New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sodus Bay BS Thread  (Read 47632 times)

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
Re: Sodus Bay BS Thread
« Reply #210 on: Feb 12, 2020, 03:51 PM »
Headed out tomorrow to catch a mess of them mini stripers. Has anyone found a decent gill bite on the bay this year? No one I have talked to had more then 4/5 in a day. Don’t normally target them lil guys but I could go to put a bag or 2 in the freezer.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #211 on: Feb 12, 2020, 03:55 PM »
Headed out tomorrow to catch a mess of them mini stripers. Has anyone found a decent gill bite on the bay this year? No one I have talked to had more then 4/5 in a day. Don’t normally target them lil guys but I could go to put a bag or 2 in the freezer.

I would figure the south end near the bait shops would produce some. Or in front of Connelly's area. Let us know how the ice is, I will probably make the trip sunday for some gold! Or gills whichever floats my boat that day
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #212 on: Feb 12, 2020, 04:48 PM »
back side of  leroy island

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #213 on: Feb 12, 2020, 04:57 PM »
Bait shops is off right now I was thinking Conley’s maybe pork barrel area. As for Leroy it’s been real tough this year with the extra channel up there and access is getting worse and worse up there. They even trying to block off the stairs as of last year. I think I’m gonna hit the perchin grounds deeper and then head for Conley’s to try some gills. Thanks all. As for ice conditions my report I was given today was 8” total 5-6” good ice slush layer then 1” or so of crap ice on top. Will let y’all know my actual findings tomorrow. As par for this year I can still say stay away from the west side of eagle island, has not been good all year another product of that extra channel.
Perchin
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #214 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:26 PM »
I feel the need for perch this weekend lol I've been out on the ice 2 times this season and not once on sodus. So hopefully klino will point me to the promised Land  ;D
Yeah should probably fish with his daughter, she catches em all  ;D

Good luck with that he couldn't catch a fish at bass pros pond. LOL

Listen guys, the funniest part is y'all are just jealous that my 4yo daughter can catch bigguns that are bigger than what you can catch. She is an ice fishing maniac like her sisters are.

That said, I've been super busy at work and at home, not sure if I'm going to even be able to get out Saturday or Sunday... Then Monday it's back on the over time train.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #215 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:36 PM »
Listen guys, the funniest part is y'all are just jealous that my 4yo daughter can catch bigguns that are bigger than what you can catch. She is an ice fishing maniac like her sisters are.

That said, I've been super busy at work and at home, not sure if I'm going to even be able to get out Saturday or Sunday... Then Monday it's back on the over time train.

It's ok buddy we know that she shows you the spots then makes you set up all the equipment so that she can fish lmfao
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #216 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:40 PM »
Klino your daughter may want to start a guide service, she has proven that she can beat the big boys and now has a fan club to boot! lol
"Can't catch'em if you are on the couch!"

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #217 on: Feb 12, 2020, 06:45 PM »

It's ok buddy we know that she shows you the spots then makes you set up all the equipment so that she can fish lmfao

She is a beast. She was pulling the shanty by herself with that snow/slush mix that was on the bay 2weekends ago. She got mad when I tried to help her.

Klino your daughter may want to start a guide service, she has proven that she can beat the big boys and now has a fan club to boot! lol

Alfed- she has had a "following" since she was 2 when she started ice fishing. I even took her out for an afternoon gun hunt on one of the afternoons when it wasn't too cold for her.

She is in love with running 5k road races too. You should see some of the grown adults she cruises past in the race 🤪

On a side note, I could use her as a marketing tool for my guide business.....could you imagine this Moto:

"Catch'um with Klino" guide service.... Home of the 4 year old that out fishes her Daddy Everytime.

On A serious note... I really enjoy fishing with my daughters more than I like fishing by myself.... I get more excitement out of them catching fish, and being self sufficient, and getting better each time out.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #218 on: Feb 12, 2020, 06:57 PM »
klino i  tip my hat to ya ...your a great dad ^5

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #219 on: Feb 12, 2020, 07:06 PM »
klino i  tip my hat to ya ...your a great dad ^5

That he is and hes a good guy to my fishing partner and I meet him when he was out with the fish master aka "T" his daughter when she was just 2 we ran into him on out way in and showed her our fish she was super excited shes been on the ice ever since
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #220 on: Feb 12, 2020, 07:56 PM »

Alfed- she has had a "following" since she was 2 when she started ice fishing. I even took her out for an afternoon gun hunt on one of the afternoons when it wasn't too cold for her.

She is in love with running 5k road races too. You should see some of the grown adults she cruises past in the race 🤪

On a side note, I could use her as a marketing tool for my guide business.....could you imagine this Moto:

"Catch'um with Klino" guide service.... Home of the 4 year old that out fishes her Daddy Everytime.

On A serious note... I really enjoy fishing with my daughters more than I like fishing by myself.... I get more excitement out of them catching fish, and being self sufficient, and getting better each time out.
[/quote] nothing like taking a kid fishing and seeing their eyes light up when they are catching fish. At that point you planted a seed. In your case you got a monster now. Lol

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #221 on: Feb 13, 2020, 09:07 AM »

That he is and hes a good guy to my fishing partner and I meet him when he was out with the fish master aka "T" his daughter when she was just 2 we ran into him on out way in and showed her our fish she was super excited shes been on the ice ever since

That's right man, that's how it all started. We fished for less than 40 minutes that day, same songs together, and caught dink perch to get her feet wet. Took me 4 times longer to get her stuff packed and my ice stuff packed.... She was potty training at the time too which made it super challenging.... But now she loves it.

