New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346716 times)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #4890 on: Feb 02, 2015, 09:19 AM »
We had some perch Sat too!

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4891 on: Feb 02, 2015, 09:57 AM »
I guess I cut a lucky hole yesterday.
I fished one unproductive hole for the 15 minutes that I could take it without my shack. Moved 50 yards and set up my shack and got to fishing.
I was able to camp on the one hole all day and get 11 to the top side.  ;D I got another nice one, but am forced to hold out until I can figure out how to blur backgrounds.  :P
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4892 on: Feb 02, 2015, 10:13 AM »
Looks like it's time to pay NYS some cash and register the snowmobile to get around out there next weekend  >:(
I hear that

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4893 on: Feb 02, 2015, 10:23 AM »
I was able to camp on the one hole all day and get 11 to the top side.  ;D I got another nice one, but am forced to hold out until I can figure out how to blur backgrounds.  :P

You can edit the photo on photobucket and one option is a white out pen, you can use that to white out the background
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4894 on: Feb 02, 2015, 11:52 AM »
You can edit the photo on photobucket and one option is a white out pen, you can use that to white out the background

or he can just do a clean cut crop and cut out the background completely.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4895 on: Feb 02, 2015, 12:00 PM »
I pulled five species of fish out on Saturday

Pike
Laker
1 15 ounce perch and fifteen more that were all very nice
Cisco
Smelt
It was still very slow and my muscles still ache from dragging, I can't wait to do it over again :)

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4896 on: Feb 02, 2015, 12:34 PM »
I saw pics on my Facebook feed of a 34 1/2" 14 lber.  Beautiful fish.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4897 on: Feb 02, 2015, 12:46 PM »
I saw pics on my Facebook feed of a 34 1/2" 14 lber.  Beautiful fish.

Was it Austin Charters??  If not another 14 lber was iced too!
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4898 on: Feb 02, 2015, 12:47 PM »
Thanks a bunch man!
The fish isn't really a trophy by many standards, but it's my biggest of the year and marks one of my best days jigging trout.
The waiting dead stick that we all discussed a couple days ago was the hot ticket. I had to force myself to set the rod down anywhere from 3-10' off the bottom and wait for a mark. Then, be ready to start coming up before the fish gets a good look at it. If I waited too long, I got no chase from the fish. If I start my retrieve too hard, the fish would rise 10-20' and it would lose interest. The best retrieve for me was no faster or slower than a fleeing bait fish.
Worth noting. I spent a lot of time bouncing from jig to jig. The trusy 'ol Buckshot spoons produced 18 of my 19 fish in my last 2 trips. A white pimple took 1 fish yesterday. Nothing on plastics and nothing on white bucktails. That could also be attributed to how I'm working them. 

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4899 on: Feb 02, 2015, 01:03 PM »
Great fish Jamey.  Don't sell yourself short a 28" on the jig stick is a great fish!

I love clipboard man

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4900 on: Feb 02, 2015, 01:14 PM »
Thanks a bunch man!
The most beautiful part of it. I had just invested the day before in a really heavy rod to add to the arsenal. The one fish I caught on that rod was the one I needed it for. Couldn't have worked out better.

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4901 on: Feb 02, 2015, 01:16 PM »
nice fish and quite the wind storm blowing the snow in the background,  ;)

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4902 on: Feb 02, 2015, 01:25 PM »
Thanks a bunch man!
The fish isn't really a trophy by many standards, but it's my biggest of the year and marks one of my best days jigging trout.
The waiting dead stick that we all discussed a couple days ago was the hot ticket. I had to force myself to set the rod down anywhere from 3-10' off the bottom and wait for a mark. Then, be ready to start coming up before the fish gets a good look at it. If I waited too long, I got no chase from the fish. If I start my retrieve too hard, the fish would rise 10-20' and it would lose interest. The best retrieve for me was no faster or slower than a fleeing bait fish.
Worth noting. I spent a lot of time bouncing from jig to jig. The trusy 'ol Buckshot spoons produced 18 of my 19 fish in my last 2 trips. A white pimple took 1 fish yesterday. Nothing on plastics and nothing on white bucktails. That could also be attributed to how I'm working them.

Funny .... i have been having far more luck with a 4 inch smelt on a jighead than spoons.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4903 on: Feb 02, 2015, 01:34 PM »
Funny .... i have been having far more luck with a 4 inch smelt on a jighead than spoons.
I didn't try any smelt. Lol
You got more nads than I do man!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4904 on: Feb 02, 2015, 01:43 PM »
I didn't try any smelt. Lol
You got more nads than I do man!

