New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346848 times)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #5010 on: Feb 06, 2015, 11:23 AM »
I noticed a truck plowing a path from Million dollar beach over to Shephard's park.
There will probably be people parking on the ice at the regular spots where guys usually do this weekend. (Southern basin anyway)
I hope no one considers that a green light to go ripping all over the southern basin in trucks. This might be a bad weekend for anyone with more nads than brains. I hope I'm wrong.
I just see this weekend as a bad recipe. We've enjoyed some good easy walking and got screwed by the storm one week before the south half of the lake is really good to be driving on. I almost convinced myself to drive to the 1st ridge this weekend to spare my legs. I'm waiting at least another week before I try it.
I'm worried about the ignorant carnival crowd this weekend. Don't be one of them.   
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5011 on: Feb 06, 2015, 11:57 AM »
What's PK like?  How's the cracks and snow?

Offline MJB518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5012 on: Feb 06, 2015, 12:37 PM »

I was out there Wednesday and Thursday. The crack at the end of the bay was OK. Wheelers and sleds crossing it. There is a crack to the south that runs from east shore to west shore. I crossed it no problem Wednesday, couldn't get across on Thursday. Ice heaved up 2-3'.  Snow covered water/ slush on the other side. Spudded right threw it. Walked parallel to it for awhile trying to cross. Said screw it and fish north of it.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5013 on: Feb 06, 2015, 12:44 PM »
I did get out there yesterday. The walk sucked and the fishing sucked worse. I gotta stop farting over there. I hit it because I wanted to be over deep water without walking far. Anywhere else on the lake I can get (what seems) 50% of the marks to chase and about half of that to hit. I'm lucky if I'm getting 1/2 the success I get elsewhere. I should have jigged perch elsewhere.  :P
I was shocked there wasn't squat for trails cut yet by snowmobiles. The big ridge out there isn't bad if you pay attention. It's one of those that changes daily though. 

Offline mutispecies

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5014 on: Feb 06, 2015, 08:44 PM »
I'm hoping to park at Vets and travel way up into Northwest Bay tomorrow.  Haven't been there yet this year.  Just wondering if there are any bad cracks.  How much snow is on the ice?

Thanks

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5015 on: Feb 06, 2015, 10:59 PM »
I did get out there yesterday. The walk sucked and the fishing sucked worse. I gotta stop farting over there. I hit it because I wanted to be over deep water without walking far. Anywhere else on the lake I can get (what seems) 50% of the marks to chase and about half of that to hit. I'm lucky if I'm getting 1/2 the success I get elsewhere. I should have jigged perch elsewhere.  :P
I was shocked there wasn't squat for trails cut yet by snowmobiles. The big ridge out there isn't bad if you pay attention. It's one of those that changes daily though.

I gave up on PK as well....it seem's there are cruisers there but not alot that want to eat...

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5016 on: Feb 06, 2015, 11:28 PM »
I'm hoping to park at Vets and travel way up into Northwest Bay tomorrow.  Haven't been there yet this year.  Just wondering if there are any bad cracks.  How much snow is on the ice?

Thanks
Read back halfway up the page

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #5017 on: Feb 07, 2015, 07:48 AM »

Yesterday I took a ride to Hearthstone and there was a blonde at the bottom in a 2 wheel drive car trying to get up the hill. What an
     idiot for going down there, some times it can be hard to get up with 4 wheel drive. I didn't have anything to pull her up with but she said
     she had a friend out on the ice with a 4 wheel drive that could pull her up. Hope she made it! :cookoo:

IW

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5018 on: Feb 07, 2015, 08:31 AM »
        Yesterday I took a ride to Hearthstone and there was a blonde at the bottom in a 2 wheel drive car trying to get up the hill. What an
     idiot for going down there, some times it can be hard to get up with 4 wheel drive. I didn't have anything to pull her up with but she said
     she had a friend out on the ice with a 4 wheel drive that could pull her up. Hope she made it! :cookoo:

IW

ahhh the winter carnival on George.  Like Memorial Day weekend on a boat launch.  Just sit back and enjoy the cidiot show!
I love clipboard man

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5019 on: Feb 07, 2015, 08:37 AM »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it ain't gonna get any better. Forecast for Lake George is 1-3 today, 5-8 sunday and 3-5 monday.  I don't have a wheeler or a snowmobile, so I may be done for the season.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5020 on: Feb 07, 2015, 08:46 AM »
PK has good fishing there's no doubt. 

I've gone over there at 10 am and had good day's.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5021 on: Feb 07, 2015, 08:52 AM »
I may not even go out this weekend, mid season break?

Who am I kidding?  I put a cement block in my small sled to test the drag in the backyard last night..  The snow will only keep the riff raff off the lake I do wish I was in better shape though. Maybe I could use a backpack..

