New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346757 times)

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #2730 on: Feb 03, 2014, 10:47 AM »
Great pic and congrats on her 1st King laker!
Jake! How come she always gets a bigger fish...I don't understand that. She must be a little more lucky I guess. :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: How is the fish progressing?

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2731 on: Feb 03, 2014, 10:50 AM »
If you're an ice fisherman, most people already consider YOU a redneck...   And anyone who would treat you like that isn't a redneck, they are a jerk.

Also, just like in the rest of life, no need to be afraid to talk to people.   the jerks really are few and far between.  sorry you had to run into people like that.

congrats on your first laker!

So true we are almost all rednecks show some respect and willingness to help were all out there to either get fish or get awat from our wives!

!!FLAG!!

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #2732 on: Feb 03, 2014, 10:58 AM »
Why are people you don't like rednecks?     Do you even know the term?   Don't like farmers?       Your going to meet rude people on the ice and people that don't like people around.  But there are a lot of us around that will strike up a conversation and try to help.  I have stopped fishing to help out people fishing and try to put them on the fish      And I do ( along with some of my friends) concider myself part redneck.     
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #2733 on: Feb 03, 2014, 11:06 AM »
Why are people you don't like rednecks?     Do you even know the term?   Don't like farmers?       Your going to meet rude people on the ice and people that don't like people around.  But there are a lot of us around that will strike up a conversation and try to help.  I have stopped fishing to help out people fishing and try to put them on the fish      And I do ( along with some of my friends) concider myself part redneck.   

Rude people, it doesn't matter if they are on ice or land, they are just Rude People. We should live by the Golden Rule and that would help everyone out there and then we would all  just get along. Redneck or not, and yes I probably have some of that in me. :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2734 on: Feb 03, 2014, 11:22 AM »
Here's a question for the mods. Is there going to be an IS gathering this year I didn't see it as a topic this year? Last year was at mdb any thoughts or ideas for this year jw?
!!FLAG!!

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #2735 on: Feb 03, 2014, 11:37 AM »
I'm gonna have to start leaving her home to work on the fish carving ..... Haha ... .... Oh yeah and 31.75 fish looks healthy as heck ... That's a great catch ... Congrats ...
*REMOVED*

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #2736 on: Feb 03, 2014, 11:59 AM »
combsey your more than part rednek! I met a guy on south bay who try to used  of my holes I drilled for my tip -ups. how lazy can you be that you would use someone elses holes when there 50 feet away! and he was a jerk he told me t f off. so I moved and landed on a big school of crapy so sometimes it dosent pay to crowd people when theres a whole lake with no one on it. you did the right thing and they were just being plain rude to you. keep fishing bud cause youll meet more nice guys than you think! cobseys a perfect example he let me borrow his vex for half a season once. great dude and deff not afraid to spark up o conversation with just about anyone.ol

Offline Eagle Ed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [img]http://i58tinypic.com/2n/c5jc.png[/img]
« Reply #2737 on: Feb 03, 2014, 12:20 PM »
Funny thing about South  Bay (Whitehall is my wife's hometown) and some of the people you meet out there.  I had the same experience of drilling holes for jigging last year on a nice warm day.  Two guys came out from their parked cars and started jigging in holes I had just drilled.  I said "I just drilled those holes and the reply came back - You can't use all of them since you are just jigging!".  I decided to move on the other side of Route 22 and when they saw me catching fish over there they came to join me.  They asked "How come you aren't keeping what you catch?".  I replied "I'm a C & R person to which one replied "I don't care what railroad you work for if you catch anymore fish throw them over to us because we eat everything we catch.".  I continued to return what I caught back in the hole and they kept on complaining.  Finally I decided enough was enough and left.  Needless to say "Most of the people I meet fishing are very nice/helpful people and I have many on the IS website to thank for the success I have had fishing.

