Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1642735 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #27840 on: May 29, 2022, 04:23 PM »
TT...Sorry about your loss

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27841 on: May 29, 2022, 04:45 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

85 and humid, the guessers are saying there may be severe storms with heavy rain possible. Oh, hail too, don't forget that :whistle:

Dave...Nice picture :thumbsup: With the hot muggy stuff here, the ice looks refreshing :thumbsup:

The tree job for my Niece went very well. Her and her husband drug brush like they were stealing it. The job took just under 3 hours and when we were all wrapped up my Niece made BBQ chicken, potato salad and carrot cake cupcakes for desert. Her husband said he doesn't ever want to see another tree  :roflmao:

I ended up with a dump trailer full of chips for some of my Hotas. The wood (basswood) all got hauled to my b-i-l's. Not sure what he's doing with it but I was glad to see he had use for it.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27842 on: May 29, 2022, 10:15 PM »
Well day 2 is in the books and we are around mobile Alabama. Been a long couple of days from plane rides to vehicle rides. Eddie another congrats to the parents to he again. Exciting for all around. Have a good night everyone and a good end to memorial day weekend tomorrow.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27843 on: May 30, 2022, 04:29 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          Happy Memorial Day, Let's take time to remember all the fallen heroes that mase the ultimate sacrifice for our country and our freedom..

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27844 on: May 30, 2022, 05:09 AM »
Morning all,

May everyone have a peaceful day and like IW said take time to remember our fallen heroes  :bow: :bow:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27845 on: May 30, 2022, 05:44 AM »

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #27846 on: May 30, 2022, 06:19 AM »
 Good Morning Everyone,
   :bow:  Happy Memorial Day!   :bow:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27847 on: May 30, 2022, 06:56 AM »
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #27848 on: May 30, 2022, 07:56 AM »
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!! Take time to say a prayer for all of those who gave their lives for our country!! :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27849 on: May 30, 2022, 09:08 AM »
Happy Memorial Day:  will not forget this one.

Well no sleep at all during the dark spell, had the max dumbest attack, yesterday morning changed the mower deck belt, and didn’t put on the bug repellent, and get at least 2 fly bites that left my hand swelling up, itching like there’s no tomorrow.  At 4:30 not only the hand swelling, the skin infection/allergic reaction began moving up my wrist. So off to find the ER and have it looked at.  So not sure if in addition to the he bites, had fired up the weeds hacker and may had gotten into something that doesn’t like me. Maybe I am Allergic to Tennessee  :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :woot:

Given prescriptions for steroid and antibiotic meditations that my guest is on way to get filled.

Crap now my thin skin is tearing open from the swelling,  thinking it’s going to take awhile to get this healed. Hope the doctor is guessing right

Take care all
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27850 on: May 30, 2022, 09:50 AM »
IFF.....sorry to hear of your bites/rashes/swelling  :'(  wishing you a speedy recovery  ;)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27851 on: May 30, 2022, 12:46 PM »
Bud that does not sound like fun at all.
Take care and get well soon.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27852 on: May 30, 2022, 06:10 PM »

Bud wishing you well. Get well soon.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27853 on: May 30, 2022, 06:55 PM »
Finally made it to Orlando. What a drive. Seen some cool things on the way, swung down by New Orleans right at dark last night.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27854 on: May 30, 2022, 07:13 PM »
Any recommendations for a range finder ? Don’t think I would need a1,000 yd. One
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27855 on: May 30, 2022, 10:06 PM »
Good evening hot,humid weather has returned to my section of NY. high near ninety today and still in the seventies outside. I headed down to my sister and BIL's around 2 pm on Sunday had to take a detour for part of the trip not sure if there was a parade or accident which caused the  detour. Nice visit got back home a little after 5 pm today thankfully traffic volume was light on the trip home. I passed by where the NYS Thruway and route17 are close to each other near the NY-NJ. border and could see traffic was already backing up on the South bound lanes of thruway.
Wallyworld thank you for the bird house photos.
Ice Wanderer your region of NY. I'm sure saw an increase in people this weekend as folks open their camps/vacation properties for the Summer season . Guessing you and your neighbor will be busy up until July Fourth.
Hunts2long good to ready Rocky is behaving other then trying to take over the bed. may your brother have fun watching the deer fawn grow.
Whopper Stopp glad things went well with the tree job for your niece and you shared a good meal once the work was completed. Your BIL may want to burn the Basswood this coming Winter I know some people use it in their outside wood fired furnaces.
Eddie be careful removing the poison ivy.
Drifter thank you for answering my question and the photo of launch on Great Slave Lake.
OldSailor may things be good for you and the family.
Fish/hunt4ever good to read you arrived safely in Florida, you do get to see some interesting sights when driving across our country.
IFF sorry to hear about the bug bite reaction may the medications help. Your condition sounds painful especially the skin tearing.

