New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346686 times)

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #2580 on: Jan 30, 2014, 04:59 PM »
I just went into my play store and searched "Navionics" on my phone. It came up first on mine.  ???

What a time we have come to. Dude's snapping selfies on a frozen lake. Well done man!
I want to see a good set of duck lips with the next trout Jeff! :o ;D

Now that's funny!
I love clipboard man

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2581 on: Jan 30, 2014, 05:07 PM »
Had a conversation with Tony at 307 and another guy at Pilot Knob. Some thief hit a bunch of shanties, cut the locks or broke the doors. They believed they used a snowmobile at night. Please keep a watch and call Encon if you hear or see something.   

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2582 on: Jan 30, 2014, 05:13 PM »
Duckface?????????? Cmoonnnn Maannn. We should install a iceshanty law prohibiting the posting of any duck faces. Iv been dropping facebook friends like flys for just that. On another note. Way to go wanderer you always seem to get on them. As bad as I would love to get out there for them this weekend my girlfriend is having surgery tomorrow so ill be out for the weekend. But I might sneak out solo on Monday. Not that I don't love fishing with my buddies but im looking forward to going without them. They have slowed me down and made me late two weeks in a row now(cough cough sorry shipoffools cough cough). Something tells me after 48 hours of the "mother in law" staying with us ill need some fish therapy on Monday.

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2583 on: Jan 30, 2014, 05:25 PM »
Duckface?????????? Cmoonnnn Maannn. We should install a iceshanty law prohibiting the posting of any duck faces. Iv been dropping facebook friends like flys for just that. On another note. Way to go wanderer you always seem to get on them. As bad as I would love to get out there for them this weekend my girlfriend is having surgery tomorrow so ill be out for the weekend. But I might sneak out solo on Monday. Not that I don't love fishing with my buddies but im looking forward to going without them. They have slowed me down and made me late two weeks in a row now(cough cough sorry shipoffools cough cough). Something tells me after 48 hours of the "mother in law" staying with us ill need some fish therapy on Monday.

LOL. Whenver my mother in-law is around I immediatly think of Pink Floyds "Run Like Hell"

Offline ejp419

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2584 on: Jan 30, 2014, 05:40 PM »
Well, spend my 1st day on Lake George ice today. Went off Pilot Knob. First hole we landed on Lakers. My buddy caught a 24.5 and a short. I ended up catching 2 shorts 19 and 21 inches. Had 3 more jigging. Messed up at the end of the day on a tip up. Has a really good one at the hole, but due to my laziness the hole had frozen over and I couldn't get him/her thru the hole I had. Had the jaw right in my hand. Decided to let her go and try to break the ice. I let a little line out and grab the 15lb flourocarbon leader. It snapped almost instantly!! Lesson learned. Don't get lazy and let your holes freezer over too much!!! Man that ice was making some noise. I ridge opened up about a foot. Definately adds more excitement to the day!! Had a lot of lookers but I guess I gotta work on my technique........ I'll be back........soon!

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2585 on: Jan 30, 2014, 06:01 PM »
Gonna be on the King all day tomorrow!    ;D

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2586 on: Jan 30, 2014, 06:14 PM »
Very nice fish Jeff. Was able to put up a goose egg myself this afternoon off ft. Ann beach didn't wander to far but didn't have to many chasers. That pressure  crack will get interesting now but guys still taking quads over. Just use some caution. Fishingameguy  measured 8 in and managed To land 4 not to bad for his first attempt at jigging lakers through the ice. Just wasn't my night

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2587 on: Jan 30, 2014, 07:36 PM »
        Thanks guys, my arms aren't long enough to do good selfies, maybe I should carry a mirror then I'd have great pics.  ;D

In the pictures you posted, you look a lot like Clint Eastwood with them shades on!   :thumbsup:

Congratulation on a great day IW.  :clap:

WS

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #2588 on: Jan 30, 2014, 08:22 PM »
Well, spend my 1st day on Lake George ice today. Went off Pilot Knob. First hole we landed on Lakers. My buddy caught a 24.5 and a short. I ended up catching 2 shorts 19 and 21 inches. Had 3 more jigging. Messed up at the end of the day on a tip up. Has a really good one at the hole, but due to my laziness the hole had frozen over and I couldn't get him/her thru the hole I had. Had the jaw right in my hand. Decided to let her go and try to break the ice. I let a little line out and grab the 15lb flourocarbon leader. It snapped almost instantly!! Lesson learned. Don't get lazy and let your holes freezer over too much!!! Man that ice was making some noise. I ridge opened up about a foot. Definately adds more excitement to the day!! Had a lot of lookers but I guess I gotta work on my technique........ I'll be back........soon!

Not a bad day either way, that's fishing for ya!

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
« Reply #2589 on: Jan 30, 2014, 08:43 PM »
Great job Wanderer, I think I am banging in at work tomorrow, and will spend the day between the lakers and perch...Barebow..

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2590 on: Jan 30, 2014, 09:07 PM »
well played wanderer! So glad to see the pros doing the pro thang!
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #2591 on: Jan 30, 2014, 11:15 PM »
ncie job jeff, ice looks great, hopefully make it down next week! you think my Subaru can make it at hearthstone?
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2592 on: Jan 31, 2014, 02:30 AM »
Way to go Ice!  :thumbsup:

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2593 on: Jan 31, 2014, 03:15 AM »
Nice fish Jeff.

