New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Coveville access?  (Read 688 times)

Offline booboo

• IceShanty Rookie
Coveville access?
« on: Jan 31, 2007, 04:30 PM »
Anyone know what the access situation is at Coveville on the Hudson near Schuylerville?  I heard that the field we used to park in now has a house in it and is posted.  :'(

camo_fish

Re: Coveville access?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2007, 05:12 PM »
That does stink, and the owner of the bar doesn't have his sign up this year yet for $$ parking. I stopped down the other day and there was alot of heavy machinery down there and looked like a huge 18 wheel flatbed along where we park our trucks and boat trailers during the open water.

But, if y ou stop in one afternoon or evening at the bar for a drink or burger, just talk to the own. Ya never know what he'll say if you just ask.

Offline booboo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2007, 06:18 AM »
Thanks.  I remember the bar charging a couple bucks to park but we never had to, just parked at the edge of the field and walked across.  Haven't been there in a couple of years.

Offline Gas_Auger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2007, 06:35 AM »
are they going to have a tourny there this year?  Finally froze enough.  You could always park on the side of route 4 and walk across.  The owner of the bar is a real nice guy, and should let you park.

camo_fish

« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2007, 06:54 AM »
are they going to have a tourny there this year? 
Nope, don't thing so. I know a lady that bartends there and I've asked about the tourney and the owner hasn't said a word about it. She makes up the flyers every year and no flyers this year.

If there is going to be one, I'll let you guys know.  8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.