Have a good night
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27856 on: May 31, 2022, 03:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and humid 68* this am, high of 90 forecasted…Doh!  Hope everyone had a safe day yesterday and remembered to keep in mind those who made the ultimate sacrifice for us.   :bow:

Tom…so sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and the family Sir.
  Bud…hope you’re seeing some relief from the medications, my best wishes sent your way for a quick recovery.   :thumbsup:
  Steve…glad you had a nice visit/safe travels to and from NJ without too much of a problem.  :thumbsup:  I only got close enough to that poison ivy to spray it down and put a few stakes in the ground as a caution marker.
  FH4…congrats on the successful trip to Orlando, hopefully the weather isn’t too stifling down there…best of luck with the moving and the return trip.   :thumbsup:
  OS…how’s that garden coming along for you Sir?   :thumbsup:
  Marv…glad all went well for your nieces job, hope you have an easy week on the planner!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Just a quick hello this morning, having another retirees club meeting pool side this morning…stamped concrete deck, lol.
  Will check in later on to see how everyone is doing today…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27857 on: May 31, 2022, 04:22 AM »

Good morning Eddie ER's,
                      It's did I read the thermometer right 73* and clear here on my hill. :o
                      Eddie........Good luck with the concrete pour today, stay hydrated.  :thumbsup:
                      Marv.........I'm glad the tree job went well. :flex:
                      Bud..........That hand doesn't sound too good, be careful of infection. :cookoo:
                      Tom..........I'm sorry to read of your loss, prayers are sent from my family to yours. :(
                      Wally........Today might be a good day to hit the lake. :unsure: :thumbsup:
                      H2l...........It seems dogs like to hog the bed. :whistle: That's not surprising finding a fawn in a brush pile, The Doe knew to hide it well. :blink:
                      Fish..........I hope your trip south doesn't wear you out. ???
                      Yesterday morning I got a text from my neighbor to go do a lawn mowing for a customer, they weren't suppose to be coming up till the middle of June.
             They messaged him that they'll be arriving tomorrow. We also had to put their patio furniture out and remove a dilapidated kayak.
                      Today I have to get some supplies together fo a paint job that I'm doing. One od my DIL's is the head of the Warrensburg Chamber of commerce and
             she asked me to paint her office. I will do that tomorrow and possibly Thursday.
                      I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW   

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27858 on: May 31, 2022, 05:11 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

66 to start, only going up a couple notches for today's high of 68. After yesterdays wild weather, the story here today will be the wind with gusts to 35mph for most of the day.

Bud...Hope the Meds kick in and bring some relief  :thumbsup:

Eddie...Good luck with the pour, have an enjoyable day with the retirees club :thumbsup:

IW...Painting sounds like a nice indoor project :thumbsup: Is the pontoon all ready to go?

WW...Enjoy the day, I imagine you have something planned  :thumbsup:

With the wind not much going on here. I have a tree job to finish and another to look at. I also have to brace and cable a split maple for my s-i-l.

Hope you all have a good day. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27859 on: May 31, 2022, 05:22 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......have a good day with the crew  :thumbsup:

IW.....you've certainly been busy  :flex:

MrC.....glad you had a nice visit and light traffic  :clap:

WS.....another satisfied customer, glad the tree job ended with some good eats  :thumbsup: 

IFF.....fingers crossed the hand is better today  ???

H2L.....looks like some nice weather this week for chasing those eyes  ;)

FH4.....good to hear you made it to Florida safely  :clap:

