Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607666 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #27720 on: May 15, 2022, 06:40 AM »
Eddie....so very sorry to hear of your Mom's passing  :'(  I'm sorry you all lost time due to covid but am glad you got to spend so much extra time with her since retiring. Hold tight to all your memories and know that she will always be with you. We will be keeping you and your family in our prayers.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27721 on: May 15, 2022, 08:37 AM »
Eddie sorry for your loss, glad you were able to spend so much time lately.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27722 on: May 15, 2022, 10:53 AM »
 Good Day, Eddie adding my condolences and prayer to those already said and extended to you and your family on your mother's passing. May your memories and knowing others are thinking and praying for all of you be a comfort at this sad time.

Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27723 on: May 15, 2022, 11:03 AM »
Sorry about the loss of your mum Eddie.  :'(

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27724 on: May 15, 2022, 11:06 AM »
The lakes are not liquid yet.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27725 on: May 15, 2022, 11:41 AM »
 Hello, currently reading 72 on my balcony thermometer cloudy sky with light wind. I did receive some rain overnight. Mr.Muggy and Moe Humid still hanging around my area of NY.  yesterday afternoon i attended the boy's lacrosse game between Cornwall and Wallkill high schools. the game was played at mount Saint Mary College in city of Newburgh,I assume each team's home field was being used by another spring sport team. the college's field is some type of artificial turf which i thought would give Wallkill the advantage as their home field is also artificial turf and Cornwall's is natural grass. this thought seemed to hold true for the fist half of the game believe the hale time score was 6 goals to 2 in Wallkill's favor. I should also mention Wallkill's overall record going into the game was 13-1 the only loss coming when the team made a trip to play in maryland during Spring break. So Wallkill was undefeated a this season against fellow Ny.section 9 teams. Cornwall started making a comeback in the third quarter and was only trailing by 2 goals entering the fourth /final quarter of the game. the teams exchanged goals and the scored was tied at eight when Cornwall's goal tender and another player were given penalties  while defending against Wallkill's attack. In high school lacrosse the goal tender must serve any penalty given to him so the game clock was stopped and  the goalie quickly remove his jersey and chest protector for a team mate to put on and take his place in the goal.(I have no idea why Cornwall did not have a second goalie) While Cornwall was down 2 players Wallkill score what would be the game winning goal with 6 seconds left to play. Cornwall entered the game with an 8-4 overall record. Cornwall also had to used a time out while the goalie put his chest protector back on to renter the game once the scored goal ended his penalty. Wallkill's record this year is impressive given they lost some of their main offensive players and a high school all-american goalie to graduation. Cornwall lost three high scoring players to graduation. Two positive things for cornwall to take from the game are they were able to compete with the Wallkill team and the teams are in different divisions so the loss did not affect division standing. New York uses high school population to determine a school's class for lacrosse currently
 4 classes (A-D) Cornwall is a class B team and Wallkill is a class C team.

Drifter thank you for the link may the flood waters recede soon.
IFF good to read your arrived safely back to Tennessee. I hope you had help to load/unload the dresser.
Ice Wanderer may the water temp not be to low if anyone has to enter the water to place the dock today.  It must be the busy time of year for your Neighbor's business.
Fish/hunt4ever may your wife have a good recovery/rehab from her Carpal Tunnel surgery. Best to her with the upcoming neck procedure. Glad you had little trouble getting home from tulsa.

May everyone Have a good and safe Sunday.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27726 on: May 15, 2022, 02:35 PM »
Eddie, I’m sorry for your loss of your mom. You and your family are in our prayers.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27727 on: May 15, 2022, 03:13 PM »
Just got in from a run to town for some materials, but not everything I wanted was available

Eddie so sorry to read of Mom’s passing. A prayer for you and family.

Had a welcome couple showers during the dark spell. Now need to surf the net
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27728 on: May 15, 2022, 03:38 PM »

Eddie,
     I want you to know that both  Donna and I are saddened by this sad event. Even though we never met your mom, she had to be a wonderful lady. Prayers are out to you and your families. Take care.

IW and Donna

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27729 on: May 15, 2022, 07:33 PM »
Well got out and fished today temp hit 70 when headed home for air temp, cooler with the slight breeze as we started the day around 55. Water temp was 52 to 56 degrees. Caught a few fish was a good time out, had to find clean water to catch some but did not spend to much time in the muddy water as a buddy said not very many people catching anything down there as they were out there as well.

