New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346688 times)

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #4320 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:47 AM »
Any one started the laker count yet? Can't wait to get on em I'm sur there's a few already in the double digits... have fun this year looks like we will have a long and great season. Tight lines !
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline Billygarrison91

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4321 on: Jan 16, 2015, 09:54 AM »
Fort ann beach only had 2.5 inches and that was only 50 yards out. Not safe and that was yesterday. Probably be good today but definitely tomorrow. I'm hitting fort Ann in am.

Offline Billygarrison91

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4322 on: Jan 16, 2015, 09:56 AM »
did you park off bixbe rd? How far out did you go? Just wondering if I can get to my honey hole out there sunday.

Not sure where we parked. It's the road right after cotton point. We went out about 50 yards and then ice cracked and we realized we were fishing on a floating ice chuck haha it put a little fear in me!

Offline ufirst

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4323 on: Jan 16, 2015, 10:39 AM »
 1st timer to lake so where is the best bait shop  in the area of lake George . I understand u can not bring your own bait unless its tagged ..thanks    dave

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4324 on: Jan 16, 2015, 11:18 AM »
fish 307. just south of the village. not only the best in lake George but probably the best bait shop iv ever been too. ill be waiting for them to open the door tomorrow morning.

JJ

« Reply #4325 on: Jan 16, 2015, 11:31 AM »
Just a heads up: heard a guy or some guys were fishing off Bixby Beach Rd and got wet coming off the ice, the wind picked up and the ice shifted leaving a big opening at the crack. Pretty shallow in there and guess they had no other way off.

Offline FirstLightBestBite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4326 on: Jan 16, 2015, 11:48 AM »
These ice conditions don't sound too solid. Could anyone heading out Saturday update on how the ice is? Supposed to get pretty cold Saturday night and during the day so I'm hopeful
I'd rather be fishing

Offline FirstLightBestBite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4327 on: Jan 16, 2015, 11:53 AM »
CAPTJJ,

Your photos earlier look like they were from the DFWI. Any affiliations with the DFWI? I was a graduate student there doing work on my Master's this fall
I'd rather be fishing

JJ

« Reply #4328 on: Jan 16, 2015, 12:27 PM »
Similar background, just different angles, they were from Basin and Bixby.

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4329 on: Jan 16, 2015, 12:50 PM »
Anybody who has never fished Lake George... it is a great ice fishing lake. Some of the best Laker fishing around, but it is also one of the most dangerous. I don't care how much ice there is there will be some spots that you can go through.  Wind and springs make the lake very tricky and then you throw in the idiots with ice eaters.  Pressure ridges can form and disappear within minutes so be careful.  Go slow and pay attention and you can have a great day. Run around and not pay attention and you can get a little damp.

Offline boots518

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4330 on: Jan 16, 2015, 01:25 PM »
Was at huddle this morning. Ice was sketchy.  3" of ice. fish were biting but ice started to crack with water coming up at 8am. My dad and I got out and headed to Harris where there was 6". Bite was good in both bays but mostly little guys

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4331 on: Jan 16, 2015, 03:55 PM »
fished the king today and boy was it windy but got some nice perch and the first keeper Laker of the year. Please everyone use EXTREME caution I have been going on the same spot now for over 10 years and almost got into trouble today don't rush it hopefully after tonight and tomorrow it will be better.

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4332 on: Jan 16, 2015, 03:57 PM »
fished the king today and boy was it windy but got some nice perch and the first keeper Laker of the year. Please everyone use EXTREME caution I have been going on the same spot now for over 10 years and almost got into trouble today don't rush it hopefully after tonight and tomorrow it will be better.

Where abouts were you?

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4333 on: Jan 16, 2015, 03:58 PM »
Yes please tell us...   ::)       ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

JJ

« Reply #4334 on: Jan 16, 2015, 04:19 PM »

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4335 on: Jan 16, 2015, 05:03 PM »
man these conditions you guys are reporting from huddle are making me nervous. Maybe with tonight cold temps she will lock up much better for my trip sunday...or I might try harris bay? Never fished it tho. How is the ice off assembly point out towards long island?

