Author Topic: Engman Lake  (Read 2312 times)

Offline BEAVERTAIL

• IceShanty Rookie
Engman Lake
« on: Dec 27, 2009, 06:16 AM »
Anybody ice fish on Engman?  Any luck?

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Engman Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2009, 08:55 AM »
ive tried that lake over and over again through the years without very much luck.   i can catch fish there in the summer   just seems like i cant get on top of them in the winter!   ive had people tell me they slay the gills there all winter....i think most of them are BSing me.    for me theres just way better lakes to fish not far from that one

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2009, 09:18 AM »
I seem to do well out there maybe 10% of the time. There's a lot of hole drilling and running around the stay on the fish, but there are some nice gills and crappies.

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2009, 09:30 AM »
Engman is definitely one of those lakes that has been fished out over the years.

Offline seggleston

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2010, 01:47 PM »
I hit Engman last weekend and two weeks before that. Last weekend was completely dry. Not even a flag for the hammer-handle pike. A guy not too far from me was yanking the gills up though, albeit they were tiny.

Two weeks before that I went out with my dad, uncle, cousin and some friends. We had a few tip ups out and ended up with four flags and three fish about 22 inches to 25 inches.

Offline bigkerrdogg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2010, 08:04 AM »
I can't figure the lake out.  One day you go there and catch a handful of gills and a couple snakes, another day you go there and can't see a fish.  Like Big Arn said, there are many lakes that are actually worth putting time into that are not too far from there.

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2010, 08:24 AM »
engman is pretty sad these days!       i wish the dnr would take some of the billions of dollars us fisherman give them and actually plant some fish in inland lakes!  and im not talking about throwing some over bred brute stalk lake trout in them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.