New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346737 times)

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #4260 on: Jan 14, 2015, 12:03 PM »
Just got off the phone with the town of Bolton.   According to Ron Conover, Bolton town supervisor, that only applies to summer time.   We had a good conversation.   He did say that he is concerned about how some people are cutting around the play area and through the main part of the lawn when it gets warm, tearing up the grass.   As long as we stay on the path all the way down the lake, we are good to go with machines once the ice gets thick enough.   As we were speaking, he sent one of his guys to take the sign down.   

Thank you for that piece of great news Red! You just made everyone's day!  :)

Offline ice tripper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ice tripping all over the capital region for 30yrs
« Reply #4261 on: Jan 14, 2015, 12:19 PM »
okay so here is an update on the King. just drove from million dollar beach to Rogers rock. the whole south end is locked up with the exception of the southwest half of NW BAY which is sketchy. from the narrows north to Arcady bay below Hague is frozen. from Arcady bay to Rogers rock is about 50/50. lotta open water in front of Rogers Rock .
now let's hop it holds!
mike304 Thank you for putting in the time and effort to give us this report. Big thumbs up!!!

Offline ice tripper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ice tripping all over the capital region for 30yrs
« Reply #4262 on: Jan 14, 2015, 12:21 PM »
Just got off the phone with the town of Bolton.   According to Ron Conover, Bolton town supervisor, that only applies to summer time.   We had a good conversation.   He did say that he is concerned about how some people are cutting around the play area and through the main part of the lawn when it gets warm, tearing up the grass.   As long as we stay on the path all the way down the lake, we are good to go with machines once the ice gets thick enough.   As we were speaking, he sent one of his guys to take the sign down.   
Big Red thanks to you Buddy, Hope your feeling better...

Offline qbyfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4263 on: Jan 14, 2015, 12:38 PM »
Thanks for your effort guys! Need to find time between workin 6 days a week to get out on the hardwater. Either way for those that venture out as always stay safe and stay on top. 

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4264 on: Jan 14, 2015, 01:17 PM »
this is awesome. Looks like I might be venturing out to huddle this sunday.

Adam, my 2 buddys ended up coming around. If you want to join us, we will be going to perch sunday. You have my number. Good luck to you.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #4265 on: Jan 14, 2015, 01:34 PM »
Big thanks to you Buddy, Hope your feeling better...

no probs  ;D   Not 100% but good enough to cover some ice and put the smack down on some Lakers!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4266 on: Jan 14, 2015, 02:13 PM »
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I drove by Hearthstone yesterday and the mouth was plowed, now that the lake is frozen, will the state go and open it up? ???

IW

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4267 on: Jan 14, 2015, 02:35 PM »
For those heading out, take it easy and be smart.  I don't know why, but there's "snow" on the ice.  I'm guessing from the steam rising, then freezing and falling as snow?  Never seen that happen before.  You won't be able to read the new black ice like usual and see any transition lines.  Still wet spots on the south basin, one big one just north of paulist fathers.  Woke up this morning thinking I'd be on it Friday but I'll let bigred lead the way and follow his tracks Monday instead.  ;D
I love clipboard man

Offline crazyforfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4268 on: Jan 14, 2015, 02:40 PM »
Hey, does anyone know if there are lake trout over in Huddle Bay ive only perch fished over there.
randy

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4269 on: Jan 14, 2015, 02:48 PM »
Hey, does anyone know if there are lake trout over in Huddle Bay ive only perch fished over there.
You get lakers all over the lake. Literally.
You won't see the big numbers of trout as you do in some of the deep water, but it's worthy to fish for them in the bays too.
I've seen plenty of big trout come out of some of those bays.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline crazyforfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4270 on: Jan 14, 2015, 02:51 PM »
You get lakers all over the lake. Literally.
You won't see the big numbers of trout as you do in some of the deep water, but it's worthy to fish for them in the bays too.
I've seen plenty of big trout come out of some of those bays.
Alright Thanks
randy

