New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346743 times)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #5760 on: Apr 01, 2015, 05:39 AM »
I dont have a clue im roughly 3hrs away.  If anyone knows anything about how vets is looking that info would be much appreciated.

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5761 on: Apr 01, 2015, 05:43 AM »
I dont have a clue im roughly 3hrs away.  If anyone knows anything about how vets is looking that info would be much appreciated.
I was out there on Sunday with a wheelers and was good but u have to watch out for cracks or u will be swimming I don't know how it is now could be gone

Offline wolfe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5762 on: Apr 01, 2015, 06:03 AM »
Went out of Hearthstone yesterday for the last trip of the season. Walked, but the ATVs were getting on. The ATV access will not last much longer.

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5763 on: Apr 01, 2015, 11:56 AM »
No one saying much about LG I guess everyone  done fishing there

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5764 on: Apr 01, 2015, 02:24 PM »
No one saying much about LG I guess everyone  done fishing there

Im going to stop there Saturday...with waders.

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5765 on: Apr 01, 2015, 02:59 PM »
Actually there are a couple fishing off Paulist Fathers and a couple off Million Dollar Beach as of ten minutes ago.

Offline iceshantyrookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5766 on: Apr 01, 2015, 08:24 PM »
Gonna try to go Sunday... A little nervous but will bring ropes
Actually there are a couple fishing off Paulist Fathers and a couple off Million Dollar Beach as of ten minutes ago.
???

Offline twillingthenoz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5767 on: Apr 02, 2015, 06:57 AM »
I saw some guy over by Diamond Island on LG this morning... IDK though, I think Sunday might have been it for me

Offline diamond jig 86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5768 on: Apr 02, 2015, 09:32 AM »
  I was up on George yesterday wanted to hit silverbay and had to keep going north shore line was pretty much shot from heart stone north vets was a mess can't imagine it's gonna make it threw today

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5769 on: Apr 02, 2015, 09:36 AM »
  I was up on George yesterday wanted to hit silverbay and had to keep going north shore line was pretty much shot from heart stone north vets was a mess can't imagine it's gonna make it threw today

Im going to go by anyways.  I will yak into ice from vets if needed (yes im sick like that)

Offline diamond jig 86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5770 on: Apr 02, 2015, 09:38 AM »
Have fun I'll be crushing the crappies much better fish

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5771 on: Apr 02, 2015, 09:43 AM »

Chances are Ill beat ya to em.

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5772 on: Apr 02, 2015, 10:07 AM »

Chances are Ill beat ya to em.
r they LG crappies if so nice  work there

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5773 on: Apr 02, 2015, 10:25 AM »
There's about 10 vehicles parked down at Hearthstone, so there are a few brave souls out.  Did see a guy wayyyyy out by Diamond. Not sure how its gonna be getting off this afternoon. Good thing the water ain't very deep by the beach...............
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5774 on: Apr 02, 2015, 10:43 AM »
I watched a really good fisherman yanking out smelt by the belly full near West Brook yesterday. Of course I don't think Encon will bother him because it will be tough to ticket him. Those otters are just too good at swimming underwater.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5775 on: Apr 02, 2015, 10:58 AM »
There's about 10 vehicles parked down at Hearthstone, so there are a few brave souls out.  Did see a guy wayyyyy out by Diamond. Not sure how its gonna be getting off this afternoon. Good thing the water ain't very deep by the beach...............

I use floaties on my arms!  Thanks for the update.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5776 on: Apr 02, 2015, 01:15 PM »
I fished out of Vet's this morning.  Access still good, the guy to the left of the ice bridge looks to have turned his bubbler off but the docks to the right have 3 big ones churning.  Only two other guys out, I was amazed.

Ice is still plenty thick once you get out there, top is hard, easy walking.  I caught a meal of nice perch in 35-40 FOW, and caught a very fat 17.5" LMB and a 22" laker.  The laker started coming up from the bottom for my jig as I was letting it down, it was only down about 25'.  I let  him get close and then reeled.  I think lakers must be as stupid as brookies.

Don't know how long the ice bridge will hold up.  It looked solid enough for a 4 wheeler today (not mine, if I had one) but the clock is ticking and the ice eaters are churning.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5777 on: Apr 02, 2015, 01:43 PM »
Awesome update man thanks!  That guy to the left did something smart.  He's got a target on his back for next year though...A letter from my attorney friend explaining his liability should someone fall in because of ice conditions hes creating on a public right of way should end that debacle.  I hope....

