New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346708 times)

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #1890 on: Jan 14, 2014, 12:10 PM »
I agree, Jamie.  Well said indeed.  For those who don't know it, there is no hurry.  Ice cold weather is on the way and she'll be sown up tight in a couple days.  Also, this is still early....Jan. 23 is avg. fishing date according to the 'Old Timers'.

Yep I heard the Jan. 23 thing at fish 307 yesterday too.  I think we were just spoiled by the early ice this year.

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #1891 on: Jan 14, 2014, 02:43 PM »
We went to Bolton landing yesterday. 3 lakers. Two 24" and a 26 3/4". Perch bite was bad. Hope it`s better tomorrow.
Master Laker taker.

Offline Izayahhh12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1892 on: Jan 14, 2014, 02:47 PM »
Pike bait^
Flags up and tight lines!

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1893 on: Jan 14, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Most years the ice is just coming on so be patient the good ice will be back.And then game on. ;D

Offline adksmitty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1894 on: Jan 14, 2014, 06:10 PM »
Hey ice trapper me and my buddy josh were the ones out there fishing near you guys! I believe you talked to josh at one point yesterday. How'd you do after we left?
will need to get sometime before the ice is all gone.
Smitty

Offline adksmitty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1895 on: Jan 14, 2014, 06:23 PM »
And one more thanks. To all the guys that let me meet up or tag along last year. Had fun. Just waiting for my time this year. Thanks guys.

Offline Billygarrison91

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1896 on: Jan 14, 2014, 09:27 PM »
Thank you all for the concerns! As die hard as I am to be out fishing I didn't go! I start classes up again in a week so I'm just patient haha if I could be out everyday I would be. I don't have more than one or two buddies to fish with so if any of you are looking for or wouldn't mind a tag along I would love to join. I love learning from veterans. My grandfather taught me a lot but he is getting older now and it's too cold for him to go out. I enjoy fishing with the "old timers" for that reason! I am very respectful and am more than happy to share anything I have. I thank you all for the information and all the beautiful pictures and I look forward to what hopefully turns out to be a good season (: and then on to Spring steelhead in Pulaski woo hoo lol

My email is [email protected] or I can be contacted on here. this site is awesome so I do check it daily 👍

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1897 on: Jan 14, 2014, 09:42 PM »
Thank you all for the concerns! As die hard as I am to be out fishing I didn't go! I start classes up again in a week so I'm just patient haha if I could be out everyday I would be. I don't have more than one or two buddies to fish with so if any of you are looking for or wouldn't mind a tag along I would love to join. I love learning from veterans. My grandfather taught me a lot but he is getting older now and it's too cold for him to go out. I enjoy fishing with the "old timers" for that reason! I am very respectful and am more than happy to share anything I have. I thank you all for the information and all the beautiful pictures and I look forward to what hopefully turns out to be a good season (: and then on to Spring steelhead in Pulaski woo hoo lol

My email is [email protected] or I can be contacted on here. this site is awesome so I do check it daily 👍

I would gladly ice fish with you, as I do not have very many hard water friends to go with either.

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1898 on: Jan 14, 2014, 10:16 PM »

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #1899 on: Jan 15, 2014, 08:32 AM »
Yeah I took a ride at 4 am all the way to schroon.. Only to find that 10 15 ft from the shore is thawed... Can't imagine the shores at lake George... Be careful guys

Offline Catskillbob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1900 on: Jan 15, 2014, 08:34 AM »
Thats just about as bad as waking up at 4am, sneaking in the woods, only to find somone in your deer stand

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1901 on: Jan 15, 2014, 08:36 AM »
It was pretty dissapointing... Ended up goin to Moreau lake and got devo'd

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1902 on: Jan 15, 2014, 10:12 AM »
It's going to be borderline getting on LG this weekend.
5 degrees would make all the difference in the world right now.
I hate to say it. I may just have to head elsewhere this weekend.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #1903 on: Jan 15, 2014, 10:14 AM »
wondering If the lake came up at all? 