Offline captin bill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2594 on: Jan 31, 2014, 03:18 AM »
pic was fine  ;D think I know that island in the background bet you won't be alone long @)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2595 on: Jan 31, 2014, 05:44 AM »

Thanks guys, I only take pics because there are a few people on here question the numbers of fish that we catch, I didn't take a pic of every fish, I didn't want to keep the fish out of the water too long, and my camera was getting slimmed up. It was a great day to be out on the ice, being out there is peaceful, even with the occasional 4 wheeler going by. The ice where I was is 8+", nice and clear, I tried to get some pics of the fish coming up but it was hard to do, I lost a fish doing it so I gave up on that. Good luck out the today a this weekend. I'm sure the lake will be overrun with fisher people, and the winter carnival starts this weekend.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #2596 on: Jan 31, 2014, 06:06 AM »
Was going to take the weekend off but going to hit vets on Saturday.      Going to get some eyes today
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2597 on: Jan 31, 2014, 07:46 AM »
Wanderer you definitely have that place on lock down! I am not surprised!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2598 on: Jan 31, 2014, 11:33 AM »
Fished between forest bay and friends point today.. Theres a perch bed about 25' deep even with friends point and the point between forest bay and bay B. I was east of the perch bed in deeper water out in the middle of the lake with lines at 70-100' with suckers on them. 1 tip up had a 6/7" dead sucker on it. I was told a dead one on the bottom typically takes a big laker..

I also jigged using, swedish pimple (white), a glow chartreuse piece, and also a jighead with a white minnow, red eye with swim bait tail.. all with a variety of techiniques.. working it up the water column, steady retrieve, twitch twitch reel slack, 1 twitch 2 twitch 3 twitch.. bounce the bottom..

My rig is exactly what Jager suggested..jig set up,  8lb fire line, 6' of 15lb seaguar fluoro,...
I do not have a vex and was hoping to just be irratic and trigger bites

I CAN"T CATCH A GOD DAMN THING!!!!!

WHY?!@!
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2599 on: Jan 31, 2014, 11:39 AM »
I thought i would also add, i went out at 7:45 because my usual access did not have good ice so it took me a while to get out on the ice.. fished from 7:45-11:30.. going back out now.. Hopefully i have a different story to tell tonight... On bright side, I Did meet a nice fella Terry today from TIconderoga.  :tipup: :'(

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2600 on: Jan 31, 2014, 11:47 AM »
            Did any 1 read this article about ice fishing in the Times Union on Sunday. TC5 and I and Jon ny and his friend Austin were in the article.

http://m.timesunion.com/local/article/Ice-fishing-on-Lake-George-is-a-frosty-thrill-5173580.php 
I was coming off the ice that day and that lady was taking pics of us. Saw the press tag around her neck but didn't know what newspaper she was from. I guess we didn't make the cut :(

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2601 on: Jan 31, 2014, 11:52 AM »
catchnofish:  I think you are finding out why some folks don't like to use tip ups.  Once they're in, you don't want to move.  If you stick to just jigging until you find some fish, then put your tip ups in, you might be better off.  My own experience fishing for lake trout is usually hit or miss.  Also, once you find a good spot, then maybe you won't need to move around as much and can put the tip ups out when you arrive.  Don't get discouraged, the list of lakes where I can get skunked grows every year and yes, Lake George is on the list!

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #2602 on: Jan 31, 2014, 12:16 PM »
Getting skunked is just part of the game I'm terrible at fishing for trout so I stick to what i know pike and perch although all the laker talk really gets me jealous.. One of theses day I guess

Offline adksmitty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2603 on: Jan 31, 2014, 02:43 PM »
Need to get out . If not , your not fishing . Just watching. I sure need to get out. Way past due. Have not got my line wet yet this year.Dam work.

Offline IcemanADK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2604 on: Jan 31, 2014, 03:18 PM »
Getting skunked is just part of the game I'm terrible at fishing for trout so I stick to what i know pike and perch although all the laker talk really gets me jealous.. One of theses day I guess

Once you go laker, you never go back.
Okay, deep water crappies are almost as exciting. But nothing beats the chase of a laker, especially from Lake George.
"As I grow older, I've come to suspect that I have got it backwards, and that life, at its best, is a metaphor for fishing and writing. Or perhaps neither side of any metaphor is finally dominant, the one inextricably tied to its contrasting likeness, no longer merely a point of comparison but yoked in a new existence to its other self."
Wayne Fields

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2605 on: Jan 31, 2014, 03:20 PM »
Okay.. Days over.. no fish... totally sucks to be me.. but theres tomorrow and Hopefully the lakers are hunkering down for the night right where i'm going to be in the morning. Pee'd my pants twice today when some ice boomers rattled my bait bucket just beneath my tookas. Puckered up tight! ;D ;D

Offline adksmitty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2606 on: Jan 31, 2014, 03:28 PM »
Put them to bed. Get there early. Start the chase.  Look for red. And then Fish on !

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2607 on: Jan 31, 2014, 04:59 PM »
Perch were bittin this AM out of vets. Hawkeye and I each limited out. Petey you should have been there!

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2608 on: Jan 31, 2014, 05:05 PM »
Anybody gonna be out around Hearthstone/Green Harbor area in the AM? I'm gonna get a few hours of laker jigging for the first time this year. I'll be sans shelter in a grey and red striker suit sittin on a white bucket. Stop and say Hi.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

JJ

« Reply #2609 on: Jan 31, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Went out and met up with some friends around noon, set my buddy John up with one on my fishfinders and he hooked into a nice 24" laker in less then 10 minutes.

I started fishing and moved around a little and settled on a nice pod of fish, picked up several in a couple hours, lost a couple others.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.