Eagle Ed

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2738 on: Feb 03, 2014, 12:47 PM »

"I dont care what rail road you work for"
that's funny.

seriously, what's the deal with whitehall  @)
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2739 on: Feb 03, 2014, 01:25 PM »
who nows. I think its all the inbred hicks.lmao

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #2740 on: Feb 03, 2014, 01:30 PM »
Here's a question for the mods. Is there going to be an IS gathering this year I didn't see it as a topic this year? Last year was at mdb any thoughts or ideas for this year jw?
I think we are planning on meeting on 3/1/14 @ MDB for Jake's Fishing for a Cure tournament instead of having the Extravaganza this year, hope to see you there and support the event. If you need info get ahold of Perchslr or me, will be glad to fill you in. :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2741 on: Feb 03, 2014, 01:33 PM »
Out there now. Most unbelievable ice foshong I have ever experienced.  23 lakers. 14 in the last hour.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2742 on: Feb 03, 2014, 01:34 PM »
Out there now. Most unbelievable ice foshong I have ever experienced.  23 lakers. 14 in the last hour.

thats a north wind for ya.   SLAY'EM !

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2743 on: Feb 03, 2014, 01:34 PM »
hell if someone calls me a redneck i take it as a compliment!i am what i am,i do what i do,don't much who don't like it. like you i will have have helped many out on the ice but have also met the idiots that think because they have jersey plates and jersey money they can do what they want.
help protect and keep our great outdoors clean!

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #2744 on: Feb 03, 2014, 01:35 PM »
What a day! :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2745 on: Feb 03, 2014, 01:57 PM »
Funny thing about South  Bay (Whitehall is my wife's hometown) and some of the people you meet out there.  I had the same experience of drilling holes for jigging last year on a nice warm day.  Two guys came out from their parked cars and started jigging in holes I had just drilled.  I said "I just drilled those holes and the reply came back - You can't use all of them since you are just jigging!".  I decided to move on the other side of Route 22 and when they saw me catching fish over there they came to join me.  They asked "How come you aren't keeping what you catch?".  I replied "I'm a C & R person to which one replied "I don't care what railroad you work for if you catch anymore fish throw them over to us because we eat everything we catch.".  I continued to return what I caught back in the hole and they kept on complaining.  Finally I decided enough was enough and left.  Needless to say "Most of the people I meet fishing are very nice/helpful people and I have many on the IS website to thank for the success I have had fishing.

Eagle Ed

LOL Whitehall!
Look up Guilder on Wikipedia.  The description matches the people you described from Whitehall.

They seem to be congregated up there.  I think it has to do with eating all the fish in South Bay.

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #2746 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:08 PM »
Out all day off pk lots of chasers not a lot of takers had a few bite on the way up but not hard enough to get caught better luck next time..the jealousy is almost overwhelming... Someone get out with me and help me get these fish.. I swear if I tried any harder I would have to crawl off the ice from exhaustion... Are you guys really getting 25 a day ?? That's UNbeliveable... I had like 4 bites all day all in about 80 ft of water and all on the silver pimple.. Buddy came over and let me use his vex we were marking fish all day lots of chasers but I just don't know what's up.. I would have at least liked to hook on even if I lost it on the way in

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #2747 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:15 PM »
I got a buddy that would love to meet you with that comment.   And I eat fish out of South Bay.      Ignorance is in the person not where they live.   

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2748 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:18 PM »

Wooo!  It's hard enough gettin through work after a three day trout bender and now this.. Ug. I may have to use more PTO. 

Offline Brower07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2749 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:19 PM »
Well I just typed for the last 15 minutes explaining how I caught my first two lakers jigging saturday, but it said someone replied when I was writing and it deleted my novel. Long story short, buddy's father taught me, i caught two 24" and about 29"

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2750 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:27 PM »
Out all day off pk lots of chasers not a lot of takers had a few bite on the way up but not hard enough to get caught better luck next time..the jealousy is almost overwhelming... Someone get out with me and help me get these fish.. I swear if I tried any harder I would have to crawl off the ice from exhaustion... Are you guys really getting 25 a day ?? That's UNbeliveable... I had like 4 bites all day all in about 80 ft of water and all on the silver pimple.. Buddy came over and let me use his vex we were marking fish all day lots of chasers but I just don't know what's up.. I would have at least liked to hook on even if I lost it on the way in

