Author Topic: Good first trip...  (Read 1048 times)

Offline hrdwtr24

• Team IceShanty Addict
Good first trip...
« on: Dec 31, 2009, 04:36 PM »
Well I finally made it out today!! was going to go to the wethersfield cove but ended up at Tyler. got a late start got there at 9:30 6 or 7 trucks/cars at the boat launch never fished there so I was flying blind, looking at my trusty guide to lakes and ponds found a spot to start started to drill my 1st hole and D@MN almost 10" of ice! had I known I would've brought the power auger.. ;) all in all a great day I didn't take many pictures it was snowing so hard when I got there I didn't take the camera out of the truck. first flag of my season was a dink yellow perch but ended up icing a bunch of largemouth bass between 1 and 3 pounds and an equal number of pickerel to about 20" along with a few more perch.. I will post up some crappy cell phone pic's when I can. it was real nice to finally be fishing!!...Bob..

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Good first trip...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Congrats :tipup:

Offline bumbala357

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Well I finally made it out today!! was going to go to the wethersfield cove but ended up at Tyler. got a late start got there at 9:30 6 or 7 trucks/cars at the boat launch never fished there so I was flying blind, looking at my trusty guide to lakes and ponds found a spot to start started to drill my 1st hole and D@MN almost 10" of ice! had I known I would've brought the power auger.. ;) all in all a great day I didn't take many pictures it was snowing so hard when I got there I didn't take the camera out of the truck. first flag of my season was a dink yellow perch but ended up icing a bunch of largemouth bass between 1 and 3 pounds and an equal number of pickerel to about 20" along with a few more perch.. I will post up some crappy cell phone pic's when I can. it was real nice to finally be fishing!!...Bob..
Think we spoke on the Ice yesterday@ Tyler I was jigging only no tip ups got 1 brown you mentioned the power auger LOL yea tough to hand drill 10" of Ice.Glad to hear you had a good day.

Offline hrdwtr24

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2010, 05:16 PM »
Think we spoke on the Ice yesterday@ Tyler I was jigging only no tip ups got 1 brown you mentioned the power auger LOL yea tough to hand drill 10" of Ice.Glad to hear you had a good day.

Glad to see you on here!! had a great day, all out of 2 holes. coulda saved some time and just HAND drilled those two.. ;) ...Bob..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.