Author Topic: What tournament  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What tournament
« on: Dec 27, 2014, 01:58 PM »
So it appears that kenaijim deleted his tournament thread does anybody know if he is going to keep his word about not doing a tournament at Louise or was he just appeasing us locals. 
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What tournament
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2014, 07:08 PM »
willing to bet hes doing some more leg work 

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2014, 12:38 AM »
Someone should tell him the truth. There's no fish in those lakes and no one wants to waste thier damn gas money going there.
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline kwackkillncrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2014, 02:29 AM »
Going up this comming weekend for the weekend.  Hope to catch a fish in one of the dead seas and break the curse.  Not sure what sea we will be on but if you see 2 Eskimos swing by for a beer
I will never be a "Prostaffer" because I dont pimp products fo free

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2014, 04:37 AM »
the sighn was still up at sportsmens today.

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2014, 05:53 AM »
Someone should tell him the truth. There's no fish in those lakes and no one wants to waste thier damn gas money going there.
No  fish in any lake unless  you know how to fish.  That's the reason why some of us fish and some of us catch.  ;)2

Offline Kenaijim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2014, 01:20 PM »
Hey guys. Well the first day of the tournament went well. We have a tie for first place with 57 inches. We are not going to fish those radio active lakes up there. I got the message boys. So we will keep the fishing in the valley and close. I need some ideas, so lets talk.

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2014, 01:33 PM »
Hey guys. Well the first day of the tournament went well. We have a tie for first place with 57 inches. We are not going to fish those radio active lakes up there. I got the message boys. So we will keep the fishing in the valley and close. I need some ideas, so lets talk.
Glad to hear that the first day was a success.  Kudos for the work you have put into the tournament. Easy for people to sit on the sidelines and criticize rather than pitching in and supporting.   :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Kenaijim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2014, 12:12 AM »
I agree. It's too bad. I didn't deleted the thread. I don't know what happened to it.

Offline Kenaijim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2014, 12:15 AM »
There will be no more talking on this site. We're done!!

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2014, 01:38 AM »
Somebody's upset.
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2014, 10:49 AM »
Just to be clear I am all for a tournament and I think some pike action would be awesome.  For road accessible lakes Nancy, Long, and Memory have good fishing and would be great tournament lakes.  You should do the pike tournament in April when the pike are getting ready to spawn that's when they are the most aggressive.  I wish It could of fished the other day but family stuff got in the way.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2014, 11:22 AM »
Just to be clear I am all for a tournament and I think some pike action would be awesome.  For road accessible lakes Nancy, Long, and Memory have good fishing and would be great tournament lakes.  You should do the pike tournament in April when the pike are getting ready to spawn that's when they are the most aggressive.  I wish It could of fished the other day but family stuff got in the way.
Hopefully Kenai Jim reconsiders about the forum as it can be  very useful way to share the fun of ice fishing. Setting up a new tournament is a monumental task.  Always nice to see pike being taken out of our lakes.

Offline kwackkillncrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2014, 11:57 AM »
If you want to know more info on it just call him.  He wasnt trying to ruin any lake by doing this he was just trying to start up a catch and release tournament.  All of his plans for the tournament were never set in stone it was more to get people interested in it.  He likes fishing the lake trout lakes just as much as anyone else and would never try to ruin the lakes for the locals.  I talked with him the day after the first fishing day on big lake and he said that it was a success and that people had alot of great input.  Seems to be as the word is spreading that its a good time.  As for the forum being a good contributer. I feel it could be but any one that had any information on it has voiced the way they felt about it.  For this site i feel there arent to many "Locals" and the ones that are on here all the time said how they felt bout it.  Sounds like its turned into a valley type of tournament where they hope from lake to lake and possibly having a pike beat down.  I will be out at the next big lake one.  Who can complain about the chance to win prizes at a tournament you dont have to pay an entry fee for.  (unless you that jedi guy that just wants a trophy of recognition).
I will never be a "Prostaffer" because I dont pimp products fo free

