New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346761 times)

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #11640 on: Feb 04, 2022, 07:50 PM »
Your inbox is full. You wanna correct people.and leave your pompous remarks like a big shot and then when someone comes back at you, you PM them telling them not to be "but hurt"? How about don't feel the need to be such a know it all. Actually add something to the page rather then turn it into the clubhouse it's become.

Boys Boys Boys.  The king is a place of friendship and good vibes.  If you insist on fighting take it to brant lake (I hear the crappies are biting nonstop up there anyway)
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11641 on: Feb 04, 2022, 07:53 PM »
I was cranky and bored this morning. Iv lost interest now.  ;D

Fishmon

« Reply #11642 on: Feb 04, 2022, 07:57 PM »
This used to be an ice fishing site.

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11643 on: Feb 04, 2022, 07:59 PM »
This used to be an ice fishing site.

Fun fact

So did brazzers

Offline adkoutdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11644 on: Feb 04, 2022, 08:34 PM »
Any word from silver Bay Area?
8 inches of slush and water on top of the ice. Good luck trying to fish it, it’s the same as Hague

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11645 on: Feb 04, 2022, 08:55 PM »
Is there snow on top of the slush and water? If not I bet it's locked Sunday morning.

Offline adkoutdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11646 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:06 PM »
Is there snow on top of the slush and water? If not I bet it's locked Sunday morning.
Yes, there’s about 4 inches of snow on top of the slush and water on the North Basin. Not good at all, there was water up to the top of the foot of my boot with an additional 4 inches of snow. Might be on hold for the next week or two. I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but I don’t want other to make the same mistake I did and drive up there just to turn around and go home.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11647 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:12 PM »
Good call. Let's hope it tightens up sooner rather than later. Other places to explore. Maybe a road trip to caumont Bay in my near future!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11648 on: Feb 05, 2022, 05:23 AM »
Didn’t spud but walked out to the ridge through the slush and put my foot on it and my foot went through the ice. Immediately turned around and went home. It would’ve been miserable fishing in the slush even if I did make it past the ridge.
A spud and rubber boots and your fishing all day, spud is the most valuable tool by the time you get chance to dip your toes in the water to see what’s up there goes the rest of your body weight! Glad your Safe but safe and common sense do go hand in hand

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11649 on: Feb 05, 2022, 05:26 AM »
Your inbox is full. You wanna correct people.and leave your pompous remarks like a big shot and then when someone comes back at you, you PM them telling them not to be "but hurt"? How about don't feel the need to be such a know it all. Actually add something to the page rather then turn it into the clubhouse it's become.

Why are you so mad over this? That ridge or crack will swallow you up whole equally as fast when it comes down to it

Offline HairyBagpipes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Crappie make me happy
« Reply #11650 on: Feb 05, 2022, 06:29 AM »
Why are you so mad over this? That ridge or crack will swallow you up whole equally as fast when it comes down to it

“If Lake George chooses you, you have no choice”.  - Abraham Lincoln
If you need me, I’ll be ripping Crappie lips on Brant Lake.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11651 on: Feb 05, 2022, 07:40 AM »

I don't get it. Dude leaves the first comment " we're calling ridges cracks now" which was nothing more then him being a known it all, So I defend my comment and he starts leaving backhanded comments trying to stir a pot. Then send me a pm telling me not to be burt hurt. So he can say whatever he wants and as soon as I defend my self I'm the problem. How about this, I simply don't like the dude. Been watching his posts for a couple years now. Uses this site as platform to brag and act like a big shot. Believe me I'm not mad. Just not about to sit back and have someone leaving backhanded comments to one of mine and not defend my self.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11652 on: Feb 05, 2022, 07:42 AM »
He doesnt like people who catch more than him Dylan.  Especially guys that spend 3939294 hours on that lake while sarcastically saying they hate it.

Ha! Iv been fishing that lake for 32 years and spend plenty of time there. I just don't need to come on ice shanty and brag about my catches.   

Offline Hookset

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't eat the yellow snow!
« Reply #11653 on: Feb 05, 2022, 10:23 AM »
Hey guys. A friend of mine recently purchased a camp in Diamond Point. I've lived in Saratoga most of my life but I've always avoided LG (too many cidiots (idiots from NYC), launch fees, crowds, etc. Not my cup of tea). However, his new purchase will have me on the ice next week.
Anyway, I frequently hear many of the bays labeled as perch bays or laker bays. Doesn't a perch bay turn into a laker bay just by moving to deeper water? He has waterfront access so we can jump right on from his dock. I'm just wondering if our access area is a perch haven or laker stronghold.
We don't own nature, nature owns us.

