New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346831 times)

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #3000 on: Feb 07, 2014, 11:24 AM »
yea im gonna go back out there soon at some point. I got a few reflective markers im gonna stick where the hole is. I crossed the crack for a few hours that day and there was a lot of slush under the snow but I had no problems. then I decided to walk to the right a few fert and went in,its not a huge hole but it is big enough to swallow a person. I should of nown better with all that slush that something wasnent right. im gonna spud it out next time to.

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3001 on: Feb 07, 2014, 11:26 AM »
Yes they are for sure in English brook and north west brook and a couple more.I have never got one out of the lake.But i've heard of people getting them.  :) As far as I know rainbows have not been stocked in Lake George or the tribs in years. I am pretty sure those are wild rainbows whose ancestors were stocked years ago. All the trout stocked in the tribs I know of are brookies. Every now and then you can get a nice one, rainbow, that run up the streams in the spring. Sometimes you can luck into one in the lake. There are some wild browns in some of the streams also.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3002 on: Feb 07, 2014, 11:28 AM »
my friend got a 21 inch brown in a trip 2 years ago! i didn't believe it till he showed me a pic. they r there just very rare

Offline jerseyjunk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3003 on: Feb 07, 2014, 01:16 PM »
Does anyone know exactly where the salmon are being stocked these days?

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3004 on: Feb 07, 2014, 02:00 PM »
The salmon have been stocked in the lake for quite a while now. Encon would dump them in. The little salmon would get hammered and then guys started putting them in boats to try and spread them around the lake. Everybody has a theory why they aren't doing well but no one know for sure. I have a theory which probably makes no sense but here it goes. If you take a wood duck nestling out of its nest and place it on the ground it will not live. They have to make a jump from a certain height for them to start to feed. They are pre programmed genetically so that all wood ducks will nest at a height that is safe from predators. When they first tried to stock wild turkeys they tried to raise them like pheasants in a hatchery but none of turkeys released would survive. That's why they started the trap and transfer. For some reason the wildness they needed to survive would disappear when they were raised in the hatchery.  Since all wild salmon are hatched in streams or rivers maybe they need to imprint on a stream or river for them to go in the survival mode. Mother natures way of keeping salmon that aren't imprinted on a body of water from breeding and screwing up the rest of them. Any way I wish they would figure it out because I sure do miss them. Best fighting and eating fish there is.

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3005 on: Feb 07, 2014, 03:06 PM »
o don't now the distance from the beach to there.lol but I was deff a little north of echo about 100 feet from shore. I think its the crack that runs from Elizabeth island. not 100 percent tho.  look for a set of holes about 10 feet apart. I hope you find it! combsey you now my math is all messed up and I horrible with distance. theres a tiny perm shanty about 500 yards north of where I was. find th that and stay along the shore and you will find my tracks.
There is definitely a pressure ridge off of Elizabeth Island. I had to walk on the Island to get around it. The shore right there is sketchy too. The ridge runs across the lake north of long island.

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
« Reply #3006 on: Feb 07, 2014, 03:12 PM »
Mike304, Ray is still working odd evening hours @ Target, but down to 24 hrs. in partial retirement, some age related health issues, if you knew him from the Peace Pipe, the same type thing...He is living back up there now...    Also Blue MTN. Laker, glad you got out without anything worse happening, we met last year at the 307 ice show....Barebow

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #3007 on: Feb 07, 2014, 04:30 PM »
Lol
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #3008 on: Feb 07, 2014, 04:34 PM »
Looks like I'll be sporting the spud tomorrow in the a.m.  Headed to the Laker grounds.

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #3009 on: Feb 07, 2014, 04:36 PM »
Looks like I'll be sporting the spud tomorrow in the a.m.  Headed to the Laker grounds.

good luck and be safe hit a pond for northerns this afternoon the walk and drifts were not pleasant
Tight Lines and Flags!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3010 on: Feb 07, 2014, 04:49 PM »
like I said its probally the size of me. and im almost as big as a wheeler.lol any luck out there today?

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3011 on: Feb 07, 2014, 04:51 PM »
and hey he was the nicest cop I ever met!

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3012 on: Feb 07, 2014, 05:22 PM »
Soundout to Combsey, Bird and Blue.  Almost time for a rendevous on the Laker grounds.