Offline crazyforfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4271 on: Jan 14, 2015, 02:53 PM »
Another question, any idea where to find crappies in Lake George.

randy

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4272 on: Jan 14, 2015, 03:24 PM »
The crappies can only be found after you catch a golden lake trout ::)

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4273 on: Jan 14, 2015, 03:34 PM »
The crappies can only be found after you catch a golden lake trout ::)
I have to beg to differ I still can't catch me a crappie out of lg >:(
Jon I was thinking the same thing. Drove up to fab after work and every step I took cracked on the 1.5 2 in I spudded through... guess I have to loose a few lbs now

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4274 on: Jan 14, 2015, 03:40 PM »
I have to beg to differ I still can't catch me a crappie out of lg >:(
Jon I was thinking the same thing. Drove up to fab after work and every step I took cracked on the 1.5 2 in I spudded through... guess I have to loose a few lbs now

I need to lose more than a few.  ;D  I did see a pic further north, that didn't have the "snow" on it.  I may have to do that instead.
I love clipboard man

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4275 on: Jan 14, 2015, 04:05 PM »
guys im having a hard time finding the web cam of mdb that was listed. anyone still have the link or know where to find. I know some guys were out today just curious if you can look back at it and see how far out they made it?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #4276 on: Jan 14, 2015, 04:08 PM »
Its on the R & C thread ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4277 on: Jan 14, 2015, 04:09 PM »
haha duuh ::) thanks roy

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4278 on: Jan 14, 2015, 05:34 PM »
I know crappies are in the south end of LG in spring time, I'm guessing if guys find them they are not telling, ESPECIALLY in a thread with over 100,000 views. 

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4279 on: Jan 14, 2015, 06:13 PM »
does anyone know if huddle bay is completely locked up? I thought it was, but my friend, whose family owns chic's marina sent me this picture this afternoon... and I looked at the algonquin camera this AM and that "wet" spot looked like black ice, but I dont know...she said this was open water.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4280 on: Jan 14, 2015, 06:38 PM »
Honestly I don't know for sure but black ice tends to look just like open water. I wouldn't imagine it's open considering all the rest of the bigger spots that are froze. Odd it doesn't have snow cover though.

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4281 on: Jan 14, 2015, 07:31 PM »
does anyone know if huddle bay is completely locked up? I thought it was, but my friend, whose family owns chic's marina sent me this picture this afternoon... and I looked at the algonquin camera this AM and that "wet" spot looked like black ice, but I dont know...she said this was open water.

Its frozen.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline crazyforfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4282 on: Jan 14, 2015, 07:45 PM »

Im going there tomorrow Ill post a review of the ice.
randy

Offline blt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4283 on: Jan 14, 2015, 07:54 PM »
Huddle just set up last night.  Not more than 1" on it.

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
« Reply #4284 on: Jan 14, 2015, 08:32 PM »
I was sent a picture of a guy on Huddle today with an auger, he told my friend who owns a local motel there is 3 inches on Huddle late this afternoon..just not sure where the pic was taken on the bay though...Barebow

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4285 on: Jan 14, 2015, 08:34 PM »
Huddle just set up last night.  Not more than 1" on it.

yeah I figured that...It should have 5" by sunday tho given tonight's temperature, and friday nights temps. I would assume anyways?

Offline blt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4286 on: Jan 14, 2015, 08:46 PM »
South of Hiawatha is what has been frozen.  Sweet Briar and Leontine is what just froze last evening. 

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4287 on: Jan 14, 2015, 09:43 PM »
I was sent a picture of a guy on Huddle today with an auger, he told my friend who owns a local motel there is 3 inches on Huddle late this afternoon..just not sure where the pic was taken on the bay though...Barebow

beautiful

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4288 on: Jan 15, 2015, 06:20 AM »
With the cold temps, I would think you would see steam rising off if it were water and not ice. 

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4289 on: Jan 15, 2015, 07:09 AM »
its ice for sure. You can see it clear as day today through the algonquin live cam cause its straight out.

http://webcam.thealgonquin.com:8080/mjpg/video.mjpg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.