New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346738 times)

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #4710 on: Jan 28, 2015, 07:52 AM »
My friend Ryan made an entertaining video of our group catching a few from this weekend
http://youtu.be/a4HVpOSj6mE

Just plain awesome there   ;D

Is it Friday yet??
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4711 on: Jan 28, 2015, 07:53 AM »
My friend Ryan made an entertaining video of our group catching a few from this weekend

Awesome!  Looks like my daughter may have a fever on Friday...

Offline coldfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4712 on: Jan 28, 2015, 07:56 AM »
Nice video.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4713 on: Jan 28, 2015, 08:02 AM »
Awesome!  Looks like my daughter may have a fever on Friday...

The kids actually pick up on it the quickest since it is so similar to a video game.

Both my son and daughter caught so many fish they wanted to leave before noon!
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4714 on: Jan 28, 2015, 08:17 AM »
The kids actually pick up on it the quickest since it is so similar to a video game.

Both my son and daughter caught so many fish they wanted to leave before noon!

She's not 3 yet so I have a little time to go before taking her out.  However "kid issues" is the go to excuse for PTO in my line of work.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4715 on: Jan 28, 2015, 08:40 AM »
Thanks man, I've got 18-20 of the fish caught that day on video. After the gopro battery crapped out I used my cell. Lost so many fish due to it. In time after I get familiar with a good video editing app or software I'll put them all together. Try to compile 6 hours into a reasonable to watch video. I can only imagine what it would look like in reds shack. I swear he uses two rods at a time. Or Atleast runs laker jigs like a sabiki. Pulling in two at a time lol. Something about them rockets chasing your jig always gets the heart beating...we will have to hook up again soon for some action... I've got an area that was good to me last season. Red can tote us out in his utv!!!

I finally figured it out, he showed in his video.  He fishes up to 3 guys in his shanty at once!  ;D

Great video Lance, fontana, and crew!

I love clipboard man

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4716 on: Jan 28, 2015, 08:56 AM »
That's it!! Awesome video for sure. The quality of these go pros, simply amazing.

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #4717 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:12 AM »

That's great Lance ;D  The best part is the "togue train" at the end :clap:

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #4718 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:21 AM »
I may experiment with single hooks opposed to treble. I just wonder if it will mess up the action.

I haven't used a spoon or a treble or bait in years for lakers at the KING.  Jigheads/single hooks are so much easier on the trout and so much easier for you to release the fish unharmed.  Trebles just aren't necessesary IMO. 

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4719 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:25 AM »
awesome video

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4720 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:29 AM »

awesome video man. makes me want to fish more and work less. lol

Offline BOCHASER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4721 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:37 AM »
Great video!!! Thank you for sharing.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4722 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:39 AM »
The shots beneath the ice are awesome, like a Jacque Cousteau documentary! Very nicely done video Lance! It helps with the work week Jones until it's Ice Time again!

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4723 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:43 AM »
I haven't used a spoon or a treble or bait in years for lakers at the KING.  Jigheads/single hooks are so much easier on the trout and so much easier for you to release the fish unharmed.  Trebles just aren't necessesary IMO.

two years ago I would have thought you were crazy saying no trebs no bait. but after last year I realized baits a waste of money and some of the traditional baits guys say to use for lakers are not the best. my tip to guys starting out is to play around with baits. plastics, jig heads, scents. that's it. I hear a lot that they will bite anything which sometimes is true, but sometimes (a lot of the time) they will hit specific things much more then others.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4724 on: Jan 28, 2015, 10:31 AM »
Oh my god dude!
My palms are sweaty and heart racing in this little office. Curse you big red!!!
I was on the fence about taking a half day tomorrow. The decision was just made!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4725 on: Jan 28, 2015, 10:43 AM »
ill be out tomorrow. My buddy flew in from montana for my wedding and im leaving for the Bahamas Friday so tomorrows my only chance to get him out. iv been telling him all about our sick obsession so hes pretty excited.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4726 on: Jan 28, 2015, 10:44 AM »
bigred I ain't no lake guy but that was darn good stuff. I could see all the laughing going on.

