New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346779 times)

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #9330 on: Feb 03, 2019, 03:38 PM »
Did anyone get out at Pilots Knob? Wondering ice thickness since I am heading up tomorrow and planning to go there, thanks.
6-10 inches, with 3-5 inches of snow on top, a little bit of slush here and there.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9331 on: Feb 03, 2019, 03:44 PM »
Thanks Jon (nice fat one yourself 😊) and Jets!

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9332 on: Feb 03, 2019, 04:16 PM »
6-10 inches, with 3-5 inches of snow on top, a little bit of slush here and there.

Thanks, hope to finally get a laker jigging for the first time tomorrow.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9333 on: Feb 03, 2019, 04:26 PM »
Thanks Jon (nice fat one yourself 😊) and Jets!

You're welcome and crappie instead of football for me.

Offline Fishmarket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9334 on: Feb 03, 2019, 05:05 PM »

Fishmarket/Lowaccord,/ Jagger you guys are making me jealous, I wish I could be out, torn rotator cuff surgery is on Wednesday. :%$#!:

IW

Sorry to hear about the rotator cuff.  Hopefully its a speedy recovery and you make it back on the ice
AM

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9335 on: Feb 03, 2019, 09:24 PM »
Lakers were hitting pretty good today at Huletts today.  Did catch the smallest I've ever caught - 14".  Lots of shorts today, the bigger boys started hitting around 11.  Kept a 25" and a 23" for the frying pan.  Fun to be out again.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline snowlt14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9336 on: Feb 04, 2019, 08:29 AM »
Heading out tomorrow for my first trip on LG. I’m a walker and plan on going out from Vets park and going from there. I usually set tip ups and jig around the area but it seems like most just jig, are the tip ups a waste? I read through a lot of posts on the page which will hopefully help me out. With this warm weather I’ll walk and drag as far as I can before the snow/slush gets to be too much. Any pointers are appreciated.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9337 on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:56 AM »
Heading out tomorrow for my first trip on LG. I’m a walker and plan on going out from Vets park and going from there. I usually set tip ups and jig around the area but it seems like most just jig, are the tip ups a waste? I read through a lot of posts on the page which will hopefully help me out. With this warm weather I’ll walk and drag as far as I can before the snow/slush gets to be too much. Any pointers are appreciated.
If you're a walker. Leaving tipups and bait buckets home will spare you big time with all the snow on the lake.
Vet's is decent if you're looking for cookie cutter 6-8" perch. Prepare to sift through some really small perch to get some worth cleaning. It's a long haul from there to get over good lake trout water.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9338 on: Feb 04, 2019, 10:52 AM »
I can remember my first time out of vets ever...the ridge north of crown tried to eat me! 

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9339 on: Feb 04, 2019, 11:46 AM »
Met up and fished with a couple guys at pilot knob on Saturday and took a loooong walk. Where we were I'd say around 5ish inches of ice. Ended up landing 16 dropped a few missed a few and watched a few chase right up to the hole and not eat. Only drilled one hole all day and had pretty steady action right up until 2 when I had to get home for husband duties. Have to believe if I stayed I could have hit 20 as I left active aggresive fish. I'm not much for taking pictures as I'm usually in a hurry to get them back in and get back after them.  But what a fun day. Gotta take this weekend off but next weekend I'm thinking about spending the night and fishing both days.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9340 on: Feb 04, 2019, 11:57 AM »
Met up and fished with a couple guys at pilot knob on Saturday and took a loooong walk. Where we were I'd say around 5ish inches of ice. Ended up landing 16 dropped a few missed a few and watched a few chase right up to the hole and not eat. Only drilled one hole all day and had pretty steady action right up until 2 when I had to get home for husband duties. Have to believe if I stayed I could have hit 20 as I left active aggresive fish. I'm not much for taking pictures as I'm usually in a hurry to get them back in and get back after them.  But what a fun day. Gotta take this weekend off but next weekend I'm thinking about spending the night and fishing both days.

Good meeting you Adam, great day for you for sure.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9341 on: Feb 04, 2019, 11:58 AM »

How's things been Bill?

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9342 on: Feb 04, 2019, 12:07 PM »
How's things been Bill?

It was slow for us on the other side of the lake.  We couldn't drag to where we wanted to go.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9343 on: Feb 04, 2019, 01:15 PM »
Good meeting you Adam, great day for you for sure.

x 2 Adam! Impressive outing! You and Ship put a dent in the laker Population Saturday! 😃

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9344 on: Feb 04, 2019, 01:26 PM »

Trying to creep to my spot without me, huh? I appreciate the invite text. Lol.

