New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346758 times)

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #11190 on: Feb 08, 2021, 12:16 PM »
Ugh I should have put a disclaimer about that in my last post.  Laws aside.  I knew someone would bring up the law....wasn't my point but thanks for stating the painfully obvious.  Also NY was (and maybe this has since changed) one of the few states where you could drop your plow on a public road....again wasn't the point of my post.  I'm not sure the plowing police would get anyone for lending a hand.  In the meantime I'll just listen to more trucks hit the trees.
Heh, I heard a commotion yesterday morning off in the distance while I was fishing, but didn't think much of it. Turned out someone had slid cross a T intersection and wiped out a mailbox and small tree with an SUV a few hundred yards from where I was fishing. Drove past the wreck with a county sheriff car, and tow truck sitting beside it on my way home.

They don't allow private plowing of public roads here, either, unless they are contracted by the county or township, so most of the country roads are absolute trash anytime we get a significant snowfall until the county gets to them. They have 2 or 3 plows to cover about 1100sq miles.... sooo, yeah 😐

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11191 on: Feb 08, 2021, 12:24 PM »
not the police.... the guy with the lawyer willing to sue anyone for anything....

Right so when that loser slides and hits a tree in hearthstone who is he going after?  Then you can fully expect a closed gate...

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11192 on: Feb 08, 2021, 02:52 PM »
not the police.... the guy with the lawyer willing to sue anyone for anything....

Exactly...

Lowaccord decides to put a xv2 on his accord and plow hearthstone. Jimmy bean slides down the hill in his Prius and hits a maple head on. Breaks his back. Jimmy bean is now looking to sue lowaccord and own his accord with the xv2 and his panoptix. This is the real reason why people don’t lend a hand.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11193 on: Feb 08, 2021, 03:05 PM »
You are high SS and to be honest clearly the male version of a Karen. No doubt.  Besides I could handle a law suit or 12.  Why I have multiple panotix...to give away during litigation. 

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11194 on: Feb 08, 2021, 03:15 PM »
Male version of a Karen . .  ::) I'd want your drones too. . You just can't stop lowaccord66  :o

Your mixing me up brother thats full throttle I hate drones and would never use one.  I think he retired from ice fishing to be a commercial drone pilot.

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11195 on: Feb 08, 2021, 03:46 PM »
This place is something different

Good thing you deleted that screen grab or this whole thread would be locked
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11196 on: Feb 08, 2021, 03:48 PM »
Grow up kids would ya.........
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11197 on: Feb 08, 2021, 03:52 PM »
It would be nice if someone with a sander would hit the hill with just sand.  Just saying a helping hand would be a good deed 🤞

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11198 on: Feb 09, 2021, 04:58 AM »
It would be nice if someone with a sander would hit the hill with just sand.  Just saying a helping hand would be a good deed 🤞
                They did yesterday, but snowing today. ::)

IW

Offline NewIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
LAKE GEORGE YouTube Video
« Reply #11199 on: Feb 09, 2021, 05:51 AM »
I thought this video was cool. I was one of the shanties out of Vets park on Sunday. It gives a good look of the ice conditions in the Bolton Landing area as of Sunday, Feb 7.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11200 on: Feb 09, 2021, 06:55 AM »
Thanks for sharing.

So it looks like the water out further was mostly skimmed over?
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: LAKE GEORGE YouTube Video
« Reply #11201 on: Feb 09, 2021, 07:25 AM »
I thought this video was cool. I was one of the shanties out of Vets park on Sunday. It gives a good look of the ice conditions in the Bolton Landing area as of Sunday, Feb 7.

Ice looks great in the main basin ha ha

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11202 on: Feb 09, 2021, 08:08 AM »
Thanks for sharing.

So it looks like the water out further was mostly skimmed over?

Skim maybe.  I wasn't able to get much further than northwest reef. 