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?site_no=04278000

and just down from schroon lake for comparison
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?site_no=01317000

lets throw in lake champlain for good measure
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?04279085

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1904 on: Jan 15, 2014, 10:52 AM »
I won't be back to lg until huddle has a safe shore that's usually my guideline for safeness

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1905 on: Jan 15, 2014, 11:25 AM »
It's going to be borderline getting on LG this weekend.
5 degrees would make all the difference in the world right now.
I hate to say it. I may just have to head elsewhere this weekend.

There is a derby on Adirondack Lake Saturday Jamie.  Pike and Perch awards every hour.

Offline rondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hudson River Salmon
« Reply #1906 on: Jan 15, 2014, 11:31 AM »
Lance am I reading this right ?  319.70
                                                   +   .25 ?

JJ

« Reply #1907 on: Jan 15, 2014, 11:56 AM »
Yes, Ron, looks like it rose about 3"; with no inflowing rivers and a large surface area LG doesn't rise as fast as many other lakes.

Offline rondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hudson River Salmon
« Reply #1908 on: Jan 15, 2014, 12:10 PM »
Thanks Jeff. 3" is nothing in a lake of this size,there was a current running from north to south in deep water on Sun. Seemed like they liked it!!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1909 on: Jan 15, 2014, 12:12 PM »
correct...about 3"   meanwhile other lakes have gone up 1.5+ feet, lake george has only gone up 3 inches.

JJ

« Reply #1910 on: Jan 15, 2014, 12:22 PM »
Thanks Jeff. 3" is nothing in a lake of this size,there was a current running from north to south in deep water on Sun. Seemed like they liked it!!

The currents are interesting out there, sometimes it flows backwards in places. During the summer I've seen a good current headed North near the middle, then turn toward shore south of Shelving Rock and the current is reversed, like an eddy in a river.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1911 on: Jan 15, 2014, 03:04 PM »

Last year we were fishing in about 110' of water, and I had to drill a hole 6' from the hole I was jigging in to see my lure on my flasher. I never saw that before. Sure was weird.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1912 on: Jan 15, 2014, 03:08 PM »
the currents seem to be especially strong in areas near open water or around the narrows.   A few of my perch spots in the narrows had extremely strong, unusual currents last year (so strong you couldn't even get to the bottom with a hali) and were completely devoid of perch...any of the beds that didn't have a strong current had perch as usual.   

just a side note, most of the big lakes have currents of some sort, and alot of small lakes too.   Otsego has an astonishingly strong current during the first few weeks of ice up.    Saratoga and Canadarago surprise me occasionally with odd currents in the weirdest places too.

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1913 on: Jan 15, 2014, 03:10 PM »
            Last year we were fishing in about 110' of water, and I had to drill a hole 6' from the hole I was jigging in to see my lure on my flasher. I never saw that before. Sure was weird.

:woot:

Offline Chase88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1914 on: Jan 15, 2014, 06:28 PM »
I have fished that lake for a long time also and I have never seen currents like last year. I hear you about the flasher, I thought mine was screwed up because my jig kept disappearing.

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #1915 on: Jan 15, 2014, 06:45 PM »
Hit Harris bay today. 2 lakers. 27" and a 28 1/4". No perch. I couldn't stray from the tip up`s to far.
Master Laker taker.

Offline Billygarrison91

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1916 on: Jan 15, 2014, 07:19 PM »
I would gladly ice fish with you, as I do not have very many hard water friends to go with either.

Feel free to get ahold of me anytime! Or I can let you know if I go out!

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1917 on: Jan 15, 2014, 07:50 PM »
Feel free to get ahold of me anytime! Or I can let you know if I go out!

awesome buddy. Hopefully we can get together sometime this season on the king.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1918 on: Jan 15, 2014, 07:51 PM »
Hit Harris bay today. 2 lakers. 27" and a 28 1/4". No perch. I couldn't stray from the tip up`s to far.

How is the ice on Harris? Can't be that good right now??

Offline Billygarrison91

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1919 on: Jan 15, 2014, 08:05 PM »
I was going to ask the same thing smoke lol If it's good enough I'm ping out tomorrow morning around 11am

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.