Offline Stump6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4336 on: Jan 16, 2015, 07:01 PM »
Has anybody been on Harris Bay with an ATV yet?

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4337 on: Jan 16, 2015, 07:18 PM »
Yes please tell us...   ::)       ;D

North basin, south basin, east shore, west shore...he can be general if he wants.

Offline lakerscottyj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4338 on: Jan 16, 2015, 07:57 PM »
Fished the south basin today, in Laker country. Ice was 2.75 inches at best. Sketchy. Fish are still around in numbers. Start the count. BIG RED GOOD LUCK CATCHING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bassinbrian_on_ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lakers are Fun !
« Reply #4339 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:05 PM »
. Start the count. BIG RED GOOD LUCK CATCHING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flex:

:thumbsup:
Just passing time until spring Stripers !

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4340 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:09 PM »
Anybody who has never fished Lake George... it is a great ice fishing lake. Some of the best Laker fishing around, but it is also one of the most dangerous. I don't care how much ice there is there will be some spots that you can go through.  Wind and springs make the lake very tricky and then you throw in the idiots with ice eaters.  Pressure ridges can form and disappear within minutes so be careful.  Go slow and pay attention and you can have a great day. Run around and not pay attention and you can get a little damp.

While i like your comment about safety, people who purchase lake frontage have every right to make sure their docks don't get tipped over by  the shear power of the ice. Yes when the wind picks up it can take their open water and move it all over the place and bog down our access points to the lake, but go price out a new dock and i'm sure you'd have 4 ice eaters blasting ice away from your precious slip if you had one. Just saying...people who have ice eaters aren't idiots.

You be careful out there man... good luck to you and everyone else. Like the missionary position, stay on top!
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4341 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:21 PM »

While i like your comment about safety, people who purchase lake frontage have every right to make sure their docks don't get tipped over by  the shear power of the ice. Yes when the wind picks up it can take their open water and move it all over the place and bog down our access points to the lake, but go price out a new dock and i'm sure you'd have 4 ice eaters blasting ice away from your precious slip if you had one. Just saying...people who have ice eaters aren't idiots.

You be careful out there man... good luck to you and everyone else. Like the missionary position, stay on top!

We raise our docks each year, takes about half a day to do it but it saves on electric bills and allows easy access to the ice.

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4342 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:28 PM »
We raise our docks each year, takes about half a day to do it but it saves on electric bills and allows easy access to the ice.

You're the man!
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4343 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:37 PM »
Fished the south basin today, in Laker country. Ice was 2.75 inches at best. Sketchy. Fish are still around in numbers. Start the count. BIG RED GOOD LUCK CATCHING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! Don't push him dude. He will sleep on the ice to put up numbers.

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4344 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:39 PM »
You're the man!

I will also admit its for the selfish reason of easy ice access  ;D

Offline campbellmt

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NY
« Reply #4345 on: Jan 16, 2015, 09:14 PM »
Stump6 -  saw an ATV out on harris today.  I think he was nuts.  we drilled through about 6-7 inches of ice and 30 feet away there was only 3.  be careful out there.  wind was crazy today around 11.
NY - Addicted to Ice!

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4346 on: Jan 17, 2015, 05:19 AM »
Stay dry today fellas, I'll be out on LG very soon today.

I hear a competition brewing...

Who will ice the first ten pounder this year?

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4347 on: Jan 17, 2015, 05:32 AM »
Stump6 -  saw an ATV out on harris today.  I think he was nuts.  we drilled through about 6-7 inches of ice and 30 feet away there was only 3.  be careful out there.  wind was crazy today around 11.
              6 or 7 inches is fine for a 4 wheeler and if he got to the 3, that's a little sketchy but he would be fine, that ice out there is good hard ice. I wouldn't want 3 or 4 wheelers to park next to each other though.

IW

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4348 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:42 AM »
Stay dry today fellas, I'll be out on LG very soon today.

I hear a competition brewing...

Who will ice the first ten pounder this year?
Already heard of one being caught...

Offline yellabella

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4349 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:27 AM »
I am gonna head up tomorrow(sunday) to see if I can do some laker fishing, anyone been out around silver bay area? just wondering how the ice is in that area. Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.