The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: It has arrived!!!  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It has arrived!!!
« on: Jan 06, 2022, 08:25 AM »

Now i need to go hunt down some ice!
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline TFish57

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: It has arrived!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2022, 09:21 AM »
Nice. I’ve been wondering how much those add to the effectiveness of drill/auger setup. A review would be appreciated once you find some ice to grind.
If you’re not fishin, you’re wishin.

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2022, 09:25 AM »
I still want to pick up a 5ah battery but they cost 150$...... Looks like ill be chalking up the $$$ before my trip to traverse city on the 14th.....

Offline icerink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2022, 10:35 AM »
I've been using my Clam plate four years and it works great. You are in control of the auger. My buddy was using his drill with a handle on his auger and  it caught and took him right down on the ice. Lucky he didn't break his wrist.

Offline bluegillJake

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Looking for ice time
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2022, 10:42 AM »
I've had mine 5 years now (and even got a 2nd) and love it to this day.  It makes a big difference for easily controlling the auger and not having to worry about it dropping through the hole.  They make a geared down version to reduce drain on the drill, but I haven't tried it yet.

Regarding the larger batteries, I've gone to Amazon to buy the Chinese knockoff batteries that are compatible with my drill.  I'm on the 4th year with them and have not drilled one of them dead yet.  Plus there's less than half the price, so even if they crap out after a few years you're still ahead. Tight lines!!

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2022, 10:58 AM »
I've had mine 5 years now (and even got a 2nd) and love it to this day.  It makes a big difference for easily controlling the auger and not having to worry about it dropping through the hole.  They make a geared down version to reduce drain on the drill, but I haven't tried it yet.

Regarding the larger batteries, I've gone to Amazon to buy the Chinese knockoff batteries that are compatible with my drill.  I'm on the 4th year with them and have not drilled one of them dead yet.  Plus there's less than half the price, so even if they crap out after a few years you're still ahead. Tight lines!!
This is the geared version.... It really does slow it down quite a bit shoukd make short work of the ice

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2022, 11:14 AM »
I still want to pick up a 5ah battery but they cost 150$...... Looks like ill be chalking up the $$$ before my trip to traverse city on the 14th.....

USE CODE for $20 off   277852...good luck with your set up

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200662383_200662383

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200725795_200725795

I added a Gear Box to an exsisting plate ..going to use my brushed DCD985 ..see how it handles ..my regular Milwaukee set up works fine
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline compli123

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish whispering since 1962
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2022, 02:43 PM »
Go out and do it. Ice is good Clare north; now we need some local info!
I like to sit around on the ice doing nothing because my wife won't let me do it at home.

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2022, 11:22 AM »
This is the geared version.... It really does slow it down quite a bit shoukd make short work of the ice
Nothing wrong with that lol  we don’t have the geared version and have to slow down or you get really wet!

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2022, 06:46 AM »
Doeslayer

Also if your current set up is the one you posted above ..I notice some things on your previously posted picture that helps some 

Loosen the U bolt ..loosen the drills chuck ..move the drill up some ...next move the trigger back to the other slot ..leave things loose till you get it "right" ..the trigger pull should be parallel/even with the mounting plate and all other connections should be at 90 degrees. This accomplishes a couple things ..the trigger pull will be even with the handle and Plate of the plate..so your thumb wont be reaching over the top to grasp the trigger pull ..also the trigger could get jammed on the handle the way it is now VERY Dangerous situation (remember to always remove the battery for adjustment and transport ..ask me how I know this) .  Adding a rubber washer or castration ring take the slop out of the trigger

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2022, 02:40 PM »
Miluakee and clam plate is a deadly combo. Love mine...and I have one of those Russian augers on it..slays holes quick. I also agree about taking battery out when transporting..a long walk in the woods and a branch hit the trigger handle and wrapped around some line on a rod...quickly removed the whole spool ...lol
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.