New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346668 times)

Fishmon

Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #4350 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:32 AM »
We raise our docks each year, takes about half a day to do it but it saves on electric bills and allows easy access to the ice.

;D Wish more people would do this. I can understand why people use the ice eaters to protect docks, but some just run the ice eaters along an empty shoreline for no apparent reason other than to limit access to the lake.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4351 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:55 AM »
;D Wish more people would do this. I can understand why people use the ice eaters to protect docks, but some just run the ice eaters along an empty shoreline for no apparent reason other than to limit access to the lake.

It is the guy directly north of vets that causes issues.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #4352 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:08 AM »
So docks are too big to lift out.. just be glad they don't have the stronger eaters. In at huddle... also bixby. Can be sketchy with that rock Wall and the drain near the shore.. but whatever let it sketch you more room for me hahaha

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4353 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:41 AM »
Already heard of one being caught...

;)

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4354 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:44 AM »
Already heard of one being caught...
it was probably you .......lol
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4355 on: Jan 17, 2015, 09:07 AM »
I haven't even touched lg ice yet >:(

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4356 on: Jan 17, 2015, 09:29 AM »

While i like your comment about safety, people who purchase lake frontage have every right to make sure their docks don't get tipped over by  the shear power of the ice. Yes when the wind picks up it can take their open water and move it all over the place and bog down our access points to the lake, but go price out a new dock and i'm sure you'd have 4 ice eaters blasting ice away from your precious slip if you had one. Just saying...people who have ice eaters aren't idiots.

You be careful out there man... good luck to you and everyone else. Like the missionary position, stay on top!
               Sorry to disagree... its a waste of money to open up all that water. Makes a lot of the area around the dock unsafe and those don't do any good when the ice goes out in the spring. Its a crap shoot and when those ice floes start moving you can have 20 ice eaters and it will not stop a million pounds  of ice.  I have seen the ice go right up and over the tops of docks and 50 feet into the yard.  Unfortunately some one will go through the ice, drown, the family will sue and they will go back to bubblers.  Its just a matter of time.

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4357 on: Jan 17, 2015, 09:58 AM »

It is the guy directly north of vets that causes issues.

IMHO, last year the eater to the south of the access caused the early end to the season.  I don't think the one to the north was any different than any other year.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4358 on: Jan 17, 2015, 10:51 AM »
Currently sitting on # 27 going to hit 30 today!

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4359 on: Jan 17, 2015, 10:57 AM »
 in bay B between friends pt and forest bay there is  3.5" of ice. Forest bay looks frozen almost all the way up to rogers campground.. This morning it was steaming heavily from the campground along the shorline to rogers slide. the middle of the lake was steaming looking across from forest bay to blairs bay.. Everything will be great next weekend i believe, but be careful out there. 3-3.5 was cracking like crazy under my feet and yes i puckered up and turned around.

Back to the bubblers/ice eaters.. i guess i'd have to know what spot you're talking about.. i have a camp on a pt. and theres a dock on either side. one has an ice eater and 1 has a bubbler.. if the wind blows right,,, the two will make open water all around the pt and i cannot get out.. Sucks when that happens, but i just have to move to the next access pt which can be a pain but it is what it is. As for the dude putting an ice eater in around land without a dock, well that's just unnecessary but hes probably been trespassed on before and didn't care for that. IDK... crap happens.. the lake is 32 miles long.. find another place to fish.
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline Icelife4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit the b***hin and start fishin
« Reply #4360 on: Jan 17, 2015, 12:47 PM »
Took my first trip of the year up to LG today , limited out on perch no lakers, only kept a good hefty dozen of perch

Offline korushka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4361 on: Jan 17, 2015, 01:05 PM »
Any updates on vets park, would be appreciated

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4362 on: Jan 17, 2015, 01:31 PM »
31 lakers new pb! Definetly hungry today. # 25 knocked my pliars in. That's my donation for the season. Atleast one item a season goes in.

Offline run320083

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4363 on: Jan 17, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Wow bird great job. Heading up tomorrow for first trip of the year.

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4364 on: Jan 17, 2015, 02:50 PM »
Just a heads up we are about to loose another access point on assembly point... many complaints were called in today about the parking situation on assembly point today... Please do not block the roadway because you will get towed away and then posted up... I just spoke with a sheriff and encon officer who both had complaints.  Please be respectful of the right of way and clean up after yourself!

Offline Icelife4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit the b***hin and start fishin
« Reply #4365 on: Jan 17, 2015, 02:56 PM »
Just a heads up we are about to loose another access point on assembly point... many complaints were called in today about the parking situation on assembly point today... Please do not block the roadway because you will get towed away and then posted up... I just spoke with a sheriff and encon officer who both had complaints.  Please be respectful of the right of way and clean up after yourself!
it takes only a few to ruin it all for us

Offline boots518

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4366 on: Jan 17, 2015, 02:57 PM »
Awesome day bird!

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4367 on: Jan 17, 2015, 03:04 PM »
31 lakers new pb! Definetly hungry today. # 25 knocked my pliars in. That's my donation for the season. Atleast one item a season goes in.
Better a pair of pliers than an I-phone I bet ;D. Nice day of fishing Andy.

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4368 on: Jan 17, 2015, 03:14 PM »
Just a heads up, there was a pretty good sized stretch of open water this morning in Northwest Bay. It must have skimmed over as it quit steaming . Going  to be hard to spot with all this black ice.

Offline Catskill Outdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HUNT•OUTDOORS•FISH™
« Reply #4369 on: Jan 17, 2015, 03:28 PM »

Hope that we don't loose this one.

Adrian
Catskill Outdoors
HUNT | OUTDOORS | FISH™

Facebook • Instagram • Twitter • YouTube • TikTok

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4370 on: Jan 17, 2015, 03:44 PM »

The other day there was a post about a 4 wheeler out on the ice, a comment was made the there was 6= inches, then a person said
   that there was 3 inches next to it. Well I know that where people say there's only 3 inches, they never measured it. They did it by eye.
   Ice is deceiving when looking at it in the water, just as fish look bigger in the water. So let's be accurate when telling about ice thickness.
   Thanks for letting rant. :whistle:

IW

Offline lazymanfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4371 on: Jan 17, 2015, 03:56 PM »
Anyone know if pilot knob is good to go or would hearthstone be a better choice. Thanks

Offline HamBone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4372 on: Jan 17, 2015, 03:58 PM »
 I fished harris bay fri and today picked up garbage both days some people just don't care!!!!!! ???  >:(

JJ

« Reply #4373 on: Jan 17, 2015, 04:01 PM »
Off too a good start, first guided trip of the year was a cold one but we had some action on the jig rods, including this laker at just about 30"; released to grow bigger. Didn't find the pike one of the guys really wanted to catch.

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4374 on: Jan 17, 2015, 04:10 PM »
Nice fish JJ always putting customers on some quality fish!

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4375 on: Jan 17, 2015, 04:16 PM »
Better a pair of pliers than an I-phone I bet ;D. Nice day of fishing Andy.

Yes terry, better them than an iphone. They were were Getting rusty anyways lol.

Offline coldfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4376 on: Jan 17, 2015, 04:23 PM »
nice laker

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4377 on: Jan 17, 2015, 04:27 PM »
I heard there was only 2.5" of ice out by long island today and I also heard someone went through in huddle.

Offline lazymanfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4378 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:01 PM »
Does anyone know if you can access at hearthstone .. heard the gate was closed

JJ

« Reply #4379 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:04 PM »
Hearthstone is supposed to get plowed out early next week. Roads got very icy a couple weeks ago when it rained then the cold hit, hasn't warmed up since.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.