Author Topic: Menominee County waters  (Read 598 times)

Offline Bear23

• IceShanty Rookie
Menominee County waters
« on: Dec 27, 2012, 07:18 PM »
Anyone been out in Menominee County yet ? I see there are hard shacks out at Shakey Lakes (Resort lake) and atv tracks / foot traffic on Bass Lake.  I didn't get out to check, but was told there was about 6 inches of good ice out there.  Hopefully I'll get out tomorrow to confirm......Take care and stay dry !!

Offline big bobber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • cant fish during the day...learn to fish at night
Re: Menominee County waters
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2012, 09:46 AM »
bear23...i worked in men this summer..on the other side of town(going to dagget)...right across from state line apparel...there are a couple ponds back there behind the church...is it fishable in the winter???saw some kids with some nice sunnies/gills this past summer...i dont think its private.
i just know they will bite if i stay another hour.

Offline Bear23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2012, 01:22 PM »
I think that church is closed and it is now private property.  Ice on Shakey Lakes is good, a solid 6 inches or so.  Was out yesterday for a few hours and caught a few pike on Resort Lake.  A few hard shacks out and many portables.  :tipup:

Offline big bobber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • cant fish during the day...learn to fish at night
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2012, 01:33 PM »
i mow the grass at the church..so its open...the pond is not on church property...its right on the side of i believe 21st ave...just up past the grocery distributor...small pond prob about 2 acres.
i just know they will bite if i stay another hour.

Offline Bear23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2013, 03:39 PM »
Tried resort lake again but no luck.  Had a few bites off of Fairland Loop though.  A few nice gills ! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.