Some geese with some little ones.

Here is the sauger on the tape.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27730 on: May 16, 2022, 05:36 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....praying everyone is doing as well as can be expected  :(

H2L....happy anniversary to you and MrsH2  :thumbsup:

FH4....congrats on the catch  :clap:

WS....hope you'll be able to get started on your tree work this week  :unsure:

IW....how was work yesterday  ???

Some crazy weather forecast for today, wind/rain/hail maybe even a tornado  :o  guess it will be a wait and see kind of day  :blink:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #27731 on: May 16, 2022, 05:59 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  57* and partly cloudy this am, expecting some severe thunderstorms with hail and strong winds this afternoon, high of 75…maybe a tornado here as well.  Doh!

I would like to Sincerely Thank You All from my family for all of the kind words on my Moms passing, they will be shared with my family later today. Such an amazing group of people, I am deeply honored to be a part of…Thank You All.  :bow:
  My Mom lived a good long life, was an inspiration to us and will be dearly missed…that is for sure.
  My brothers and I are going to go back and meet up with some of the staff at the nursing home we didn’t get to see on Saturday. Several have become an extension of our family and we want them to know just how much they have been appreciated, especially during the Covid lockdowns.

FH4…congratulations on a good outing, nice job!!    :clap:
   Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Good Morning Wally, H2…
  Wally…Thank You, everyone is holding up pretty good, we should have all the arrangements under control today.  :thumbsup:
  H2…Wishing a Happy Anniversary to you and your wife today!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27732 on: May 16, 2022, 06:11 AM »
59* and cloudy.

Eddie, thinking of you and your family.

WW, Thank You, will pass it on to the wife.

Lindsay and Rocky came up yesterday for a few hours.

Got some rain early yesterday morning so didn't water hoping for more, it went around us but today we are to get some much needed rain.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27733 on: May 16, 2022, 06:32 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

53 with a shot at a 70 by the afternoon.

Eddie...Continued thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

WW...Hope the storm guesses all fizzle.

h2l...Congratulations to you both :thumbsup:

I am out the door for an oil change and tire rotation. It appears the lawn is about ready for it's first clip so may do that this fternoon.

I am thinking tomorrow I will start cutting at my oak job. I still won't be able to drive on the lawn for awhile but I will be able to stage the brush and buck up some of the wood.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27734 on: May 16, 2022, 06:41 AM »

Happy anniversary to the H2L team

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27735 on: May 16, 2022, 06:59 AM »
Morning all, 57° and clear here with a forecast of 78 and sunny for the afternoon. The heat finally broke over the weekend, but it looks like we're gonna be back to rain almost every day again after Wednesday.

I was down and out sicker than a dog for a couple days, so I'll have to play catchup on the thread when I have some time. I was finally mostly better yesterday, so I got the boat out and did some fishing. The water level had backed down to a nearly perfect level, and it's running right around 70° so the bite wasn't too bad. I went for a few hours and managed a couple small catfish, a carp, and about half a dozen redhorse. Little man only got one small catfish, but patience isn't one of his virtures when we're drowning worms.  ::)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27736 on: May 16, 2022, 09:26 AM »
 Good Morning, 70 on the balcony thermometer with mostly blue sky and light wind. Like Wallyworld and Eddie strong thunderstorms with hail,high winds and possible tornado forecast for later today. I did have a brief thunderstorm last night. Like Whopper Stopper droped my vehicle off for an oil change and tire rotation.
drifter thanks for sharing the photo of great Slave lake it appears flooding may go on for some time as the lake ice melts and feeds the river.
Wallyworld thank you for mentioning Hunts2long's anniversary.
Eddie good to read all of you are coping well with your mother's recent passing. Nice gesture by your brother's and you to go and thank the nursing home staff.
Hunts2long may you and your wife have a nice day. Happy anniversary to both of you.
Whopper Stopper all the best with starting the oak tree job.
Zcm-82 glad you are feeling better and were able to do some fishing yesterday. Also good to read the heat wave ended.