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4727 on: Jan 28, 2015, 11:42 AM »
Cool video big red, I think your group was the group that came out by my buddy and I late morning/early afternoon Sunday, I remember that convoy of shanties but Sunday it was being hauled by a UTV. Anyways good stuff and right lines!
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4728 on: Jan 28, 2015, 11:48 AM »
Cool video big red, I think your group was the group that came out by my buddy and I late morning/early afternoon Sunday, I remember that convoy of shanties but Sunday it was being hauled by a UTV. Anyways good stuff and right lines!
That was a fun I was in the convoy behind the utv little cold but a fun ride until you hit a drift when you weren't paying attention. IK Red got a couple pics of us in tow maby he will throw them up

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4729 on: Jan 28, 2015, 11:52 AM »
We actually heard you guys coming from a long ways away, I looked at the window and told my buddy to check this out, we got a kick out of it but we walked out there, we were wishing we had the wheeler
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4730 on: Jan 28, 2015, 11:54 AM »
Great video..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4731 on: Jan 28, 2015, 12:25 PM »
Great video.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #4732 on: Jan 28, 2015, 12:59 PM »
That was a fun I was in the convoy behind the utv little cold but a fun ride until you hit a drift when you weren't paying attention. IK Red got a couple pics of us in tow maby he will throw them up
We actually heard you guys coming from a long ways away, I looked at the window and told my buddy to check this out, we got a kick out of it but we walked out there, we were wishing we had the wheeler

the ol' togue train 2015 style (photo links to a short video)

Offline The Reel Deeeal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4733 on: Jan 28, 2015, 03:37 PM »
Awesome day on the water!   Hope I was able to help in some way.   Nice fish!

Thanks Lance!, it was a great afternoon on The King! I appreciate you passing on some of your knowledge, definitely has me putting up better numbers already!

Offline burt reynolds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4734 on: Jan 28, 2015, 03:57 PM »
Fishing for lake trout in deep water 80'-100' feet plus...does anyone use beads on the line. Also anyone add  extra weight (egg sinker) on the main line above swivel to help get the line down quicker. Or is the extra weight more trouble than its worth?

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4735 on: Jan 28, 2015, 04:44 PM »
Fishing for lake trout in deep water 80'-100' feet plus...does anyone use beads on the line. Also anyone add  extra weight (egg sinker) on the main line above swivel to help get the line down quicker. Or is the extra weight more trouble than its worth?
I like an egg sinker to help get tip up line down. I'm not afraid to send a tip up to the bottom in 100+ fow with an egg sinker and my Marcum to avoid sounding. It works out well for me. It also lets the flag trip a little easier having that extra pressure of a 1/4 oz pulling against it when a fish bites.
I don't know if I would try it on a jig rod though. I'd worry about the line falling faster than the jig. Resulting in any spoon with a treble getting fouled up on you. It may work with a jig head with a single hook.   
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline RPudney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4736 on: Jan 28, 2015, 04:53 PM »
Anyone been to hearthstone since the storm? Planning on being there tomorrow morning & was wondering how bad a drag I might have.......  Don't really wanna bring the wheeler but if its not plowed going down I shall.  Any info appreciated! I'll be in the clam 2000, stop in & say hi & happy to share venison snack sticks..   

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
« Reply #4737 on: Jan 28, 2015, 05:13 PM »
BigRed, awesome video, thanks for sharing, very entertaining, many people still don't believe how effective you guys are on Lakers...Love the parade at the end too....Barebow

Offline burt reynolds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4738 on: Jan 28, 2015, 05:31 PM »
Thanks prycslyr...that's what I needed. No "marcum" here so the time to sound out and send back down a 100 feet of line with a tiny split shot only is a bit much. I usually put all five just off the bottom?

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4739 on: Jan 28, 2015, 05:42 PM »
Drove over top of the world the ice has snow drifts on it.Down by the beach and you could see small drifts.Hearth Stone was plowed out.Still patces of clean ice. :clap: :icefish: :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.