New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Tupper Lake NY  (Read 1018 times)

Offline MikePL

• IceShanty Rookie
Tupper Lake NY
« on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:20 PM »
went to tupper lake last weekend. it was completely locked up. fished for 3 days and didnt get much luck. only about 5 pike throught the whole trip. it was very cold. -18 F. ice was very thick about 10". i was wondering if anyone knows any other good lakes with big pike in the airdocks. or any good lakes in vermont. trying to figure out where my next trip will be.

thx

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tupper Lake NY
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:09 PM »
There are big pike taken out of the Great Sacandaga frequently. Many years ago the world record was taken out of there. Although it is no longer the world record, that fish still stands as the NY record and, I believe, American record.

Offline Mr. Fix It Dan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Where's The Ice
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:32 PM »
what kind of fish are people fishing for on tupper lake? is there perch in the lake? is the ice thick enough for a four wheeler?

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2012, 03:03 PM »
there are lake trout, walleye and pike in there and they all get big!!! unfortunately it can be and most times is a slow lake.
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2012, 12:50 PM »
Check out Stark heading towards Potsdam...Haven't fished it through the ice but I've always had good luck there for nice pike during the spring and summer.

Offline adkmtnman76

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • summer beauty!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2012, 03:26 PM »
don't listen to nypike  they r all small in tupper lake ;D ;D

Offline leclairro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:21 AM »
adkmtnman76 is right, this whole region is really bad for ice fishing, Tupper, Brant, Lake George, very small fish, very slow bite, you're better off going down south or out to the western portion of the state  ;)

Offline adkmtnman76

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • summer beauty!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:59 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.