May everyone have a good Monday. Best to all with fishing plans.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27737 on: May 17, 2022, 04:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A cooler start here this am, 47* and breezy, mid 60’s for a high today. We had some pretty good winds come through yesterday afternoon and a few heavy downpours, but thankfully no hail or tornadoes in the mix.  :thumbsup:

Dave…thanks for sharing the picture, ice out still looks to be a ways off yet! Glad the temperatures are on the rise, hopefully it won’t be too much longer before the boat can get a workout.   :thumbsup:
  Steve…hope things stayed on the milder side down your way as well yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Z…glad you’re feeling better and getting more seasonable type weather! Nice job on the fishing and sharing another trip with your son…that’s what’s it all about!   :clap:
  OG…finding any good deals lately?
  Marv…have a safe day with the saws today Sir, hope everything goes well and you have a good homeowner to deal with!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope you had a good work day before the rains moved in!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…keeping the fingers crossed your garden made it through the storm yesterday!  :thumbsup:
  H2…any plans for a walleye trip this week?

Very busy day yesterday with a few hurdles to deal with, but thankfully everything worked out well in the end.
  Switching gears today and helping out a buddy with a concrete pour. A few of the retirees will be there, and I’m looking forward to seeing them again. They say laughter’s the best medicine and I’m certain there will be plenty of that on hand today… ;D.   Cawfee’s on…

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27738 on: May 17, 2022, 04:55 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 52* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                            Eddie........Have a good day with the retirees at the pour. :thumbsup:
                            Marv.........If you're doing tree work today, I hope it goes well. :flex:
                            H2l...........Happy belated Anniversary to you and Mrs. H2l.  :clap:
                            Wally........I hope the storms that rolled through your area weren't to severe to do any damage to your garden. :unsure: My Sunday job went well,
             We put a floating dock in for a customer and mowed their lawn, put out deck furniture and general readiness for the summer. :blink:
                            Zcm.........It looks like you did pretty well with the fishing, your son will get the hang of it.  :whistle:
                            Steve.......The storms up my way weren't too bad, just a lot of rain, no wind. :blink:
                            Dave........It looks like the ice has a ways to go. :unsure:
                            Yesterday morning around 6:40 I got a call from my #2 son and his serpentine belt went on his truck, so dad off to the rescue. We went and got a
             new belt and in putting it on, he found that the idler pully was seized so back to the auto parts store and got one of those. He got it changed, belt on and on
             his way to work.
                            Not much going on today. if my grass dries out I might get my first mowing in .
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27739 on: May 17, 2022, 05:33 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

50 to start, highs expected to reach 70 by the afternoon. The guessers are hollering rain for this afternoon, odds are they are wrong :cookoo:

Eddie...Just what the Dr. ordered, a day with the guys :thumbsup: Hope the pour goes well :thumbsup:

IW...Good going Dad on the rescue :thumbsup: Yesterday I gave my lawn the first buzz of the season.

WW...Glad the storms didn't put a smackdown on your garden :thumbsup:

Z...Congrats on a good fishing trip :thumbsup:

I  am going to start my oak job in a couple hours. The lawn leading to the wooded area will need some time yet to dry but I will be able to knock a couple trees down and make some noise.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27740 on: May 17, 2022, 05:45 AM »
49* and a little breeze.
 I passed the anniversary wishes on to the wife, thanks everyone.
IW, good of you to help out #2 with the belt.
WS, have fun with the lawn. I am hoping the rain yesterday didn't wash all my seed away.
Eddie, enjoy the day with the "crew". Will be getting the boat out later this week, won't get out until next week. They are saying near 90* this weekend. Talked to a couple guys how have been fishing and not catching. They both say they are not marking any fish, which is pretty common for early season. Both are trolling and trolling too fast and too deep.