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11654 on: Feb 05, 2022, 11:38 AM »
I don't get it. Dude leaves the first comment " we're calling ridges cracks now" which was nothing more then him being a known it all, So I defend my comment and he starts leaving backhanded comments trying to stir a pot. Then send me a pm telling me not to be burt hurt. So he can say whatever he wants and as soon as I defend my self I'm the problem. How about this, I simply don't like the dude. Been watching his posts for a couple years now. Uses this site as platform to brag and act like a big shot. Believe me I'm not mad. Just not about to sit back and have someone leaving backhanded comments to one of mine and not defend my self.

My uncles third wife left him because someone on ice shanty made him look like a punk. 

He didn't stand up for himself and he lost everything

Take a stand before it's too late

Offline HairyBagpipes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Crappie make me happy
« Reply #11655 on: Feb 05, 2022, 12:41 PM »

“If one cannot defend themselves in a online forum, what liberties have we left?” - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11656 on: Feb 05, 2022, 01:03 PM »

Truth.

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11657 on: Feb 05, 2022, 01:18 PM »
Hey guys. A friend of mine recently purchased a camp in Diamond Point. I've lived in Saratoga most of my life but I've always avoided LG (too many cidiots (idiots from NYC), launch fees, crowds, etc. Not my cup of tea). However, his new purchase will have me on the ice next week.
Anyway, I frequently hear many of the bays labeled as perch bays or laker bays. Doesn't a perch bay turn into a laker bay just by moving to deeper water? He has waterfront access so we can jump right on from his dock. I'm just wondering if our access area is a perch haven or laker stronghold.
       You can get to both, pretty easily from there....bigger lakers come in feeding on perch....

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11658 on: Feb 05, 2022, 03:11 PM »

Were you out there? They were cracks, not ridges. Are we only coming on the lake george page to talk about how well we're doing on other lakes and how much we don't want to fish lake george anymore? Or just to tonleave your arrogant comments?
Lol it's funny you say that. I'm not into online drama but agree with all your post on this particular situation. I was going to post something similar. Like ok dude..we get it..You found new place to fish and you are catching bigger lakers. Ok cool story. We get it. Dude bragged about LG for years now needs to tell everyone he moved on and LG sucks. This site cracks me up.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11659 on: Feb 05, 2022, 04:50 PM »
Lol it's funny you say that. I'm not into online drama but agree with all your post on this particular situation. I was going to post something similar. Like ok dude..we get it..You found new place to fish and you are catching bigger lakers. Ok cool story. We get it. Dude bragged about LG for years now needs to tell everyone he moved on and LG sucks. This site cracks me up.

More truth.

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11660 on: Feb 05, 2022, 05:43 PM »
More truth.

All of this fighting over lakers.  I haven't like the lakers since kobe ran Shaq out of town.  Besides I stopped watching that bs once Obama let kaepernick kneel for the anthem.  Bunch of liberal bull

Unlike brant lake.  That is full of 18 inch black crappies and American values

Offline liquidonyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11661 on: Feb 05, 2022, 05:54 PM »
Planned on fishing Million dollar beach tomorrow. Never been there before, is there any impact from the winter carnival?

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11662 on: Feb 05, 2022, 08:18 PM »

All of this fighting over lakers.  I haven't like the lakers since kobe ran Shaq out of town.  Besides I stopped watching that bs once Obama let kaepernick kneel for the anthem.  Bunch of liberal bull

Unlike brant lake.  That is full of 18 inch black crappies and American values

Brant lake isn’t the only one with 18” crappie.

Offline liquidonyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11663 on: Feb 05, 2022, 08:32 PM »
Nice fish!

Offline HairyBagpipes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Crappie make me happy
« Reply #11664 on: Feb 05, 2022, 10:27 PM »
Nice fish!

Looks small compared to the slabs we’ve been pulling out just off Jimbo’s.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11665 on: Feb 06, 2022, 05:13 AM »

Nice trout smokin is that a laker?

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11666 on: Feb 06, 2022, 09:53 AM »
Looks small compared to the slabs we’ve been pulling out just off Jimbo’s.

A nearly 3lb crappie is 17.75-18”.

Post pic of said crappie that make 16-18” crappie look small.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11667 on: Feb 06, 2022, 09:53 AM »

Brookie

Offline Adkslabslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11668 on: Feb 06, 2022, 10:25 AM »
Planned on fishing Million dollar beach tomorrow. Never been there before, is there any impact from the winter carnival?
weekends are busy try to hit it midweek to avoid the crowds

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11669 on: Feb 06, 2022, 10:42 AM »

He used me as an excuse to brag about his crappies.  I'd hate the guy but he takes his kids fishing a lot which is never bad.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.