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11203 on: Feb 09, 2021, 08:12 AM »
Skim maybe.  I wasn't able to get much further than northwest reef.

skim beats open water  ....  it's closer to freezing  ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline trouter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11204 on: Feb 09, 2021, 08:22 AM »
really liked the video but the fishing still looks scary to me. But then im an old timer.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11205 on: Feb 09, 2021, 09:29 AM »
really liked the video but the fishing still looks scary to me. But then im an old timer.

Last Monday it was scarey your assertion is correct.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11206 on: Feb 09, 2021, 01:11 PM »
I am putting my big boy bibs on and trying The King for the first time this week. I look forward to ruining the average catch of perch by screwing something up!

Then I will be back midweek next week a few times, at which point I hope to be a King expert!

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11207 on: Feb 09, 2021, 01:15 PM »
I was also in one of those shanties Sunday catching squat watching the circus of desperate ice fisherman like myself. Great video that's clear as a bell and a reality check, seems like more ice when you are out there but not from the air.

Offline Laker518

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11208 on: Feb 09, 2021, 01:37 PM »
Any recommendations for easy access to drag my flipover into lake trout waters?  I’ve avoided hearthstone due to my concerns of not make it back up that hill in my SUV.

I’ve typically gone to vets for perch but seems like you gotta take quite a hike to get to laker territory.

Huletts landing or million dollar beach worth checking out? Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

Offline gitthegaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Fish on"
« Reply #11209 on: Feb 09, 2021, 02:12 PM »
 I use to keep a Permanent shanty out of Heart stone, I use to bring 2-3 buckets of sand and sand the Hill, this was in the 80s and 90s , Between myself and the Rabine of Fort Edward we took care of it. Theres so many more guys using this now , I don't understand them not bringing some sand and if a couple guys did this there wouldn't be an issue! Not that difficult!

They had it temporarily closed at one point from ppl getting stuck this year. Hopefully a load of sand gets put down eventually.
Paul

Offline Slowtroller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11210 on: Feb 09, 2021, 04:07 PM »
Any reports on ice thickness at pilot knob.. thanks!!

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #11211 on: Feb 09, 2021, 06:05 PM »
Huletts landing or million dollar beach worth checking out? Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

I fished Pickerel Bay (Washington County Beach) at Huletts Landing today and twice more in the last week.  A perch on every drop.  Problem is, they're four or five inches long -- or less!    :-\    Only caught lake trout one day; none on the other two days, which was a surprise.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11212 on: Feb 09, 2021, 06:23 PM »
Any recommendations for easy access to drag my flipover into lake trout waters?  I’ve avoided hearthstone due to my concerns of not make it back up that hill in my SUV.

I’ve typically gone to vets for perch but seems like you gotta take quite a hike to get to laker territory.

MDB is ok

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11213 on: Feb 09, 2021, 07:59 PM »
Iv got buddies staying around Sabathia day point this weekend who have private access that I unfortunately am not aloud to park at (air b&b rules). Anyone know of any access on that side or if it's safe to walk across from hullets? I saw quads out north of there last weekend but not ready to risk riding my quad down. Pm me if you don't want to air the info.

Offline icebuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11214 on: Feb 10, 2021, 06:13 AM »
Any reports on ice thickness at pilot knob.. thanks!!

Was open water Saturday (Feb. 6). We'll see what he cold does.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11215 on: Feb 10, 2021, 06:28 AM »

No such access with snow on the ice.  It's all a drag.

Offline Slowtroller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11216 on: Feb 10, 2021, 06:42 AM »
Thanks for the reply!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11217 on: Feb 10, 2021, 06:43 AM »
Thanks for the reply!

You're welcome.  If you have a smitty sled you can do just fine.

Offline daytondedrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11218 on: Feb 10, 2021, 07:12 AM »
Step2jimi you can park at the YMCA and walk across. Ice should be fine after this weekend, maybe it is now but I hate to give bad info.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11219 on: Feb 10, 2021, 07:22 AM »
Step2jimi you can park at the YMCA and walk across. Ice should be fine after this weekend, maybe it is now but I hate to give bad info.

Or park at the outlet malls and have your buddies pick you up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.