Author Topic: Runners for bass pro flip shelter - what does everyone sit on?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline MichaelAngelo

• IceShanty Rookie
Have a Bass Pro Shops flip shelter which I love for its ultralight weight.  Have never put runners on it because I sit in a camp chair in the tub and have been worried the pressure points of the chair legs would crack the plastic once the runners lifted it off the snow/ice.

Anyone else have this issue?  Already have a crack in the tub from towing it without runners and worried about it cracking again. 

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Runners for bass pro flip shelter - what does everyone sit on?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2020, 10:45 AM »
The runner kits will probably only add to the strength of the tub. To clarify I am talking about the kits that put like 6 runner strips under the sled. You would still have pretty much continuous contact with the ground like you do now.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2020, 10:51 AM »
id put something under the chair legs to disperse the pressure out evenly.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2020, 10:57 AM »
id put something under the chair legs to disperse the pressure out evenly.

That's what I did with my lawn chair....fastened a 1 x 2" furring strip across the front legs of my chair, that was always falling down in grooves in floor of suitcase porty.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.