New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Goodyear Lake - Where to access?  (Read 1014 times)

Offline festus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is Nice
Goodyear Lake - Where to access?
« on: Feb 01, 2007, 01:44 PM »
Can someone give me directions to the state fishing access spot on Goodyear Lake in Otsego County?  I'd be traveling east on route 88 and then north on 28 but I don't know where to go to access the lake.   What sort of fish can I hope to catch there?  Thanks.

-john
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!

Offline kayak2fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Goodyear Lake - Where to access?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2007, 06:54 PM »
You mean Interstate 88 right? What you want to do is get off at Exit 16 and take a right onto Route 7. Follow Route 7 (eastbound) about three miles. You will go through a blinking yellow light. A short distance passed that and on a sharp right-hand curve, take a left onto county Route 35. You will know this is the one because on your left there will be a bunch of old train engines and boxcars just hanging out. Go about 1/4 mile and on your left will be a small road. It is marked by a State DEC fishing access sign on the right hand side of the road. Follow this small road for about an 1/8 of a mile past a bunch of camps and houses and it will end in a parking lot near the lake.
good luck, I'll be out there tomorrow and maybe Saturday!

Offline MACK_USCG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout Assassin!
Re: Goodyear Lake - Where to access?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Hey Kayak!

Unadilla native here but living in MA. Good to see someone so close to home on here! I have a kayak as well. I run a Hurricane Auqasports Palmetto. Its great for down here in Cape Cod on the marshes but too tippy on open water!  Just saying hello!!!

Mack

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.