The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: LOTW Suggestions  (Read 1690 times)

Offline fishonthebrain

• IceShanty Rookie
LOTW Suggestions
« on: Dec 24, 2017, 07:55 AM »
Looking at heading to LOTW and rent sleeper shacks the end of January. Any suggestions on accommodations? Been to Arnesons a few times, but was thinking of changing things up. Would Rainy Lake be a better option?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: LOTW Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2017, 08:12 AM »
Might want to post this on your state Site. There is going to be a lot of people in the General section not knowing what or where you are talking about. Like Me .
<===Lefty===

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2017, 09:25 AM »
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2017, 03:16 PM »
My wife and I did a trip in late Feb 2015 to LOTW thru Zipple Bay. We did the 2 fish house package, the sleeper was in shallower water (15ft) for a good early morning and evening bite, then we our other house was out in 30+ft for the mid day bite. We had a good time even though fishing was somewhat slow but that is to be expected for late February I think (we caught 12 fish each day but only 6 total were keeper size)

This year, we are leaving for 2 days on Rainy Lake with Rainy Daze guide service (fishing on 1/13 and 1/14). It will be our first time ice fishing Rainy although I go up there for 4 days of fishing in early October each year

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2017, 09:25 AM »
We stayed in  Lake Of The Woods Outdoorsman  Sleepers last march very nice and I highly recommend him. Jean Paul is a great guy  and will help you anyway he can.  Take some oil there's nothing like a fish fry on the ice.  P.m. me if you have any questions. Mark :tipup:

Offline Jazzy_Rugger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2018, 10:14 AM »
If you are thinking of heading to the angle Flag Island is fantastic!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.