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 29, 2014, 12:06 PM »
If you want to know more info on it just call him.  He wasnt trying to ruin any lake by doing this he was just trying to start up a catch and release tournament.  All of his plans for the tournament were never set in stone it was more to get people interested in it.  He likes fishing the lake trout lakes just as much as anyone else and would never try to ruin the lakes for the locals.  I talked with him the day after the first fishing day on big lake and he said that it was a success and that people had alot of great input.  Seems to be as the word is spreading that its a good time.  As for the forum being a good contributer. I feel it could be but any one that had any information on it has voiced the way they felt about it.  For this site i feel there arent to many "Locals" and the ones that are on here all the time said how they felt bout it.  Sounds like its turned into a valley type of tournament where they hope from lake to lake and possibly having a pike beat down.  I will be out at the next big lake one.  Who can complain about the chance to win prizes at a tournament you dont have to pay an entry fee for.  (unless you that jedi guy that just wants a trophy of recognition).
GREAT insight and input. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline JediMasterSalmonSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 29, 2014, 01:41 PM »
If you want to know more info on it just call him.  He wasnt trying to ruin any lake by doing this he was just trying to start up a catch and release tournament.  All of his plans for the tournament were never set in stone it was more to get people interested in it.  He likes fishing the lake trout lakes just as much as anyone else and would never try to ruin the lakes for the locals.  I talked with him the day after the first fishing day on big lake and he said that it was a success and that people had alot of great input.  Seems to be as the word is spreading that its a good time.  As for the forum being a good contributer. I feel it could be but any one that had any information on it has voiced the way they felt about it.  For this site i feel there arent to many "Locals" and the ones that are on here all the time said how they felt bout it.  Sounds like its turned into a valley type of tournament where they hope from lake to lake and possibly having a pike beat down.  I will be out at the next big lake one.

I heard it nothing but postive stuff about the event .... I know a member of one of the teams which is tied for the lead - his teamate manged a nice arctic char and he lossed a lunker at the hole that he said would have gave them a current lead.

I hope the event grows and generates more interest in ice fishing. I am confident that the organizer has good intentions. 

Who can complain about the chance to win prizes at a tournament you dont have to pay an entry fee for. (unless you that jedi guy that just wants a trophy of recognition).

Just to clarify for the literal people (not little people, LITERAL people)  - I am not interested in prizes or a trophy - I would really enjoy particpating in any competitive ice fishing event at any level - the challenge and essence of the experience would be enough for me.  I take no offense with you poking me.

I never complained about a ice fishing tournament on the previous thread which magically disappeared, I did suggest a can of worms might be opened by having the event at LL and those that regularly fish the lake wuld probably object to having an event at the location.

My comment about "bargin bin" prizes and inquiry about a "trophy" simply were meant to be taken as sarcastic humor. 

Just food for thought: I had a thread deleted previously - without any explanation - my thread was about sharing info about a casting call for media production company looking for ice fishermen. I can only assume that after going back and reading the user/member guidlines for posting content that I violated ice shanty policy some how.  Maybe a moderator deleted the thread? It looks like the thread about the same subject on Alaska Outdoors Super Site was deleted also?   

Offline BigFish_LittlePond

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 30, 2014, 06:49 PM »
Could also possibly be that this tournament was sponsored by Sportsman's Warehouse, which is not a paying sponsor/advertiser on Ice Shanty, and thus was removed so as not to provide free advertisement for a national chain sporting goods retailer... I could be wrong about that, but that's my hunch...
"Why do 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish?Because it's not a hobby for us,it's more of an addiction or obsession and there's nothing we're more passionate about.NOTHING.We've already had the skunk day that you're having today,we've learned from our mistakes,we've swallowed our pride and asked the locals.We've lost many fish and women during our journey to vet status and now we're being rewarded for our sacrifices

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.