Author Topic: Eskimo evo  (Read 3037 times)

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
Eskimo evo
« on: Feb 26, 2020, 03:40 PM »
Does anyone have one the eskimo evo shelters?  Just wondering how you like them

Offline jcrow75

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eskimo evo
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2020, 07:24 PM »
I have the EVO2, non insulated. It is nice and easy to setup. There is a ton of room and plenty of windows. the seats are great. They swivel and are comfortable. The doors on the sides make it easy to get in and out of without tripping over your setups.
It is not a tent you are going to run and gun with. You will also want to get the tool to allow you to set the anchors with a drill.

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2020, 11:13 AM »
Had an Evo 2 non insulated. Best entry and exit you could ask for. Lots of room, big tub, plenty high enough. Sold it due to arthritis, not being able to get down for the screws.

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2020, 10:46 PM »
Thanks, I have tool for the drill to put in the anchors.  I have a couple of hubs, and a couple of flip overs.  Have been thinking about getting the evo to have a little of both.

Offline alaska mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2020, 01:04 PM »
I have used my evo1 insulated for a couple of seasons now. The black insulated top with the sun keeps the inside nice enough to not need a heater most times. Plenty of room for one guy. I drill two holes for jigging and the helix. On the other side of the tent is another hole for the jawjacker. Works out great. Like what was said, the seat is nice. I put an additional 2" pad to give the seat more height and to make it even easier to get out of. The tub seems to have plenty of room to haul stuff. Overall I like it a lot. It is not a shack that you want to more a bunch of times per day. But for my style of fishing it works out fine.
Any day on the ice with little to no wind, is a darn good day.

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2020, 10:20 PM »
I got mine last week.  Just as the ice got too unsafe.  I now have to wait till next season to use it.  I got the insulated one.  I'm impressed with the room it has just setting it up at the house.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.