Author Topic: How many people in the U.P. do we have on I.S.?  (Read 8637 times)

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: How many people in the U.P. do we have on I.S.?
« Reply #90 on: Feb 02, 2012, 06:33 PM »
I was born in North Branch down in the lower, been up here since 06 and absolutely love it, I'm not a yooper, but my grandkids are...I don't consider myself a troll however, I consider myself a Woodtick...Doesn't matter if i'm in the lower, Up here, Alaska or wherever...I'm outdoors, hunting, fishing, camping..I love it here and don't plan on leaving...ever!
Mike

Hey I'm from NB also. I've been living in Sault Ste. Marie since 2005.

Offline mi-coastie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:19 PM »
Born in Yipsi, grew up between Hillman and Southgate. I have lived in the UP for 5years now, 4years in Hancock and now in Negaunee. My wife is a yooper from White Pine, and I claim yooper by blood as many family members are from Houghton. Would never willing move back below da bridge, would rather go back to Alaska if that was the case.

Offline MOPARDOCTOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Addicted to the ice
« Reply #92 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Hey I'm from NB also. I've been living in Sault Ste. Marie since 2005.

Yeah..don't like crossin' dat bridge anymore, but North Branch is still a pretty area of the state, anything south of Pinconning is a part of the state I can't stand, but the thumb is still nice.  Both me and my little brother were born at the same hospital, his birth cert. says Lapeer, mine says north branch...Lapeer General was built on the boundary....
Mike
Frozen Snot....It's a fashion statement!

Offline captjimtc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Feb 08, 2012, 10:11 AM »
Born and raised in Chassell Michigan and grew up on half moon beach on the bay.  I did a 15 year stint as a engineer in Traverse City before moving back to Chassell in July '11!  Great to be back although I do miss the salmon fishing on Lake Michigan!!

Offline Outdoorsmen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:53 AM »
to jim! i went to manistuqe this last fall for salmon fishing.. it was amazing! caught myself a nice 20 pound-er! best fight of my life.. was sooooo happy!! look forward to it again! i'm pumped! and the best thing was in the manistque river. just layed on the beach and took a nap. then woke up and fished some more!
Dusty Gagnon... you buy the bait i'll catch the fish!
:icefish:

Offline upblindfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Feb 09, 2012, 01:14 PM »
Originally from the EUP, been in Mqt for the past 6 years..

Offline woodslizard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Feb 10, 2012, 06:05 AM »
Born and raised in Iron River. Never plan to leave except for some hunting and fishing trips to other states and Canada.
American by birth, yooper by the grace of god.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.