Jk. That’s a great day. Know what I did this weekend with the family? Went and saw dinosaurs in Syracuse lol. I took tomorrow off tho. Gonna load the sled at huddle.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9345 on: Feb 04, 2019, 02:07 PM »
x 2 Adam! Impressive outing! You and Ship put a dent in the laker Population Saturday! 😃

If they dented them....We totalled them!  A screen with 5 to 7 chasers was the norm all day.  Only cost me cleats and a frabil spud bar (out there somewhere, keep it if you find it!)

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9346 on: Feb 04, 2019, 02:41 PM »
If they dented them....We totalled them!  A screen with 5 to 7 chasers was the norm all day.  Only cost me cleats and a frabil spud bar (out there somewhere, keep it if you find it!)

Wowww! That’s nuts! I think we were in the Laker Sleepy Acres Old Age Home! Damn, that had to have been Awesome! 😃

(Glad you weren’t attached to the cleats you Maniac)! 🤣

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9347 on: Feb 04, 2019, 03:40 PM »
If it's below zero those micro spikes suck.  Didn't last more than 5 trips before one broke.

Example of why I love LG!

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9348 on: Feb 04, 2019, 04:41 PM »
Went off Pilots Knob today, about 6" of ice but not much luck.  It is getting pretty slushy with about 2" of slush/water on the ice.

Offline captin bill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9349 on: Feb 05, 2019, 03:00 AM »
Fished vets yesterday 5-6 inches black ice over 70 feet wouldn't cross the watery area to deeper water but didn't have to @) 

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9350 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:04 AM »
Any ideas how much this warmup will affect the ice over deep water by Pilots Knob? Or even elsewhere Southern Basin like off of Hearthstone?

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9351 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:09 AM »
Any ideas how much this warmup will affect the ice over deep water by Pilots Knob? Or even elsewhere Southern Basin like off of Hearthstone?

Im hoping it knocks the snow down!! Teens tonight. With freezing rain and a mix coming Thursday turning over to plain rain on Thursday night then teens Saturday morning and near 0° Sunday morning. Im planning on going Sunday and betting the walking conditions will be great lets hope not to much wind with the cold temps
Go big or go home

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9352 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:21 AM »
It likely won't do much but watch out for drain holes and also ridges get a bit worse and or open up a little.

Offline icebuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9353 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Im hoping it knocks the snow down!! Teens tonight. With freezing rain and a mix coming Thursday turning over to plain rain on Thursday night then teens Saturday morning and near 0° Sunday morning. Im planning on going Sunday and betting the walking conditions will be great lets hope not to much wind with the cold temps

Pretty slushy off FA Beach yesterday (Monday), little snow left on the 5-6” of ice. I know it’s going to cool down, but I wonder how much more ice will actually develop this month. There’s no real streaks of frigid weather in the forecast and February tends to have more snow than cold. We’ll see.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9354 on: Feb 05, 2019, 08:06 AM »
Pretty slushy off FA Beach yesterday (Monday), little snow left on the 5-6” of ice. I know it’s going to cool down, but I wonder how much more ice will actually develop this month. There’s no real streaks of frigid weather in the forecast and February tends to have more snow than cold. We’ll see.

Once the lake is locked we do not need frigid temps for the ice to grow. Especially with most or all of the snow being removed from the ice. Anything under 32* will add ice.

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9355 on: Feb 05, 2019, 09:07 AM »
Once the lake is locked we do not need frigid temps for the ice to grow. Especially with most or all of the snow being removed from the ice. Anything under 32* will add ice.

I'm  betting a couple inches are made by Monday with the snow now off the ice

Will also make ice all next week
Go big or go home

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9356 on: Feb 05, 2019, 09:16 AM »

I need frigid temps. 

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9357 on: Feb 05, 2019, 09:45 AM »
I enjoy them too buddy. Just not a requirement

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9358 on: Feb 05, 2019, 09:45 AM »
I need frigid temps.

Going down to mid to upper teens tonight Jon.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9359 on: Feb 05, 2019, 09:57 AM »
Going down to mid to upper teens tonight Jon.

I like that Bill.  Granted I won't see LG until 23 Feb.  The Lakers get a long break! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.