New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346747 times)

Offline nitro09

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #8310 on: Feb 03, 2018, 03:36 PM »
Seriously my buddy's uncle said he was out there last weekend huh that's guys
I drove back to check it today around 2. 1 guy was just leaving.  It looked like
there’s been a some people fishing it. It was froze well past perch island looked sketchy out further. Definitely tracks walking out onto ice ice. I didn’t walk out all the way. Maybe halfway to perch. I think I’ll hit it next weekend.

Offline Hardwaterlipn147

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8311 on: Feb 03, 2018, 08:34 PM »
Thanks nitro
weekend hooker!

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8312 on: Feb 04, 2018, 04:13 AM »
Wanted to say thank you to prchslyr and his crew for pushing my buddies pos almost new wheeler back onto his truck this morning. Apreciate it Jamey  :thumbsup:
Pleasure to finally meet you man and don't mention it. You thanked me when you spoonfed us that perch action out there.
The old dude I was with was hell bent on fishing lake trout. I didn't want to be far from perch so I set us up where I did. Sure as heck... We ended up flopping 7 trout where I put my ice anchors (tipups) out. I was on your perch before you were off the ice.  :P
Jake was in your area a total of 3 minutes before he was fighting another trout on the perch rod, but they put 50 in the bucket in a hurry.
Don had some of your buddies plastics out there that came in clutch! He makes a great product man.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline nitro09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8313 on: Feb 04, 2018, 05:56 AM »
Thanks nitro

this wind could kill it, I hope not. If so back to huddle again

Offline Hardwaterlipn147

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8314 on: Feb 04, 2018, 06:15 AM »
On my way up there now I will post conditions tonight
weekend hooker!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8315 on: Feb 04, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Weird day yesterday....some suicidal fish others very picky.  Lots and lots of short hits.  Went 14 for 25...lost quite a few pull the ducer...need to rectify that next trip.  Did not see clipboardman this trip, I think he was at a chowder fest....

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8316 on: Feb 04, 2018, 06:48 AM »
Weird day yesterday....some suicidal fish others very picky.  Lots and lots of short hits.  Went 14 for 25...lost quite a few pull the ducer...need to rectify that next trip.  Did not see clipboardman this trip, I think he was at a chowder fest....

Clipboard man loves him some chowder. ;)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8317 on: Feb 04, 2018, 06:59 AM »
Clipboard man loves him some chowder. ;)

Apparently more than catching lakers with all of his buddies.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8318 on: Feb 04, 2018, 09:08 AM »
Apparently more than catching lakers with all of his buddies.

Sadly so.  ::)

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8319 on: Feb 04, 2018, 09:24 AM »
Hey lay off clipboard man.  I've let my feelings be known for him.  Everyone needs chowdah.
I love clipboard man

Offline Hardwaterlipn147

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8320 on: Feb 04, 2018, 01:54 PM »
Just got back for lg fished by perch island a good 8 inches did not venture past the island much but can see open water 300 yards out. Crazy day out even the fish didn't want to come out of the water. Oh well that's the name of the game.
weekend hooker!

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8321 on: Feb 04, 2018, 03:57 PM »
Fished off Vets with my son and his friend. 32 fow. Marked percg but no takers. The wind was brutal ...wasn’t very fun. Fished off heartstone yesterday...used pk, buckshot, pearl white Swedish pimple with no succes. I marked them but again no takers.  Little frustrated with the king this weekend.

Offline nitro09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8322 on: Feb 04, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Just got back for lg fished by perch island a good 8 inches did not venture past the island much but can see open water 300 yards out. Crazy day out even the fish didn't want to come out of the water. Oh well that's the name of the game.

Looks like the ice ends where it drops off deep. 100 or2 yards outside the humps

Offline Hardwaterlipn147

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8323 on: Feb 04, 2018, 07:13 PM »
Yea my buddy's fish there and they said the same thing but have caught lakers just on the west side of perch island surprisingly there were a good amount of people out there today the walk back up the trail sucked though all ice and oh yea it's a hill lol all good though hopefully wind doesn't hurt that ice to much
weekend hooker!

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8324 on: Feb 04, 2018, 07:58 PM »
Pleasure to finally meet you man and don't mention it. You thanked me when you spoonfed us that perch action out there.
The old dude I was with was hell bent on fishing lake trout. I didn't want to be far from perch so I set us up where I did. Sure as heck... We ended up flopping 7 trout where I put my ice anchors (tipups) out. I was on your perch before you were off the ice.  :P
Jake was in your area a total of 3 minutes before he was fighting another trout on the perch rod, but they put 50 in the bucket in a hurry.
Don had some of your buddies plastics out there that came in clutch! He makes a great product man.
Sounds like Jake is a trout magnet, I didn't see any while I was reeling in perch. Glad they were still biting for you...and yes Scott makes some nice plastics!

