Author Topic: Summit report  (Read 550 times)

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Summit report
« on: Dec 29, 2012, 11:15 PM »
Since I am the first to complain that everyone is pretty closed mouthed about Summit, thought I would share a little...... ;D

Hit it at 2:30 today (12-29), found 8 inches of great ice with a couple of inches of snow.  Probably 20-35 other folks on the ice throughout the afternoon, I am sure those IS members will add to this report.

First spot I checked showed 12 feet of water on the topo, but found 5 feet in actual.  I adjusted my location accordingly.

At the new spot, I trolled through about 10 holes and ended up bringing 7 fish home as keepers.....gills and crappies.  Didn't sort at all.

Most were hugging the bottom hard.  If I could get them to rise, they got caught.  If you can't watch your line, you will miss most of the bites.

Cleaned the gills with the Wee One and those with stomach contents looked like chironomids....explain s them hugging the bottom.

Used a version of a Jammin Jig with spikes from Vado's (2000 delivered for $32).

Not sure how I can get more transparent than that.  Hope some of the others fishing Summit will participate in this conversation.

Good luck all!!

ULH

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
Re: Summit report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:36 AM »
 I am all for sharing info. I do it every chance I get.... I may wait a day or two once in a while, but the word gets out. :)

Offline markpolito

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Summit report
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2012, 12:00 PM »
I was out there sat night from around 4pm- 1am  the fish were finiky they wouldn't hardly come off the bottom for nothing, we were the two shappels (4000) and the (shappel 3000) hutted toghether  the north side of the lake produced nothing, moved south bye boat ramp and got a few off the bottom. Not a single walleye on a tip up all night. Good solid ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.