The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Info on Ft. Peck Lake  (Read 1808 times)

Offline TackleTester

• IceShanty Rookie
  • sorry i'm late, fishing is more important
Info on Ft. Peck Lake
« on: Feb 19, 2005, 08:54 AM »
Hey guys, I am from Indianapolis and am thinking about making a trip up to Ft. Peck Lake sometime in the near future.  I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the lake....Just how it fishes, clarity, results, pressure, things like that. 

I will probably be visiting during soft water time, a good chance it will be mid-summer.....I am especially interested in the pike, walleye, trout, and Smallmouth.  Any info would be greatly appreciated......Thank s in advance.

If any of you have the unfortunate experience of coming to Indy, I will be sure and give you some good info as well ;D

Catch em up
Brian
CEO Tackle Testers International

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
Re: Info on Ft. Peck Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2005, 09:37 PM »
TackleTester,

Do an internet search for "Montana Outdoor Radio Show".  There are fishing reports there including some from Fort Peck Reservoir.  Also there are links to guides and outfitters that fish there daily who are very helpful. 

Seedtree

Offline TackleTester

• IceShanty Rookie
  • sorry i'm late, fishing is more important
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I will try that...It seems like it will help a great deal.....Appreciate it......Thanks again

Catch em up
Brian
CEO Tackle Testers International

fishergal

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2005, 06:36 PM »
Tackletester

We went in mid-July and the bugs were something to behold.  If you camp, just beware of the skeeters and gnats, they are horrendous at that time of the year.  Extremely low water is causing problems for launching in some places.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2005, 03:04 PM »
We fished fort peck last june20-27th or so.Even then the lakers were down at 80-100 ft.We caught pike,bass,goldeyes,and lots of nice wallys.Caught bass on cranks near dam.Caught pike on same on sharp dropoffs.Caught wallys draggin spinner rigs or plastics on bottom in 8ft to 25 ft.There was always a breeze so did alot of drifting.The place is a blast!Good luck-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.