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #222 on: Feb 13, 2020, 09:11 AM »
[quote author=alfed link=topic=367683.msg4070329#msg4070329 date=15815590
 nothing like taking a kid fishing and seeing their eyes light up when they are catching fish. At that point you planted a seed. In your case you got a monster now. Lol
[/quote]

Yes, T as she is frequently referred to, is a monster. She helps with house projects, nails all of her memory verses at church each week, and loves to be outside. She is always full of energy, and loves to help out and be a part of everything that is going on. I don't care who catches all the fish, long as the freezer gets stocked 🤪🤪

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #223 on: Feb 13, 2020, 01:50 PM »
That's right man, that's how it all started. We fished for less than 40 minutes that day, same songs together, and caught dink perch to get her feet wet. Took me 4 times longer to get her stuff packed and my ice stuff packed.... She was potty training at the time too which made it super challenging.... But now she loves it.

Yea man I wont forget you had her potty seat in the sled that day lol

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #224 on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:11 PM »
So we seemed to have missed most of the snow here in Irondequoit so far.  Hoping the same can be said for Sodus.  Temps are already dropping and hoping everything tightens up and maybe even adds to our good ice thickness.  Looking to get out again Saturday.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #225 on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:19 PM »
So we seemed to have missed most of the snow here in Irondequoit so far.  Hoping the same can be said for Sodus.  Temps are already dropping and hoping everything tightens up and maybe even adds to our good ice thickness.  Looking to get out again Saturday.

I fished today and found very little or mo snow on most of the bay and here I'm williamson it was snowing but right now we have maybe a trace with the temps falling should be good and hardened up by the morning

Offline CW88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #226 on: Feb 13, 2020, 08:19 PM »
Howed you do I've been out on sodus 2x and couldnt manage to get enough for a meal last year was muchhhh betterr

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #227 on: Feb 13, 2020, 08:46 PM »
Howed you do I've been out on sodus 2x and couldnt manage to get enough for a meal last year was muchhhh betterr

I did alright enough for a meal but got to move to find them

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #228 on: Feb 14, 2020, 06:39 AM »
I did alright enough for a meal but got to move to find them
Yep, stay away from the shanty towns and keep moving until you land on them. Having said that the bite has been finicky and very light. Good luck

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #229 on: Feb 14, 2020, 06:43 AM »
Yep, stay away from the shanty towns and keep moving until you land on them. Having said that the bite has been finicky and very light. Good luck

Yes very lite bite.

Offline sodussut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #230 on: Feb 14, 2020, 09:00 AM »
Some things don't change!

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #231 on: Feb 15, 2020, 11:34 AM »
Gonna try in the morning for some gold. First time on sodus this season definitely a first for me!
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #232 on: Feb 15, 2020, 01:40 PM »
Gonna try in the morning for some gold. First time on sodus this season definitely a first for me!
Good luck tomorrow a buddy said it was on fire today.

Perchin
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #233 on: Feb 15, 2020, 01:55 PM »
Same old areas too Tee bug.  Let me know how you do and how the drag is tomorrow.
Good luck

Offline CW88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #234 on: Feb 16, 2020, 02:20 PM »
Well how was it today thinking about taking my 7 year old out for her first ice fishing trip tomorrow afternoon hoping the bites picked up.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #235 on: Feb 17, 2020, 01:13 PM »
So I know nice fish are hard to  come by this year. I'm going to put it this way no all the bug fish haven't been caught. Yes 100+ guys out everyday has put a hurting on the population as to why it's not all slobs and we have to weed the dinks again. But remember those small fish we are throwing back is out future. Also with the ice coming on so late this year I personally think that has alot to do with the rough fishing

Offline CW88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #236 on: Feb 18, 2020, 07:37 AM »
Yeah your probably right our "FIRST ICE" was really late and it probably doesnt help that it's been the best pike fishing in 20 years according to Davenport he said they are absolutly killing the pike this year.

Offline snow snake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #237 on: Feb 18, 2020, 07:05 PM »
i agree that the pike fishing has been good this year
its been quite awhile ,in the past not too many were caught
i don't mind fishing for them, catch,filet,enjoy ! good eating tasty
people don't fish for them due to bones
snowsnake

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #238 on: Feb 18, 2020, 07:20 PM »
i agree that the pike fishing has been good this year
its been quite awhile ,in the past not too many were caught
i don't mind fishing for them, catch,filet,enjoy ! good eating tasty
people don't fish for them due to bones
Only reason I don’t fish for them is cuz of filleting them. They are tasty lil buggers.
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline wnyicer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #239 on: Feb 19, 2020, 07:32 AM »
Check out a few you tube tutorials on filleting Pike. They are not too bad once you get the hang of it and you get plenty of meat of them. And I'll second that they are tasty. Nice white flakey meat love em on the grill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.