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5778 on: Apr 02, 2015, 01:53 PM »
I called the town supervisor of Bolton landing and asked him why the bubblers still on he told me he was going to look into it

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5779 on: Apr 02, 2015, 07:32 PM »
I called the town supervisor of Bolton landing and asked him why the bubblers still on he told me he was going to look into it

Nice!  Thats good hustle. 

Offline jigginjeff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5780 on: Apr 02, 2015, 09:49 PM »
Well i fished out of hearthstone today with the 4 wheeler 12" good ice as of 6:45pm but you can't get on there any more I broke thru on my way off  .You can still go on foot over the guide Rail or the lower road to the north along shore.
Good luck and stay safe !!!!!!!!!!

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5781 on: Apr 03, 2015, 03:49 AM »
I fished out of Vet's this morning.  Access still good, the guy to the left of the ice bridge looks to have turned his bubbler off but the docks to the right have 3 big ones churning.  Only two other guys out, I was amazed.

Ice is still plenty thick once you get out there, top is hard, easy walking.  I caught a meal of nice perch in 35-40 FOW, and caught a very fat 17.5" LMB and a 22" laker.  The laker started coming up from the bottom for my jig as I was letting it down, it was only down about 25'.  I let  him get close and then reeled.  I think lakers must be as stupid as brookies.

Don't know how long the ice bridge will hold up.  It looked solid enough for a 4 wheeler today (not mine, if I had one) but the clock is ticking and the ice eaters are churning.

I'm sorry I mentioned possible 4 wheeler access.  If one goes through the ice bridge, there goes the access for everyone.

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5782 on: Apr 03, 2015, 04:37 AM »
I'm sorry I mentioned possible 4 wheeler access.  If one goes through the ice bridge, there goes the access for everyone.
I took a look at Vet's yesterday afternoon and you wouldn't catch me  taking a 4 wheeler out of there. We did on Sunday  but no more wheeler for me.

Offline twillingthenoz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5783 on: Apr 03, 2015, 06:16 AM »
Was looking out at the Lake yesterday from Lockhart Loop and I could see 3 black looking spots that were spidering outward... not sure if there was open water in the middle of them.  I'm a newbie when it comes to ice fishing so I don't know to much about judging the ice BUT those things don't make me feel safe.  Anyways saw two guys out by Paulist Fathers this morning... still at it.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5784 on: Apr 03, 2015, 07:33 AM »
I watched a really good fisherman yanking out smelt by the belly full near West Brook yesterday. Of course I don't think Encon will bother him because it will be tough to ticket him. Those otters are just too good at swimming underwater.

Friggen awesome!!

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5785 on: Apr 03, 2015, 07:35 AM »
Hey, it was fun killing time in here this season! 

Have a great open water season/hunting season!  See yall on the Schroon board next December.

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5786 on: Apr 03, 2015, 12:02 PM »
Made it out for a few hours this morning. Felt like I had the lake to myself, measured 13" of ice. Access is gettin' kinda sketchy...had to use a floating iceberg about the size of a sheet of plywood to get on and off. Fish were biting pretty good...caught a limit of perch,6 seeds 4 lakers and I'm guessing 10 small mouths.

On a side note my new striker ice suit was plenty warm today :P Pretty sure today was my last day out there.[/URL]img]

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5787 on: Apr 03, 2015, 12:38 PM »
Hey, it was fun killing time in here this season! 

Have a great open water season/hunting season!  See yall on the Schroon board next December.

Yes it was.  I think I too am going to call it and fish closer to home for pike tomorrow.

To everyone on this thread that shared a bit of info with me, thank you.  Big thanks to JonNY and Bigredonice.  You guys helped make it a wicked successful first season on LG for me.  I couldn't have paid for better advice!

Offline perch-hound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5788 on: Apr 03, 2015, 01:30 PM »
Nice haul you got there! I agree on the Striker ice suits, I only got the jacket but it is warm as toast, blocks the wind,
and seems to be made fairly well. I bought it so I wouldn't need the boat vest, plus I needed a warm coat anyhow.
It's funny, it is a great looking coat as well, I wear it to work on cold days, lol. It is not bulky or stiff IMO.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #5789 on: Apr 03, 2015, 10:50 PM »
Came off the ice 930pm at hearthstone shore is still in good shape by the pine trees and over the guard rail.hit a limit of perch 20 pumpkin seeds and caught 2 bass (released) not a bad way to finish off the ice season

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.