The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Metro Panfish  (Read 939 times)

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
Metro Panfish
« on: Dec 27, 2017, 04:26 PM »
Last Thursday I got out in the Metro for a few hours with a buddy. We went out in the afternoon about 2 hours before Sunset and stayed for a few hours after it got dark. With the Sun up we punched a lot of holes, camera'd them and were able to find some thick weeds holding some good sized Sunfish. We fished those for a little bit and then pulled our shacks out a mile to a major piece of lake structure only to find that it was holding ZERO fish. On the way back to our launch point we stopped to check out a deep hole and found the larger Crappies to be roaming the edges suspended in the upper half of the water column. Big tungsten jigs with large plastics seemed to trigger their interest and get them to bite.

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Metro Panfish
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2017, 08:56 PM »
Well done, it's good to see some nice size panfish in the Metro.
Don't try to change me, my wife said that's her job.

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
Re: Metro Panfish
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2017, 11:03 AM »
Well done, it's good to see some nice size panfish in the Metro.

Although not easy to find anymore, if you try new lakes and cover a lot of ground there is still some quality in the Metro but you'll likely have to sort through a decent amount of fish to see them. I wish more folks in the Metro practiced CPR on Sunfish over 8.5" and Crappies over 12".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.