Offline Ghostchef44

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bottom Budget Hookers
« Reply #5022 on: Feb 07, 2015, 09:52 AM »
Anywhere to drive out too

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #5023 on: Feb 07, 2015, 10:42 AM »
no one talks about the pike fishing on the king. it's always perch and lakers. even the cisco's get mentioned if anyone gets any decent pike I'd like to hear about it. thanks

Offline Icefishin Wizz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lurker for Life
« Reply #5024 on: Feb 07, 2015, 10:57 AM »
I've seen them caught, some nice ones too. In years of fishing all over the lake I never caught one. I have tried targeting them in places I've seen then caught w/o success. They seem to be scattered. Never the less I may give it another shot in a couple weeks.

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5025 on: Feb 07, 2015, 11:12 AM »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it ain't gonna get any better. Forecast for Lake George is 1-3 today, 5-8 sunday and 3-5 monday.  I don't have a wheeler or a snowmobile, so I may be done for the season.

X2

I just finished taking snow off my back roof as it was leaking in house. Walking thru snow to my shed to get ladders was enough to convince me at 68 I 'm not walking any distance on the ice thru deep snow. This month sucks, fourth time I have suited up in ice fishing clothes and each time for snow removal. May have to take up bowling!!

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5026 on: Feb 07, 2015, 11:31 AM »

I'm with you... I never really have killer days over there off the beach in the winter. There's always some fish around, but I haven't jigged over there in a few years.

Offline rondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hudson River Salmon
« Reply #5027 on: Feb 07, 2015, 02:00 PM »
Vets parking lot was the worse that I have ever seen it !!!  Someone had parked at the first left turn by the sidewalk right in the middle of the road and went fishing and there was another idiot who parked right in the middle of the exit road coming out from the back .The whole back lot was tied up.I wonder what goes through someone's mind when they do something that stupid ? The guys that got there early and got a place to park are really going to be pissed when they have to wait to get out.
I went out of Hearthstone,the hill was in good shape and the upper lot was empty.Once I got out of the bay the going was not bad,probably 4-5" of snow.

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5028 on: Feb 07, 2015, 03:39 PM »
Fished pilot knob today.  Very slow for me.  Few chasers jigging and a few flags but no fish.  Lots of people out there, more than I've seen in while.  Something that I found odd was the number of people fishing directly on top of the pressure ridge.  I watched four or five people sitting in their chairs right on top of the snow covered crack which has been shifting by the day.  Hopefully no one goes through there. 

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5029 on: Feb 07, 2015, 04:28 PM »
Made it out today, perch bite was good and went 5 for 5 on the Lakers. A lot of fun on a noodle rod, nothing bigger than 26" but only 1 short. Probably be tough going with the wheelers after this next storm. Took 4 dollars in quarters to get all the snow and slush off the wheeler before it froze solid .

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5030 on: Feb 07, 2015, 04:39 PM »
to the guy with the black F150 with Jersey plates parked on the ice off Cotton Point road. Found your keys in the snow behind the truck this AM an put them in the passenger door with the yellow post it. Hope you got them ok ;)

JJ

« Reply #5031 on: Feb 07, 2015, 04:50 PM »
Good morning in the ice today, decent numbers of lakers jigging, they did pretty good for beginners. Plus one nice fish on a tip-up that was released to get bigger.

Fishmon

« Reply #5032 on: Feb 07, 2015, 04:56 PM »
 :)That is one nice pike!  How long was she?  Hopefully it went back.

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5033 on: Feb 07, 2015, 06:59 PM »
Giggity

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5034 on: Feb 07, 2015, 07:53 PM »
The carnival is here! Enjoy the show guys.
Beared witness to a few close calls today. I watched a fool get thrown from a sled. I watched him for 15 minutes knowing he had too much machine under him. Lucky for him, he got up quick. Also watched a young girl take a spill playing on glare ice. Her cage was rattled, but left walking.
The highlight of my day... watching a dude eat a lake trout's eyeball!
I'll give it 24 hours before I say he's in the clear.  :sick: :sick:

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5035 on: Feb 07, 2015, 08:42 PM »

Oh come one mike there's lots of fishing to still be done, the drag thru the snow is how we stay in shape  @)
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5036 on: Feb 07, 2015, 09:11 PM »
Beware Hearthstone's driveway right now. You may make it down... but not back up. Looked like that happened to at least one vehicle today.

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5037 on: Feb 07, 2015, 09:58 PM »
no one talks about the pike fishing on the king. it's always perch and lakers. even the cisco's get mentioned if anyone gets any decent pike I'd like to hear about it. thanks
Here is a pike from LG. Nothing big

Offline rondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hudson River Salmon
« Reply #5038 on: Feb 08, 2015, 04:22 AM »
Good morning in the ice today, decent numbers of lakers jigging, they did pretty good for beginners. Plus one nice fish on a tip-up that was released to get bigger.
Jeff
We were several hundred yds.straight out from you and could hear the guy yelling " Big Pike On " sounded like he was having a great time

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5039 on: Feb 08, 2015, 07:46 AM »
Nice fish JJ and Steve   :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.