The wife had an hour long Zoom call yesterday with her Dr. in NYC. They had her get all the test up here (X-ray, blood work, etc) and sent to them. Dr. Shah went over every thing with us, stopped a couple of the meds she has been taking for a couple years. The wife always feels much better after talking to Dr. Shah, she is one great Doctor. She said they are doing the Zoom calls to help cut down on the travel for those that live a long ways away. After that the wife took Scout to get groomed.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27741 on: May 17, 2022, 06:30 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......a day with the crew sounds perfect  :thumbsup:   minus the work part of course   :woot:

WS.....spent all morning yesterday covering plants, moving things under cover based on forecast......waste of time  ::)

H2L.....glad to hear the zoom report was good  :clap:

Z.....best thing is to not push your son past his patience limit in the boat  ;)2

IW.....good going Dad  :bow:

Ended up getting about 1/4" of rain, a little wind and a few rumbles yesterday, forecast completely over hyped  :cookoo:  rain is falling again right now, no outside plans today  :unsure:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27742 on: May 17, 2022, 10:27 AM »
 Good day ,balcony thermometer reading 65 with partly cloudy sky and light wind (my estimate of wind speed 5-10 mph) Thankfully like others i saw no damage from yesterday's storms. It rained heavy between 4-5 Pm  the sky cleared by 5:30 the sun was in sky. A few local school districts in this area ended their school day early due to forecast and after school activities were canceled. Posting this for my fellow New Yorkers do as you wish ,Covid numbers in NY. have risen 24 percent over the past reporting period the CDC is now recommending wearing of face masks in public places,in 45 of NY.'s 62 counties.I  picked up my SUV earlier now good for another 5 thousand miles of driving with oil change.
Zcm-82 I agree with others comments bring your son but let him decide when to head home except for those rare times when you catch a fish on every cast most young children loose interest quickly in fishing.
Eddie good to read no storm related problems for you listen to my portable radio with weather band yesterday heard your area get mentioned among the reports. may all go well with the concrete pour. It will be good for you to be occupied with the job and not sitting around your home.
Ice Wanderer good to hear your area of NY. did not see any storm damage. Nice work helping son#2 surprised the auto parts store was open that early in the morning.
Whopper Stopper best to you with the tree work today.
Hunts2long may the recently seeded lawn section have not been badly damaged by the rain. One positive of the internet is Zoom calls which as Dr. shah said save patients like your wife who live some distance from the hospital time and money by not having to travel to see her in NYC.
Wallyworld better safe then sorry as they say glad you also saw no damage from yesterday's storms. I had gathered some items myself in case i had the neighbors had to take shelter in our buildings  basement due to a tornado warning.

Have a safe and good Tuesday. Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27743 on: May 18, 2022, 04:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Another cool start this am, 46* and breezy high in the upper 60’s today.

Steve…heard similar reports on this darn virus.  :%$#!:  Glad your area wasn’t hit too hard with that storm either. I think some of the most eastern parts of the state near the Mass border got hit pretty hard.
  Wally…glad your area didn’t get whacked too hard either and you had the plants protected.  :thumbsup:  The job went well yesterday and no need for Epsom salts last night!   ;D
  H2…very good news on your wife with her Dr.  :clap:  Thanks for the fishing update, water temps should be getting close to perfect after this weekend…will be looking forward to your trips soon!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…things went great with the guys yesterday, just what the Dr. ordered for sure.   ;)2.   Hope your day went well also, be careful with the saws today if you’re heading back!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…way to go helping your son, glad you were able to get him up and running quickly, awesome job Dad!   :bow:

Had a very good day yesterday with some of the retirees club, really helped a lot being in their presence…so much so infact that I’m going back for 2’nds  today. 
  Made it to my grandson’s Little League game last evening to boot, they put another notch in the win column..16-5.  ;D
  Time to get moving…today’s project is setting up a concrete pour for a new tennis court…60’ X 100’
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27744 on: May 18, 2022, 04:45 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 45* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          H2l...........I think zoom calling is a good way to have a Dr.'s visit as long as they just have to go over lab reports. :flex: I bet Scout looks
                spiffy. :woot:
                          Steve.......Around here the school canceled all after school activities Monday, We had over an inch of rain. :o
                          Wally.......The storms must have gained moisture and strength after passing you. :whistle:
                          Marv........I hope you made a dent in the tree job. :unsure:
                          Zcm........I agree with everyone's comments, I never pushed my boys to fish, only the oldest wanted to go all the time. But now the three
                oldest are diehard fishermen. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                          Eddie......I hope you and the crew had a good day together, at least it was cooler. :flex:
                          Yesterday I got most of the wood out of the way that #1 brought, will finish it today. I never got to the mowing. I will get to it today.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27745 on: May 18, 2022, 05:36 AM »
Morning all, 56° and raining. Forecast is 72 for the afternoon, and on and off rain through tonight.