Offline nitro09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8325 on: Feb 05, 2018, 04:19 AM »
Yea my buddy's fish there and they said the same thing but have caught lakers just on the west side of perch island surprisingly there were a good amount of people out there today the walk back up the trail sucked though all ice and oh yea it's a hill lol all good though hopefully wind doesn't hurt

that ice to much

Yea it’s a ice slide. I go in from the next parking area north, go past 5 there’s a trail on the left and 100 yards or so you can park on the side of the road. Drop your stuff then walk back to it. Much easier walk.

Offline Randy218

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8326 on: Feb 05, 2018, 05:37 AM »
A friend and I are heading to Lake George tomorrow morning for lakers. For lack of knowledge as far as access we are thinking of just walking out from million dollar beach. From contour maps it looks like the walk to deeper water isn’t too crazy. But are there any problematic areas down that way to steer clear of?

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8327 on: Feb 05, 2018, 06:24 AM »
A friend and I are heading to Lake George tomorrow morning for lakers. For lack of knowledge as far as access we are thinking of just walking out from million dollar beach. From contour maps it looks like the walk to deeper water isn’t too crazy. But are there any problematic areas down that way to steer clear of?
There's a foot of ice in most of that area.
Just take note of the steamboats and the outlet of West brook and steer clear of it.
I'd imagine there are some decent drifts on that end. I'd pack light and hope to catch a well beaten trail on the way out.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8328 on: Feb 05, 2018, 06:38 AM »
I was thanking my lucky stars for GPS and Navionics while trying to find my way back to Hearthstone yesterday.
Learned a bit about myself and the lake trying to navigate X  ;) miles in whiteout conditions.
I didn't get nervous until I realized my phone didn't have enough battery to navigate me to the buddy I had to return to retrieve.
I'm just here to share the endless rookie mistakes so others might avoid them.  :P

Note: Put the shanty in the back of the truck first on it's end. Pinch the shanty in with the 4 wheeler. No strap needed and she won't fly away. Nice $350 lesson for the week.

Also. I helped a gentleman and young boy push a Nissan (I think) up the hill. You left a snowboard behind. It's against a picnic table down there. Props to the young man for a good piece of driving.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8329 on: Feb 05, 2018, 07:07 AM »
How much snow did you guys get out there

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8330 on: Feb 05, 2018, 07:24 AM »
How much snow did you guys get out there
about a 1' but depends where ur at, some places got up to 2'. It is very lite and fluffy hope the wind helps us out a bit

Offline pikeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8331 on: Feb 05, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Would anyone mind sharing where I may be able to park to get out for lakers tmrw thats normally plowed? I normally do hearthstone but assuming that won't be really accessible w the snow. Just trying to prevent myself from making the drive if I can't find somewheres to really park. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8332 on: Feb 05, 2018, 05:11 PM »
Are you walking or have something to ride out on ?

Offline pikeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8333 on: Feb 05, 2018, 05:19 PM »
I'll be walking,just w the shanty and jig poles. So I don't mind going up to 1/2 mile walk really

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8334 on: Feb 05, 2018, 05:53 PM »
I always park at million dollar beach but it’s about 2 miles to deep water. I think you can park at diamond beach ( I could be wrong on the name ). Weekend parking is hard

Offline Hardwaterlipn147

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8335 on: Feb 06, 2018, 07:22 PM »
Ice at vets still good for wheelers to go out on? The drag in the snow is gunna suck if not
weekend hooker!

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #8336 on: Feb 07, 2018, 09:29 AM »
jw...anyone charitable enough to plow Hearthstone tomorrow? ??? ;D Hoping to go up Thursday.

As if Hearthstone wasn't bad enough a couple weeks ago with the ice now parking is going to be very limited again with all the snow >:(   

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8337 on: Feb 07, 2018, 10:24 AM »
You said it slipbob.  Someone crashed Saturday and the sheriff was there.  Snow on ice sucks even worse.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8338 on: Feb 07, 2018, 10:35 AM »
It could be plowed.  When I was heading off the ice at mdb this guys was out on the ice plowing like crazy. It didn’t look like a town truck.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8339 on: Feb 07, 2018, 11:02 AM »
Looks like it’s time to let the Bearcat out of its cage! As you alluded Jon, the foot of powdery snow on the ice was a major PITA to motor through with the ATV on Monday! And for all that aggravation I caught a whopping........1 Fish! 😡
Lol!
MK

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.