New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Kasog lake  (Read 1121 times)

Offline yearroundfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Kasog lake
« on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:07 PM »
i was up there today and the weather blown me and my partern off the ice the fishing was slow caught a bass and small gills only fished the morning hours then headed to sandy for the night bite which was a mistake worse weather blown the tent over. the owner of the bar at kasog said he was getting ready to plow a track out on the ice for the race this weekend so if you are looking for a show or want to join the flurry of sleds get up there this weekend.
Jon Sorendo

Offline Central NY Sam

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Kasog lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2007, 05:51 AM »
Jon,

I fished it last winter in late March and couldn't keep the bluegills off my jigs!  Had about 12" of ice then.  FYI- the sled race track is right in front of the bar (where the access is) but there's plenty of water to fish away from the track.

Supposed to be walleye in there as well.

It's a great little lake, with hot food, beer and plenty of parking just off the ice.  Also, lots of nooks and crannies to hide from the wind.
Sam

Offline yearroundfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Kasog lake
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2007, 02:38 PM »
yeah i love it up there. the covert pipe in the back side of the bay was still open, kinda confused me a bit but there was about 10 inches of ice out in front of the bar. no good for driving on i dont think because it was about 3 inches of white 4 inches of sloppy slush and about 3 inches of good black ice. it was the same all over the front bay area.
Jon Sorendo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.