Not much on the planner today, did some shooting yesterday since it was calm, and I knew there was a chance of rain the rest of the week.

I usually let little man decide whether he wants to come fishing or not, sometimes he does, and sometimes he doesn't. I have really bad knees and a bad back, so a few hours is normally about all I stay out anyway, whether it's in the boat or on the ice, otherwise I pay for it later.

I usually let him drive the boat a bit too, unless that water is really high or really low, so that always makes it worthwhile for him, even if we don't catch much. He's actually more into outboards than fishing  :roflmao: He doesn't come ice fishing with me much anymore, but he still goes out in the boat quite a bit.

masoneddie - sorry to hear about your Mom.  :(

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27746 on: May 18, 2022, 05:52 AM »
Good Morning ER's  52 on this hill, 67 inside temp, not sure what awaits me today. On thing that had been on my mind for some time was to clean the underside of my riding mower deck.  Much to my surprise I found one of its blades had been installed upside down  ::) Thinking the blades must need sharpening it appears that I had installed new blades.  Will paint the underside, to ward off rusting, actually not in bad shape for a 20 year old deck that in its first year saw daily use.

went to check on a Tractor, but not what I was expecting.  A bit larger than what I think would be a good fit.  And adding the one must have (a backhoe) places it costing, the same as a new machine.  Linda will be off to Florida to pick up her Granddaughter after her graduation today, and will bring her here for a short visit and then onto, Ohio for a visit with Linda's sister and some horseback riding.

Not sure if Jake is the source of something that has taken a liking to me or not but find I have some bites on my arm, thinking possibility of fleas, misquotes, or even spider bites, sure has me itching, will wait a couple days and see if it all passes.

Now that I have furniture in place, will be able to empty a few boxes and let the dust settle.  :unsure:

Have a good day all

Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27747 on: May 18, 2022, 05:59 AM »
A cool 43* this morning, sunny.
IW, Scout looks good but it tires her out, too many other dogs, the bath, the drying, clip her nails, etc.
Eddie, sounds like the team is doing very well. Enjoy the day at "work".
The nephew stopped and spread some insecticide on the new section, have to go water it in this morning. My soil is real sandy and the ants love it.
The wife has a Dr. appt in Albany this morning and then on Thursday is going to her sisters in Rochester for a couple days. She wants to visit their parents grave sites and also catch the end of the lilacs in Highland Park.
Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27748 on: May 18, 2022, 06:27 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

57 to start the day, topping out in the mid 70's

Eddie...Glad to read you had a good day with the retirees club :thumbsup: May today's gathering be another good one :thumbsup:

IW...Good going on the wood making :thumbsup:

WW...Any fishing on the planner?

Bud... Hope you can find the source of the itchies. Fleas would be no good  :whistle:

Yesterday didn't work out as planned. Basically I have 3 large dead oaks to remove back in a wild wooded area. When I looked at the job I knew it was going to take some time, but upon arriving yesterday I didn't recognize the place. The woods around the trees was full of prickly ash, wild raspberry, grape vines, and the largest growth of poison ivy I believe I have ever seen. I called the guy and after a short visit he said he would be happy if I knock the trees down and cut all the limbs and branches into short pieces and leave everything on site. I was counting on the wood but have no interest in wrestling the blocks in the poision ivy.

I was able to get 2 of the trees down and cut up. The last one is the biggest and I want either my s-i-l or my wife to be with when I do it because it is dead as a door nail with sluffing bark. Being it is in a remote area it's not the best idea to be alone if something goes haywire. At any rate I am getting the same money minus the wood. I will probably go back Friday.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27749 on: May 18, 2022, 06:50 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....glad to hear you'll be waiting for company to finish the cutting  :clap:

H2L.....safe travels to MrsH2  :)

IW.....our 4th mowing is on the planner later today  :wacko:

Eddie.....glad you had a good day with the crew, hope today is a repeat  ;D

IFF.....good luck with figuring out the source of the bites  :pinch:

FH4....hope MrsFH is recovering well from her surgery  ;)

Guess this morning we'll start splitting/stacking firewood for a few hours, then on to mowing  :flex:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.