Offline MJB518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3013 on: Feb 07, 2014, 05:41 PM »
Hey guys.
I put this together to show everyone that might be heading out there this weekend. This is where I fell through.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #3014 on: Feb 07, 2014, 05:47 PM »
How far off from the corner of the camp where you?

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3015 on: Feb 07, 2014, 06:43 PM »
Lol.  We can tell who's been reading the thread.  Nice quote Drew. ;D ;D ROTFL

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3016 on: Feb 07, 2014, 06:48 PM »
just a report about wheeler's on the snow out there. Mine went just fine today. It was a nice surprise. Put up the shappell 3000 and towed that behind the wheeler also. no problem. The hill at hearthstone  you need 4 wheel drive.
Fished out of vets today got 6 keeper perch.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3017 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:06 PM »

If only that sheriff was with you this time.

;D
I love clipboard man

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3018 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:15 PM »

OK
 ;D Ahh the great sport of typing... I mean ice fishing always about who's got the bigger ahh who cares what happened to all the pics. Haven't been on the king a a while and need a feed of the addiction.

Offline mazdaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3019 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:32 PM »
Thank you very much guys for all the info on the pressure cracks and their locations.  Very helpful for us weekend warriors.  Hope the lines are full and the parking spots aren't.  Haha. Goodluck all!!  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3020 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:44 PM »
Any body been to Harris? Was wondering if there is a trail
Broke for wheelers and walkers
Jason

Offline Bassman12804

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3021 on: Feb 07, 2014, 07:47 PM »
On an unrelated but important note, me and my family have experienced an unnerving amount of trespassing on our property this year. Some of our neighbors have had similar issues, yet we are fortunate to have neighbors that look out and notify us of these occurrences. While it can be frustrating to have to navigate south from fa beach with spots of dangerous ice, there is absolutely NO excuse to squat on somebody's private property without permission to try and land a better spot on the ice... end rant.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3022 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:18 PM »
You guys done got the thread locked up on us.  :-\

Thanks for the map MJB.
I walked out with a pile of sticks to mark that crack. It wasn't in bad shape today, but I set a stick in every hole that my spud went through in and around the crack.

Bassman12804,
Thank you for posting here. We will certainly spread the word. Those trespassers make us all look bad. I'm sorry about the issues.  :-\

Tough fishing for me again out there.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3023 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:25 PM »
Its all good..  I think someone wanted to clean some stuff up...   ::)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3024 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:30 PM »
To the flip side of Bassman's story, I wanted to thank the guy who politely asked if he could walk across our property to access the ice before just assuming he could. Guys like him give us a good name.

Offline Bassman12804

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3025 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:36 PM »
I hope no one is taking what I said the wrong way. This is my second year ice fishing and I'm in love with it! Practically every ice fisherman I've ever met out so far has been a real stand up guy. This forum is filled with great information and stories and the last thing I want to do is offend anyone here. Fish on, dudes!

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3026 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:45 PM »
I hope no one is taking what I said the wrong way. This is my second year ice fishing and I'm in love with it! Practically every ice fisherman I've ever met out so far has been a real stand up guy. This forum is filled with great information and stories and the last thing I want to do is offend anyone here. Fish on, dudes!

Not at all, I've had a$$ hats that say "I'm going though he won't mind" while I was standing there and they give people a bad name so when I can promote the 95% of us (use to be 99%) that are good people I always do. The problem is that the people who do not respect property seem to be growing.

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Dont eat the yellow snow... or ice... lmao
« Reply #3027 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Not at all, I've had a$$ hats that say "I'm going though he won't mind" while I was standing there and they give people a bad name so when I can promote the 95% of us (use to be 99%) that are good people I always do. The problem is that the people who do not respect property seem to be growing.
no not at all it was my fault for typing my disbelieve of someones stupid comment... i should have know it would have been locked out... ill pm the person next time for wishing ill fate on a brother sportsman... sorry guys for messing the post up...

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #3028 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:59 PM »
So on a different note.  Who's making it out in the morning?    I'm hoping to hit the lake for a couple hours in the am if I'm not to tired from work tonight

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #3029 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:02 PM »
I'm thinking about going out tonight get on the nite bite dang Insomnia.. Anyone ever have luck at night ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.