New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346726 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #7140 on: Feb 10, 2017, 11:18 AM »
Any ice on The King yet?

3 Posts up...    ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7141 on: Feb 10, 2017, 11:20 AM »
;)  Now you are talking...ain't just big walleyes either  ;D   I'm gonna be all over that place if george deepwater don't get solid quick.   already made one trip out there this year.

Simcoe.....get your damn passport already! 

Offline basshunter12748

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7142 on: Feb 10, 2017, 12:18 PM »
Do you guys think Harris bay off assembly point will be ok this weekend?

JJ

« Reply #7143 on: Feb 10, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Surprisingly, a good chunk of the South Basin skimmed over last night, was colder and the winds were lighter than forecast. There is a big hole east of Diamond Island toward Assembly point; really big opening from Pt. of Tongue almost to Crown Island and another one on the East shore south of the Narrows; looked like a couple small openings south of Dome.

Basin Bay is frozen, pretty beat up chunk ice out more than 50 yds, then I think it's fresh ice. Open area still off the beach at Veteran's coming out from the south.

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7144 on: Feb 10, 2017, 01:34 PM »
3rd  day on the lake 3rd limit of lakers. I think it's going to be a good year of this ice would get situated.

Offline LastCast69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7145 on: Feb 10, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Spudded some bays today around 2pm.  Lots of the southern lake set up with skim, but most is not walkable.  Huddle had some punky ice that was walkable but not strong, maybe after tonight.  Some brave souls and even a few shanties off mdb,  no one made it out too far by the looks of it though, certainly not to typical laker water. 

As for Simcoe, me and a buddy are trucking up there next weekend.  Please Pm any advice!  Have been prepping with some stouter rods, bigger soft plastics, extra flasher batteries etc...

Offline cebzz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7146 on: Feb 11, 2017, 06:18 AM »
theres a bunch of people of mdb. is vetrans park fishable yet

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7147 on: Feb 11, 2017, 08:38 AM »
Say cheese!  ;D

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7148 on: Feb 11, 2017, 09:16 AM »

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7149 on: Feb 11, 2017, 11:28 AM »
Another limit of lakers but  had to get through a lot of dinks.

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7150 on: Feb 11, 2017, 04:17 PM »
Unfortunately the lake is setting up to be a death trap. A lot of the lake skimmed over and then snow on top makes trying to figure out what's good and what is bad very difficult. It would not surprise me to even see people trying to take machines out there. With a lot more snow supposedly coming tomorrow I would be very ,very careful out there.

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7151 on: Feb 11, 2017, 04:20 PM »
Unfortunately the lake is setting up to be a death trap. A lot of the lake skimmed over and then snow on top makes trying to figure out what's good and what is bad very difficult. It would not surprise me to even see people trying to take machines out there. With a lot more snow supposedly coming tomorrow I would be very ,very careful out there.

Couldn't agree more! As someone that's fished 4 out of the last 6 on Lowe George I walked on 1/2" of ice today on accident because I wasn't looking at my gps. The lake is very dangerous right now and will be for a while with this snow coming.

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7152 on: Feb 11, 2017, 04:22 PM »
You know, I'm surprised that they don't put up "thin ice" signs at all the access points for situations like this one.

Offline ziggy6

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7153 on: Feb 11, 2017, 04:28 PM »
Ran into some thin ice today off of MDB..thankfully some young gentlemen indicated to us that the ice was a "bit thin" in the area we were heading...as I poked my spud bar down on my next step  and it went right through..Pucker factor was very high to say the least.   Interesting in some spots 4" and in others less. Not a good situation.

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7154 on: Feb 11, 2017, 04:53 PM »
You know, I'm surprised that they don't put up "thin ice" signs at all the access points for situations like this one.
Who's they?  What's thin?
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7155 on: Feb 11, 2017, 04:59 PM »
I'm amazed at how many "intellectually challenged" people are out there.  No spuds, no ice picks, no float suits, nothing.  People see pics of black ice and think you're crazy going on it.  Put snow on the ice, they go out with no safety precautions. Glad I'm not an EMT or rescue person, going to be rescues soon.  I'm shocked it hasn't happened already. 
I love clipboard man

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7156 on: Feb 11, 2017, 05:33 PM »
Who's they?  What's thin?
The state and town. Someone made a comment about the possibility of snowmobiles trying to ride the lake and being unaware of its conditions. And as Jon just stated about the "intellectually challenged" people.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7157 on: Feb 11, 2017, 05:53 PM »
The state and town. Simone made a comment about the possibility of snowmobiles thing to rife the lake and being unaware of its conditions. And as Jon just stated about the "intellectually challenged" people.

I know what you're saying, but that's the worst thing that could happen.  We don't want government to start deciding when we can and can't ice fish. 
I love clipboard man

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7158 on: Feb 11, 2017, 06:16 PM »
I know what you're saying, but that's the worst thing that could happen.  We don't want government to start deciding when we can and can't ice fish.

Yea that's the last thing we need, it would start with a sign then a gate before long they would be writing tickets.

The ones I feel bad for are the rescue squads. Seeing some of these ignorant people with no clue what they are doing are the ones that are going to risk other people's life. What makes it even more scary is today there was kids running aroun on ice that wasn't there Thursday.

I am one of the nuts that have been fishing it all week and won't step foot on the ice without floating bibs, life jacket a bar and picks.

Offline hairbone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7159 on: Feb 11, 2017, 06:41 PM »
Amazing be that in this day and age we are having to use a spud so late in the season.  Saved my butt this season.  I bought a set of ice pics this year.

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7160 on: Feb 11, 2017, 06:41 PM »
Just a warning sign. Grafton has them and it doesn't stop some. I've been out and the signs were up and it had 7 inches of ice.
The other thing is the skaters, they see people out there and they just skate not knowing what the previous conditions were. I don't know, it was just a thought is all.

JJ

« Reply #7161 on: Feb 11, 2017, 07:04 PM »
Laker bite was good today, especially mid-day with the full moon last night. Here's a couple of the bigger ones, all were released.

Be careful out there, especially if you don't know where you are going. This coming snow is really going to mess things up.

Offline Walleyes killers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7162 on: Feb 11, 2017, 07:10 PM »
Couple of nice lakers there they look healthy

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7163 on: Feb 11, 2017, 07:31 PM »
Way to go Capt.......... :clap:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7164 on: Feb 11, 2017, 08:34 PM »
Beauties JJ! Can always count on you for the quality! Awesome!

MK

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7165 on: Feb 11, 2017, 09:13 PM »
Nice fish Cap! The Land O' Lakers   :bow:

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7166 on: Feb 11, 2017, 10:33 PM »
Nice lakers JJ, glad to see guys are getting out there and being safe about it... cant wait to get out myself
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline Bjigging

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7167 on: Feb 12, 2017, 06:14 AM »
Perch bite is on !!!!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7168 on: Feb 12, 2017, 06:53 AM »
Nice fish JJ good to finally see some pics of fish from lg.

Hope every 1 fishing the king has a great day and every 1 stays safe out there

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7169 on: Feb 12, 2017, 07:59 AM »
Just read in the Post Star Vermont SP's looking for two snowmobilers who they think tried to get across Lake Champlain....found some of the clothes in the water.    Be real careful out there....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.