Author Topic: Gulp euro larva?  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Gulp euro larva?
« on: Nov 22, 2014, 05:49 PM »
Ok I hope I am not breaking any rules here. I have ordered euro larva on line before, pretty expensive and do not last that long. Has anyone out there tried gulp euro larva artificial bait? I normally use wax worms because you can't get the euro larva locally. If the gulp stuff works for you all I will give it a try it. Thanks!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline swoab47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Gulp euro larva?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2014, 07:29 PM »
It works.  I personally prefer the Gulp! 1"fish fry.  They have a little tail that adds some action while jigging.  The little 1.5" minnows work well too.  Keep in mind that they are artificial and it helps if you add some action to them.  Don't just let them hang there.  Experiment with different presentations and rigging techniques.  One of my favorite ways to rig a gulp minnow is to thread it on a vertical jig with the tail pointing out to one side.  It makes it look just like a shrimp. ;D

Offline Garnet

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep the lines tight and the flags high.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2014, 07:32 PM »
I've used the Gulp! ascots for years.  They do work, ill give them that.  but i will take the real thing over them any day.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2014, 08:44 PM »
I've used the Gulp! ascots for years.

I've always used regular cotton bandanas. Does the Gulp keep you warmer, or does it cover up your scent, kinda like folks do for deer hunting?  ;D
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2014, 08:18 AM »
I use wax worms, but I like the colored euro larva. Don't know about the ascots, but I do use a cotton bandana for snot.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2014, 10:48 AM »
I have had pretty good success with the GULP! ice baits from jars when the bite was on.  Convenient to not have to keep rebaiting as GULP! is tougher than natural waxies.  When the bite slows I switch back to waxies and can usually dry off a few more.  The natural baits get fish when artificials fizzle out.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2014, 11:58 AM »
Cool. Just saw them in an add. Good to have in your bucket if the pet store is out of lizard food!
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.