Both of my granddaughters are on their high school crew teams, this weekend they won the state champioship   :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27860 on: May 31, 2022, 06:24 AM »
58* and sunny.
WW. CONGRATS  to the girls. I am looking at Thurs. to hit the lake.
Eddie, enjoy the "poolside" party. It is going to be a warm one, bring your suit.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27861 on: May 31, 2022, 06:29 AM »
Morning all, just a quick hop in, don't have time to play catchup today. 74° and sunny heading for a forecast of 90 here today. It was 92 yesterday, but it was pretty windy, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Did some fishing every day over the long weekend, but didn't do very well. Never got the skunk, but everything was puny dinks, mostly baby channel cats. I did see the longest water snake in my entire life yesterday, which was cool, even though I am not a fan of snakes at all. Thing was at least 3' long... looked like a chunk of spindly cable swimming across the river.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27862 on: May 31, 2022, 07:51 AM »
Like 80 out side with a high around 91 here in Orlando which is way hot to me. Bud I would still get a long range finder they just seem to work better over all we have the Leopold 1600 yard range finder and use it for archery and all and have had it range from 10 yards to 1200. Now to get everything moving here getting things put away and all. Maybe fishing later on in the week or just rest before the trip home. Guess at home it was 47 and raining so good we got moisture.  Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #27863 on: May 31, 2022, 09:02 AM »
Good morning ER's!! I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable weekend!!  :thumbsup: Eddie, my garden is doing well! I turned over the beds and worked in a bunch of moss. It's now nice and light. Waiting for the carrots to get thinning size, radishes already done. Tomatoes are flowering after I pinched the earlier ones off to allow the plant to get bigger! On another note, I got new replacement hearing aids from the VA and they are so much better than my old ones. I can hear again!!!  :flex: :clap: I hope everyone stays safe and healthy!!! :thumbsup: :flex: :clap: ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27864 on: May 31, 2022, 05:49 PM »
Looks like someone forgot something in the channel at my lake.  ::)
Turns out it belongs to Adrian's dad. If you remember Adrian was my neighbour across the bay at my lake that passed away Easter weekend.
The truck was new too. The family has had a tough couple of months.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27865 on: May 31, 2022, 09:25 PM »
Good evening hot and humid here today with high temperature of ninety on my balcony thermometer. Possible severe weather tomorrow as rain shower-thunder storms move through the area including chance of high winds and large sized hail after the showers/storms i will see cooler weather with daily highs in the seventies.  some of you may remember when i first posted about this back in February of 2021. A 7 year old boy was taken to the local hospital and died  a short time later autopsy revealed he was malnourished. police investigation found the boy had been locked in a bedroom and denied food by his care giver. His older half brother who was appointed administrator of his younger brother's estate has filed a law suit against the Newburgh school district claiming they did not do enough investigating as to why his brother had not been logging into virtual classes and was considered excessively absent. The boy's care giver and father were charged with crimes and to my knowledge found or plead guilty.
Eddie may all have gone well with the stamped concrete deck i hope all of the retired mason's crew was able to stay hydrated and avoid heat related health problems.
Ice Wanderer best to you with the painting  of your DIL's office at the chamber of commerce.
Whopper Stopper may you see better weather soon so all the tree work can be completed.
Wallyworld congratulations to your granddaughter's on being members of the high school state champion crew team.  :clap: :clap: The high school in Newburgh has or had at one time a club level crew team and their is a rowing club in the city of Newburgh.
Hunts2long may things work out and you get onto the waters of GSL on Thursday. I hope Lindsay had a good time with her friends in old Forge and Rocky gave you little trouble other then hogging bed space. while you played dog grandparents.
Zcm-82 nice that you were able to do some fishing over the holiday weekend.
fish/hunt4ever it must be a big adjustment for you to go from cooler temperature and lower humidity of Wyoming to Florida's high heat and humidity. may you get your mom unpacked and setled into her new home. Safe travels wished for you on trip back to Wyoming.
OldSailor good to read things are growing well in your garden. glad the new hearing aids are a big help to you.
Drifter after being recovered from the lake may Adrian's fathers truck be repairable..

Have a good night.  Link for those interested in young boy storywww.recordonline.com
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27866 on: Jun 01, 2022, 04:41 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 59* and partly cloudy here on my hill. A cooler day ahead with rain. ::)
                         Eddie..........How did the pool party go yesterday. :roflmao:
                         Wally..........Congrat ulations to your grand daughters on their championship. :clap: :bow:
                         Dave..........How long do you think the truck has been underwater? ??? It's probably totaled now. :unsure:
                         Marv..........It sounds like you have some work ahead of you with the tree work. :flex:
                         H2l............Tomorro w looks like a good day for the first voyage and hope the fishing is good for you. :clap:
                         Zcm..........I'm glad you got some fishing in even though they were small, it's still fun catching. :blink:
                         Fish...........It's not a good time of year to be in Florida when you're from the north, the temps and humidity are not favorable for us northerners. :%$#!:
                         OS............I'm glad to read your garden is doing well. :thumbsup: I've heard that the "VA" has good hearing aids, a friend of mine got a pair frpm
               them and said they were the best. :flex:
                         Steve........What goes through peoples minds to do that to such a young person. :(
                         Today is office painting day.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy,

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27867 on: Jun 01, 2022, 05:01 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to June!
  Was just about done posting earlier and we had a power failure, Doh!
  Just a quick hello from the not so smart phone…will catch up with everyone later today!
  Cawfee’s on but cooling off quickly!   ;D

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27868 on: Jun 01, 2022, 05:24 AM »
Morning all, 74° and cloudy with lots of lightning off to the southwest here, looking like morning will get pretty nasty for a while.

Not much going on today. Kiddo's last day of school is today, so that will open up some more weekday fishing time for the summer.

masoneddie - hope your power comes back soon. As much lightning as there is out there this morning, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose it a while today here, too.

IW - try not to get too happy off those paint fumes  :P

mr.clean - sounds like you'll be getting our weather tomorrow. It's been sunny and 90s here for a few days, now heavy storms this morning, and then a big cooldown once they blow through.

drifter - oops  :o Do you know the story behind that little mishap?

OS - good deal  :thumbsup: I wish I could convince my old man to do that. He's been told several times now he could get them through the VA, too, but he's too stubborn   :-\

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27869 on: Jun 01, 2022, 05:40 AM »
Good morning IW, Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

48 degrees to start the morning off. The guessers claim 66 by the afternoon with the wind machine turned to low.

Dave...No kidding the family has had a tough time, best wishes sent their way.

IW,,,Good luck with your painting job :thumbsup: I have a few jobs ahead of me.

Eddie...Dang power :%$#!: Hope your job yesterday went smooth :thumbsup:

WW...Congratulations to your grand daughters, pretty dang neat :clap:

With the wind being on the lite side I am going to take are of a couple tree jobs today. Yesterday I decided to take a few measurements on the s-i-l's maple for cabling supplies. From the storms on Monday night the split had gotten worse and we decided the best idea is to cut it down. Looks like my Saturday will be taken care of.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.