Author Topic: Lake of the Woods Resorts  (Read 974 times)

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
Lake of the Woods Resorts
« on: Dec 30, 2016, 07:18 PM »
Looking at taking a trip up to the LOTW for the first time. What are some great resorts that don't break the bank and that have great service (Don't want it to be a trip that makes me not go back) Looking at February-March and during the week. Looking at staying at resort and in shack during the day. Any info would be appreciated.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lake of the Woods Resorts
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2016, 08:25 PM »
I would recommend Ballards or Borderview. These two are the better of the big resorts up off the Rainy river. I am not a fan of Sportsmans.
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2016, 09:53 PM »
This is something im interested in. Amazing fishery. On my bucketlist to spend a week out there
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2017, 01:56 AM »
I stayed at arnesens resort a couple years ago. The "cabins" you sleep in are range in size and style, but most were double wide trailers or similar. The one we stayed in was freshly redone and was very comfortable. The restaurant bar area was nice and food was great. Fishing was not too shabby either.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2017, 03:25 AM »
I would steer clear of Fred's beds. don't have time to get into it now but it didn't go well. I would also avoid February.  push it off into late March as far as you can. we went early February and we were told by locals that is the worst month.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Look into Lyons Sleepers. Tim and his guys get you on fish. We do the sleeper houses. Normally go day after Christmas but due to schedules this year. Will be heading up in March. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi_teHsj6HRAhUM9YMKHY8TDsoQFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Flyonsleepers.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNGHAsJT8KElI8ZilFgZTZf3Ynlebg
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.