Author Topic: Walleye rod suggestions please..  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Rags777

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Walleye rod suggestions please..
« Reply #30 on: Oct 05, 2016, 04:18 PM »
Thanks, I swear that always happens to me, as soon as I find the perfect something, they quit making it...

<°)))>{

Found them! Out of stock though? I'm think8ng they might not be in for season yet? Either way the FE 50 with the evo grip looks like an upgrade with a 4bb real for same price as pro guide! I love mine!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 05, 2016, 05:20 PM »
Seen earlier. Today the 13 fishing white out rods at gander reg price of 39.99 sale price of 19.99 but the discounts not showing up in the cart for some reason.. just a heads up it is a on line only deal to by the way I think today only to.. the medium 28 inch might fit what your looking for if not discounted I would not buy..

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Oct 05, 2016, 05:37 PM »
Seen earlier. Today the 13 fishing white out rods at gander reg price of 39.99 sale price of 19.99 but the discounts not showing up in the cart for some reason.. just a heads up it is a on line only deal to by the way I think today only to.. the medium 28 inch might fit what your looking for if not discounted I would not buy..
Not all the rods are being discounted. Only a select few.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Oct 05, 2016, 06:36 PM »
Not all is correct.. not a one was shown earlier .. and the way it said it in my e mail was all of them..

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Oct 05, 2016, 06:52 PM »
Not all is correct.. not a one was shown earlier .. and the way it said it in my e mail was all of them..
I just ran it through on the ones that were marked on sale and it went through ok ,it did say 14 different rods and and now it's down to 9 ,recount now 6 , I posted at about 1:15 AM ,so I'm not even sure when the sale was posted or I may have over looked it , does say availability in store and online just under the white out rod
Sorry you missed out CW

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Oct 05, 2016, 08:18 PM »
I just ran it through on the ones that were marked on sale and it went through ok ,it did say 14 different rods and and now it's down to 9 ,recount now 6 , I posted at about 1:15 AM ,so I'm not even sure when the sale was posted or I may have over looked it , does say availability in store and online just under the white out rod
Sorry you missed out CW

I did not miss out tried finding it for ice scratcher.. I have plenty of rods lols don't need any more..

Offline wifisherman4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Oct 06, 2016, 08:38 AM »
If you have the money, Tuned Up Custom Rods Precision or Power Precision gets my vote.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 31, 2016, 04:29 PM »
So for what it's worth...

I ended up buying two Berkeley lightning rods, medium action...

They aren't what I was looking for in a Tennessee handle, but they are mostly cork, and I really like the taper and action on them for a walleye rod.. Fiberglass blanks are what really sold me.. $15 each...

<°)))>{

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Dec 31, 2016, 04:30 PM »
Tucr quick tip if you have the $. 13fishing otherwise.
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 31, 2016, 04:33 PM »
Lightning rod makes a 32" in MH and H.  It's graphite but has all the other features you're looking for.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 31, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Great to hear you got your rods ice scratcher .. now we just need some solid ice on Erie !! Hope we get some deep freeze temps real quick.. so we can use these new items..

By the way was steel heading last night buddy hooked one and  lost same one be for the river we were buy broke loose all the ice from the marina up river.. and lots of ice came down to ware we were that's when we went home around ten pm. But ya that why it called fishing not catching ..

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 31, 2016, 06:36 PM »
Oh for heavens sake, 28-30 inch Medium, properly set your drag, choose the right line, hooks/lures, bait, hold your tongue and mouth just right and you'll do fine.
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 01, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Oh for heavens sake, 28-30 inch Medium, properly set your drag, choose the right line, hooks/lures, bait, hold your tongue and mouth just right and you'll do fine.
[/quote
 :woot: :thumbsup: :clap: ;)2 :whistle: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.