What happens in the shanty stays in the shanty  ;D

Just Kidding .....  i realized when i read it i should have explained it a little more ....   i have been using the Berkley Gulp version of a 4 inch smelt. I have been coating it in smelt oil but the guy i took last weekend just bought me a smelt wand. It looks like a chapstick container and it actually smells more than the oil!

Offline gauglerb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4905 on: Feb 02, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Had 10 guys fishing but only landed 3 keeper walleyes, but none were large enough to even bother trucking it to the weigh in and risk killing them.  We also landed two small pike and one of two very small eyes.  Very slow though for the amount of guys and tipups.  Wasn't nearly as windy as they forecasted so that made it much more enjoyable. Happy about that.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4906 on: Feb 02, 2015, 01:51 PM »
What happens in the shanty stays in the shanty  ;D

Just Kidding .....  i realized when i read it i should have explained it a little more ....   i have been using the Berkley Gulp version of a 4 inch smelt. I have been coating it in smelt oil but the guy i took last weekend just bought me a smelt wand. It looks like a chapstick container and it actually smells more than the oil!
Kind of thought we just had a really brazen confession on the board.  :o Haha.
I think I'm just cursed with plastics. I never do well with them. Regardless of the species.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4907 on: Feb 02, 2015, 01:52 PM »
Had 10 guys fishing but only landed 3 keeper walleyes, but none were large enough to even bother trucking it to the weigh in and risk killing them.  We also landed two small pike and one of two very small eyes.  Very slow though for the amount of guys and tipups.  Wasn't nearly as windy as they forecasted so that made it much more enjoyable. Happy about that.
I think you posted on the wrong thread man.  :P

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4908 on: Feb 02, 2015, 02:03 PM »
Thanks a bunch man!
The most beautiful part of it. I had just invested the day before in a really heavy rod to add to the arsenal. The one fish I caught on that rod was the one I needed it for. Couldn't have worked out better.

Great fish!

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4909 on: Feb 02, 2015, 02:04 PM »
Oh man! 
I missed the first annual Lake George Walleye tournament. I have an awesome spot for lunkers too!

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4910 on: Feb 02, 2015, 02:22 PM »
That's a beauty of a laker prchslyr, congrats

Offline adksmitty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4911 on: Feb 02, 2015, 02:40 PM »
Ventured out yesterday past the crown into middle of nowhere. Had the lookers. Plenty too. But just would not give in. Tryed plenty. Had a good time otherwise. Wind blew hard.
Even the perch had the same attitude. Come up and look. But would not take.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4912 on: Feb 02, 2015, 02:51 PM »
That's a real beauty Jamey, congrats! Some days you just have to keep trying different lures/presentations until you hit upon something they like! Other days, a plain jig head will do the trick! Part of the fun and satisfaction comes from the discovery!  :)

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4913 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:24 PM »

Should have just ate them. You will never taste a walleye that has the unique flavor of ones caught from the king!!.

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4914 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:34 PM »
Should have just ate them. You will never taste a walleye that has the unique flavor of ones caught from the king!!.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4915 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:54 PM »
Should not have made that post now the cat is out of the bag and everyone will be coming looking for Walter! Personally I think it is that they gorge on ciscoes that gives them that distinctive taste

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #4916 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:16 PM »
Ventured out yesterday past the crown into middle of nowhere. Had the lookers. Plenty too. But just would not give in. Tryed plenty. Had a good time otherwise. Wind blew hard.
Even the perch had the same attitude. Come up and look. But would not take.

Interesting...

I skipped fishing L. George on my day off yesterday because of the wind forecast and went over the border to Bomoseen in VT, where the wind was a bit lighter, to mess with the panfish.  I fished a good area, marked a lot of fish, but could barely get any to bite.

I didn't want to miss an afternoon of fishing yesterday as I usually expect aggressive fish on the front edge of an approaching storm.  The fish seemed FAR from aggressive yesterday.  I wonder why?

Tight lines,
Bob

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4917 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:19 PM »
Lakers love eating those small walleye.  Put a nice 10" eye on a quick strike rig and hang on.  You haven't had lake trout until you've had walleye fed lake trout.
I love clipboard man

Offline Icelife4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit the b***hin and start fishin
« Reply #4918 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:23 PM »
 No way there is walleye in lake george !

JJ

« Reply #4919 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:28 PM »
The walleye stockings have been doing well the past few years, we are starting to see them in several age classes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.