I wonder if a ten fish day is even possible without electronics? I had my best trout day ever with 7 iced yesterday at the spot.  Before that I was very happy with a 2-4 fish day.  I also believe there is some inflated numbers especially with sizes.  I guy from work said he got a 8 lber.  It was only 24". Maybe..  Same with bass fishing everybody has caught a five pounder LOL.  Next guy that tells me he caught a five pounder my response will be ya right.  I only trust serious fisherman now.
There was a  supposed 23.5 incher posted here with a pic and I don't buy it for a second.

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2751 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:29 PM »
Well I just typed for the last 15 minutes explaining how I caught my first two lakers jigging saturday, but it said someone replied when I was writing and it deleted my novel. Long story short, buddy's father taught me, i caught two 24" and about 29"
You just hit post twice it would have posted.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2752 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:41 PM »
I wonder if a ten fish day is even possible without electronics? I had my best trout day ever with 7 iced yesterday at the spot.  Before that I was very happy with a 2-4 fish day.  I also believe there is some inflated numbers especially with sizes.  I guy from work said he got a 8 lber.  It was only 24". Maybe..  Same with bass fishing everybody has caught a five pounder LOL.  Next guy that tells me he caught a five pounder my response will be ya right.  I only trust serious fisherman now.
There was a  supposed 23.5 incher posted here with a pic and I don't buy it for a second.

its the same thing with the perch on the lake.   "i got a limit of 13"ers", and his bucket isn't even full  ::) 

its kind of funny though...your talking about inflated numbers, and you don't even use a flasher?   7 without a flasher seems pretty inflated to me... ;D

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2753 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:41 PM »
I got a buddy that would love to meet you with that comment.   And I eat fish out of South Bay.      Ignorance is in the person not where they live.

Lol I forgot some of these ;)

It's just my preference to not eat fish that are exposed to PCB's.  Don't get me wrong I've eaten plenty of eyes out of there but my wife likes fish too so I'm very careful now with what I serve.  Basically panfish.
It's pretty sad reading the NYS fish advisory.  Women and children advised to eat no ADK fish.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #2754 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:42 PM »
Inflated numbers.    Yup.  Your right that puts your 7 at a true 2 ?     Sorry that you can't get good numbers so that means other people can't.     I have seen first hand Jon ny and icewander hit double digets and I'm feet away with only 2 for the day      Presentation is key   Finding the right water is something to not all of the lake holds good number of fish.     My 27 incher only weighed 6 lbs on my scale

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #2755 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:44 PM »
The advisory is for all body of waters in ny all spieces for women under 50 and children

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2756 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:45 PM »

its the same thing with the perch on the lake.   "i got a limit of 13"ers", and his bucket isn't even full  ::) 

its kind of funny though...your talking about inflated numbers, and you don't even use a flasher?   7 without a flasher seems pretty inflated to me... ;D

Ahem you taught me how to use my FL-18 Vex on Schroon.  Now I need a lesson on getting 13" perch ;) ;)

Won't say my name but I'm Jimmy's buddy...

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2757 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:46 PM »
Ahem you taught me how to use my FL-18 Vex on Schroon.  Now I need a lesson on getting 13" perch ;) ;)

Won't say my name but I'm Jimmy's buddy...

;D ;D ;D ;D @) @) @) @)

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2758 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:48 PM »
some people just cant stand being outfished! ive seen combsy pull 18 and I put 17 on the ice 40 feet from eachother. its all about presentation and being in the right spot at the right time. boy that ice is hard! I really need to get a power auger! I was drilling holes for 3 people the other day and I was beat!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2759 on: Feb 03, 2014, 02:53 PM »
I fished for years without electronics. you can put up big numbers but it takes a lot of luck and concentration. my best day blind was 8. and that's after some guys felt bad that I hadn't caought a single fish alday and showed me where they where fishing and let me and a buddy use there old holes. if you don't believe guys r putting up double digits then your just ignorant or jelouse!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.