the old fashion way scaled ,
i scale them in sink filled with cold water keeps scales for flying all over
deep fried peanut oil  bread crumbs mixed with Zatarrains
man they were good nice
snowsnake

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #256 on: Feb 24, 2020, 06:58 PM »
badbrat nice  :thumbsup: i pounded bluegills

Yea you said I was fishing with you guys then never told me where

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #257 on: Feb 25, 2020, 10:28 AM »
snowsnake that sounds good!my mom never had us filet fish long time ago we"d head them gut and scale and she"d fry them....awesome
and because for some reason cant filet a bluegill to save my life i will keep some and scale leave whole and smoke

Offline CW88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #258 on: Feb 25, 2020, 03:16 PM »
Just a heads up the speigle drive access is not safe on account of the neighbor having a bubbler in. One of the guys I work with warned me today about it. He went and pounded on the door but the owner wouldnt come out.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #259 on: Feb 25, 2020, 04:10 PM »
Just a heads up the speigle drive access is not safe on account of the neighbor having a bubbler in. One of the guys I work with warned me today about it. He went and pounded on the door but the owner wouldnt come out.

It's been bad all year and it's that guys right as he owns the dock and house

Offline CW88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #260 on: Feb 25, 2020, 06:10 PM »
It's his right to make the ice unsafe for fellow people who would like to enjoy it huh? Those things should be outlawed no one owns the water it's there for all of us to enjoy and use responsibly.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #261 on: Feb 25, 2020, 06:15 PM »
It's his right to make the ice unsafe for fellow people who would like to enjoy it huh? Those things should be outlawed no one owns the water it's there for all of us to enjoy and use responsibly.

Your correct for all.of us to enjoy hes enjoying the open water. I'm not saying hes right but who's to say people that where parking and accessing there weren't leaving trash that ends ups in his yard so.he made it so he doesn't have to deal with it. Sorry I see both sides as I'm always picking up trash

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #262 on: Feb 25, 2020, 07:41 PM »
he as every right to have a bubbler and pounding on his door harrassing him is a good way to get access denied and end up in jail .....bubblers protect docks from ice damage

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #263 on: Feb 26, 2020, 05:40 AM »
Last time I was down there there was no lights or sign indicating the butler. He doesn’t have the right to do what he is doing neither. He has the bubbler aimed down the shore line away from his dock, if it were under the end aiming up we would still be able to access. The state I hear has already talked to him. Not to mention it’s a designated state parking lot, and I believe fishing access.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline icefishermanny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #264 on: Feb 26, 2020, 06:09 AM »
How’s the ice on the south end?
icefisherman

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #265 on: Feb 26, 2020, 06:16 AM »
simple youthink the man is  in the wrong call the DEC .......let us know how that works out for you

Ice eaters and bubblers help protect docks, piers and boathouses from ice damage during the winter by disturbing the formation of ice. According to the state Department of Environmental Conservation, there are no rules pertaining to the use of any kind of ice-eating machine on any public lake in New York.Feb 12, 2010

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #266 on: Feb 26, 2020, 09:00 AM »
Perhaps it could have been the 50+ cars parked there up and down his street, and in front of his driveway. I have spoken with the guy several times over the years. He goes out and fishes through the ice as well. A few years ago when Sodus Bay turned into a complete zoo,people were blocking his driveway, and several others around that area.

Speigel Drive was one of my most favorite places to access the ice, and not many folks other than locals knew about it....social media and the bait shops would flood people there like crazy.

Do I miss getting on the ice there? Hell yea I do.

But I'm on his side due to all the idiots ruining opportunities like this and the loop at maiden Lane in the point.

If people keep the shenanigans up, we will lose a couple more spots too.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline Jigemup247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #267 on: Feb 26, 2020, 10:28 AM »
Has anyone been out recently from 3rd creek lately. Just wondering how the ice conditions are. Thank you in advance

Offline LP Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #268 on: Feb 26, 2020, 11:37 AM »
Going back to having a hard time getting big perch, don't forget that only about 1/10th of that bay is fished probably less. They're in there. Good luck if you get out!

Offline LipRipper75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #269 on: Feb 28, 2020, 10:03 AM »
Was wondering if the ice conditions out of the third creek area are safe for snowmobiles?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.